Thai PM falls sick, but it’s not coronavirus

webfact

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, one good thing can come out of this. With his delegation of authority, something might actually get done around here!

Another brave "soldier," ready to march onward into battle:

“I will travel by plane to Wuhan since I have been appointed by the Cabinet to take care of this matter,” Anutin said

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If I look at the masks they all use on the photo all I can do is to hope the best for him. All of these masks provide only limited protection against the virus. 

Limited? By that you mean none after 6 minutes wearing them?

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Limited? By that you mean none after 6 minutes wearing them?

It doesn't depend only on the minutes you use them. Everything what is not at least N95 is questionable. And even N95 is no 100 percent protection. It will filter out a certain amount. The virus can enter your body through the eyes too. And in this case all masks not covering the eyes will not give you any protection. 

Edited by Beggar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

If I look at the masks they all use on the photo all I can do is to hope the best for him. All of these masks provide only limited protection against the virus. 

It is understood what you say, however having this mask on is 10x better than having no mask on at all.

I purchased a pack recently manufactured by 3M which show 3 layered protection ... similar to those in the photo so I expect they are similar quality.

30 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

To wear a mask but not covering the nose. What a genius our beloved leader is....

That's why I posted that photo originally in a different thread.... because I noted he had his big nose kinda hangin' out. Not very hygienically correct....   I guess you'd call that style of mask wear a "low-rider" back where I come from!  :tongue:

• Haha 1

I kind of feel sorry for the guy. Nobody really likes him (except Steven100) and I guess the stress is getting to him.

Hope he soon recovers. Until then will miss his statements and should the virus go crazy, we have no one to order it to go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

Monday : 
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assured the public that the novel coronavirus situation in Thailand is “100% under control” .  

7.jpg&key=405102ff117ca4eb77a00d2bfad5ad

Today:  
Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has cancelled all this appointments and activities today (Thursday) because of sickness (corona virus).

"Karma is a bitch! "

1325994634_2020-01-3016_19_03.jpg.7d3586

Those masks are also not very helpful. You need a tight seal and those don’t give it.

7 hours ago, rabas said:

Thai PM falls sick, but it’s not coronavirus

How, if it takes so many days to test suspected cases, does he get tested so fast?

In other words, they can test quickly, right?

Actually HK researchers made a quick test. Only takes a few hours. That was done about a week back but not sure what Thai hospitals are using.

8 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

I thought he was such a tough guy, anyway a good leader delegates most of the tasks he has to do.

I think many dictators are a bit leery about delegating things because they are afraid of losing control.  Ever see that classic old Twilight zone episode from the 1960s where the South American dictator, no doubt spooking on Castro and Cuba, but the guy went crazy always looking in the mirror and seeing or thinking he saw traitors, always looking over his shoulder, hearing things, then started killing his own staff members, and friends.  Falk was the dictator as I recall.

• Like 1