Non O to retirement at Jomtien

I will have to convert my Non O to retirement in February.  I have the Non O as last time I went to renew the Retirement the rules had been messed with regarding timing of doing this (Big Jokes efforts) and I could not do in the required time window, so off to Laos because of stupidity. Of course there was nothing official published on the timing, just left to the local I/O interpretation, so very hard to get right. I work a 4x4 roster out of the Northern Africa, and try and live in Thailand on a Retirement extension. I have the cash in bank, health insurance through work etc so non of those requirements are (should be) a problem.

So is there any timing requirements at Jomtien at the moment to change?  Last time was it had to be done in the two weeks before it expired from memory. Unfortunately this time I will also have to do a few days outside of Thailand on my time off, so if there are any time based requirements on changing to retirement I need to know in advance so I can try and adapt.  I have been quoted 12,000Baht by an agent for what should be a simple conversion, so that may be my plan B.

Cheers

I believe you could do it in the last month up to the expiry of your 90 day Permission of Stay. Always best to leave a bit of time in case of unforeseen issues. But presuming you have had the 800,000 seasoned for 2 months, should not be an issue. I wasn't asked but you can never be 100% sure a TM30 will be needed.   

Edited by jacko45k

Jomtien Immigration will accept retirement extension applications up to 30 days before permission to stay expires. Sometime, if you can show you will not be in country during that 30 day window, they may do up to 45 days early.

As mentioned, if your 800k is seasoned (2 months before application), you will need bank book updated on day you apply, bank letter confirming account dated the day of the application (or perhaps day before if you apply early before banks open), application TM.7, copy of identity page from passport plus copies of pages with Non-O Visa and entry stamp, one photo (can get from shop next door - they also make copies if needed), evidence of where you are residing.

Jomtien Immigration also may give you a date 90 days from application date to appear with bank book to show you still have 800k on deposit as required - but from all reports I have seen, they do not have any method to track people returning to report (those that do say the IO looks at bank book and makes no record of the visit) -- also, for those that are not in Thailand on the date they are supposed tor report have had no problem doing so soon after returning to Thailand.

Edited by soisanuk

I just did mines Jan 17th it was 35 days early, he told me can't do it come back in four days I showed him my airplane reservation that I was leaving in 4 days and he O.K. and did a step better told me to come back that same day afternoon to pick up everything so I could also obtain my Multi-entry in the afternoon! everything in my package was in order including the copy of the TM-30, he went through all my paperwork highlighted what was needed then ask me where is TM-30 I flip through the package and pointed to him!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I just did mines Jan 17th it was 35 days early, he told me can't do it come back in four days I showed him my airplane reservation that I was leaving in 4 days and he O.K. and did a step better told me to come back that same day afternoon to pick up everything so I could also obtain my Multi-entry in the afternoon! everything in my package was in order including the copy of the TM-30, he went through all my paperwork highlighted what was needed then ask me where is TM-30 I flip through the package and pointed to him!

Jomtien ?

18 hours ago, thailand49 said:

what the hell is TM-30? IS IT also required for the retirement extention?

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

what the hell is TM-30? IS IT also required for the retirement extention?

You are in a world of hurt when they catch up with you!

Now let me see how I can explain it to you?  there must have been millions of threads in regards to the TM-30.

Government requires a TM-30 for everyone that enters into Thailand. Those who come and stay at Hotels when they check it the hotel does it. If you stay at a Condo or house the owner needs to do it or you do it yourself it is required something like 24-48 hours after your arrival. If the owner of the property where you are staying doesn't and you get caught there is something like a 1800-2000 baht fine. One of my friends when at Jomtien went down to extend his trip longer got fined.

For myself, 14 years of extension never ask for one nor ask whenever I did my 90 report, in August I needed a Residential certificate that is when I was required to fill one out but they didn't fine me. Different requirements?  each time you leave for example Pattaya to Bangkok and stay overnight when you return got to fill out a new TM-30, I was told if I leave Thailand like to the U.S. and return I must fill out a new TM-30.

I know a lot of retired Extension never have done one, never been ask when they do their 90 reports and two who recently apply for their extension and it wasn't mentioned but since I had it I enclosed a copy with my application.

If no one ever ask for one continue to do what you do, play dumb and even if they ask for one just do what you did with me " what the hell is a TM-30 "????

23 hours ago, thailand49 said:

You are in a world of hurt when they catch up with you!

