Baht hits lowest level in seven months amid virus worries

webfact

41 minutes ago, Tatman95 said:

Bloody good news ,they might get the English going back there again 

I could see it happening. Full page ads in US and European magazines encouraging us to enjoy the pearls of the Orient in Asia. Until we get a pandemic of our own.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, madmen said:

Why do you say that?  What economic data are you using 

China has put industrial city on lockdown. Multinational are closing stores and offices. It will slow down China economy while they resolve their issues and it will take several months to over a year. This will be felt worldwide. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-29/virus-blow-to-china-s-economy-to-be-worse-than-sars-nomura-says

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeboyd/2020/01/27/sudden-free-fall-chinaus-air-traffic/#701e9d0b208c

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BRUFC said:

Maybe the baht will dive and TAT will be courting the farang...'come back, all is forgiven', 'it was all a misunderstanding'.

Keep your fingers crossed. The 'farang' myth is fading fast, not only in Thailand,but around the world. It's not necessary for an explanation, posts herein on TVF is enough - it is just that one needs to read it with an open mind.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, yokat said:

I'll celebrate when the thb/eur goes over 37 again, this is where it was when I first moved in. I also have a few large expenses coming soon so I'll gladly save a few % on my money transfers

Your a lucky guy. I was here when the euro was 50. ☹️

3 hours ago, ravip said:

Keep your fingers crossed. The 'farang' myth is fading fast, not only in Thailand,but around the world. It's not necessary for an explanation, posts herein on TVF is enough - it is just that one needs to read it with an open mind.

Away with your racist nonsense pal.

• Confused 5