Goodbye Chrome

SoonOh

20 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have used Firefox since Noah was a boy. Never any problems. Now I use with Adblock and Adblock plus- I never see any adverts.

When I use my Hotmail account on Firefox, Hotmail stops working. Any ideas why? Always has. Now have Win 10.

Beware I am a nontechie.

3 minutes ago, elgenon said:

When I use my Hotmail account on Firefox, Hotmail stops working. Any ideas why? Always has. Now have Win 10.

Beware I am a nontechie.

Have not used Hotmail outside of Google Mail for years - just have Hotmail listed in Google.

• Like 1

I must be doing some wrong...Chrome has always worked just fine for me on my three Windows computers...and makes keeping my Android devices and computers in sync with each other super easy. 

I use Edge (the original) as my backup browser.  But will be switching to the new Chromium-based Edge in a month or so as my backup browser.  Still waiting to switch since the first public mass release occurred only back on 15 Jan 2020. Yes, I know it was being tested in the beta test rings for months and months but the public mass release will be its big test and surely drive/uncover more bugs for MS to fix.  Plus, in no hurry to switch since Chrome works fine for me and even the original Edge works fine as a backup browser.

Edited by Pib

On 2/2/2020 at 9:18 PM, Pib said:

With the exception of Chrome who is clearly the king of the hill and  a distance 2nd place Safari, all other browsers are down in the weeds percentage use wise.  

But what exactly are they measuring as Chrome and even how do they measure it? If from internet data from browser headers do they differentiate between Chrome and chrome based browsers like Brave? Would even the new chrome based Edge be included in those numbers......

Not withstanding, as you say, that the Chrome browser has the largest usage anyhow. 

if you gave me a choice as to which browser to use forever, I would probably choose Mozilla Firefox

I sign in to Firefox and if I was to reinstall windows (or set up an additional computer) as soon as I login it syncs all my bookmarks and downloads addons automatically

there is something similar with Google Chrome and the Youtube/Gmail and Google account integration is cool in Chrome but.. I use an email client for gmail and don't care about the rest.

only have it as a backup if for some odd reason something doesn't work on Firefox (which practically never happens)

also have Opera and Opera GX for that reason.

not saying that Google Chrome is bad, it's fine.

I use Chrome and I am very happy with it.

I used to use Firefox but changed to Chrome a few years back when I learned of the syncing capabilities. I use 9 (yes nine) Windows computers, an Android phone and an Android tab. All use Chrome and are synced, so I know exactly where all my book marks are.

I haven't searched the market since then, but can other browsers do the same now?

23 minutes ago, petedk said:

I haven't searched the market since then, but can other browsers do the same now?

As said the new Edge is based on the same system Chrome uses and seems to do everything Chrome does.  Edge or Chrome seem to be the future for browsers.