Now let me see how I can explain it to you?  there must have been millions of threads in regards to the TM-30.

Government requires a TM-30 for everyone that enters into Thailand. Those who come and stay at Hotels when they check it the hotel does it. If you stay at a Condo or house the owner needs to do it or you do it yourself it is required something like 24-48 hours after your arrival. If the owner of the property where you are staying doesn't and you get caught there is something like a 1800-2000 baht fine. One of my friends when at Jomtien went down to extend his trip longer got fined.

For myself, 14 years of extension never ask for one nor ask whenever I did my 90 report, in August I needed a Residential certificate that is when I was required to fill one out but they didn't fine me. Different requirements?  each time you leave for example Pattaya to Bangkok and stay overnight when you return got to fill out a new TM-30, I was told if I leave Thailand like to the U.S. and return I must fill out a new TM-30.

I know a lot of retired Extension never have done one, never been ask when they do their 90 reports and two who recently apply for their extension and it wasn't mentioned but since I had it I enclosed a copy with my application.

If no one ever ask for one continue to do what you do, play dumb and even if they ask for one just do what you did with me " what the hell is a TM-30 "????

When I returned from the Philippines i went down to Jomtien and up to the information desk to get the TM30 form to fill out. She ask me if i own my condo and I do. she ask me if i come back to it after travel I do ok then not need TM30. So i left. This is exactly what happened to 2 other friends here in Pattaya that tried to submit it at Jomtien. Guess will see what happens in May when I renew my retirement visa.   

58 minutes ago, hereforgood said:

When I returned from the Philippines i went down to Jomtien and up to the information desk to get the TM30 form to fill out. She ask me if i own my condo and I do. she ask me if i come back to it after travel I do ok then not need TM30. So i left. This is exactly what happened to 2 other friends here in Pattaya that tried to submit it at Jomtien. Guess will see what happens in May when I renew my retirement visa.   

Each Immigration Office has their own rules regarding enforcement of the TM.30 requirement.  As mentioned, at Pattaya Immigration, if your address has previously been reported on TM.30 and you are returning to the same address, no new TM.30 is required. Pattaya Immigration does not routinely check for TM.30 filing if doing the regular 90 day address reporting or doing retirement extensions.  However, they are known to check for TM.30 filing if you are obtaining other services such as residency certificate, re-entry permit, Visa Exempt/Tourist Visa extension, etc.

44 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

It's 1900THB to do it yourself, so really depends how valuable your own time is.

For 1,900 baht you need all the financials in place, if you use an agent and pay circ 12,000 baht you don't. I'm glad i used an agent, with the recent move downwards of the baht the 21,000 initial 15 month cost more than paid for itself

Did my 4th extension in SaKaeo but first time using the 800K method instead of Stat Dec , I didn't realised the monies had to be seasoned for 3 months for extension and mine was only seasoned for 2.5 months ,IO checked my bank book and nodded in approval.Great relief and approval done in an hour.

5 minutes ago, kumul said:

Did my 4th extension in SaKaeo but first time using the 800K method instead of Stat Dec , I didn't realised the monies had to be seasoned for 3 months for extension and mine was only seasoned for 2.5 months ,IO checked my bank book and nodded in approval.Great relief and approval done in an hour.

3 months seasoning was the old rule. Under the new rules, seasoning is 2 months before application and continue to keep the 800k on deposit for 3 months AFTER the application. For all other times, it must not fall below 400k.

13 hours ago, hereforgood said:

What it all comes down to one never know what you are going to get! 

Same as you I never was ask for a TM-30 even last year when I applied, never ask in my number of 90 days report this is the same with guys I have coffee who also applies for their extension.

I've heard this from the head officer who was interview on Pattaya People, said if you are on a Retirement as long as you are register or staying at the same resident no need.

Then one day I had to register for a residential certificate went in the door to the information counter and told I needed to register for TM-30 that day as I stood waiting for my certificate noticed this was being asked of many?  I ask the girl at the counter she said new that day?  but I've seen heard like you no one is being asked?  Who the hell knows what the favor of the month is going to be?

Much appreciate the information and updates.

Dealing with immigration is so much fun. I used to get in trouble for not moving the 800k Baht and just letting it sit there and earn interest, now they may want to see I have not used in in 3 months.  The information about a copy of the plane ticket to justify an early extension is something I have never heard before and something can possibly use.

Guess I will gather all the paperwork  I think they need or may want and give it a try. If I strike problems then it will be through the agent method.

Cheers