Interruption of "marriage visa" (1 year extension)

I'm married, have visa based on that and third 1 year extension. And I want to go for a week or two to Europe.

- I think I can't just leave? But I have to somehow interupt my extension?

- When I come back my 3 month report will automatically reset to day 0? (I'm doing online reports)

Thank you.

Oh, ok, I just read something about that. Just two details:

- can I obtain it at any immigration office? I have to do extensions/reports/etc. in our province - in this case it doesn't apply?

- can I obtain it 1 month in advance, right? it's unlimited, valid until used

10 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

- can I obtain it at any immigration office? I have to do extensions/reports/etc. in our province - in this case it doesn't apply?

You can obtain it at airport if you wish.

Reentry permit 1000baht single entry or

3800baht multiple entry. Special little office takes very little time. 

If you need get new extension before you travel you can obtain reentry permit at same time at immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Presuming your permission to stay (renewal) does not occur while you are away.... you need a re-entry permit, this will keep your extension alive. It can be single (1000b) or multiple (3800 baht). It can be obtained at the immigration office responsible for your area, in advance, or at the airport on the way out. A 24/7 service at the 2 main Bangkok airports.... 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Just repeating in other words.

You can go to your local immigration anytime before travel and get one.

(I would recommend it, saves you any extra potential delay at the airport)

It's valid until your current extension ends.

So of course you have to be back before extension ends.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I do extensions at CW. Would never dream of obtaining reentry permit there. 

Seems nothing is fun at CW :smile:

Here it would just be a simple add-on for the extension, taking a few minutes.

No change of queue or the like.

• Like 2

I’m in my first extension, dealing with my first reentry from Don Muang.

It’s a little bit worrying because you need to go through passport control first, when I was logically expecting the office to be prior to stamping out, the only difficulty was trying to understand the IO mumbling away under his mask.

At 4.00 am there were a couple of Burmese workers checking out and it took me 5 minutes to process - a doddle.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 8:22 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Seems nothing is fun at CW :smile:

Here it would just be a simple add-on for the extension, taking a few minutes.

No change of queue or the like.

I just got back from the funhouse...jesus! It was packed today. 4 hours just to get my 1 year stamp after being "under consideration". Would never consider getting a re-entry permit from there.

1 hour ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

So i just drove 2 hours each way only so they can tell me, that re-entry are issues only 7 days before leaving the country.... .

I do not doubt your experience, but cannot believe that this is correct.

Many Non Imm O or OA long-stayers buy a Multi-Entry Re-Entry Permit on the same day they apply for the 1-year extension of stay.  As that will allow them to exit/re-enter the country at no prior notice during the full 1-year period of their permission to stay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I do not doubt your experience, but cannot believe that this is correct.

Many Non Imm O or OA long-stayers buy a Multi-Entry Re-Entry Permit on the same day they apply for the 1-year extension of stay.  As that will allow them to exit/re-enter the country at no prior notice during the full 1-year period of their permission to stay.

Well, it's how I found out it works here.

Every office and every officer here have his own rules. And there's absolutely no point in arguing with them. You might be able to get re-entry permit at any time. But if officer says 7 days, it's 7 days.... . ????

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

That's a fair post. 

I fly out of don Mueang every 2 weeks. I always glance at reentry permit office, just past passport control. Hardly see one person there 95% empty. 

Swampy perhaps more busy but either way far more easy at airport unless you deal with small imm office.

I do extensions at CW. Would never dream of obtaining reentry permit there. 

I obtain at airport. Absolute breeze.

I also use CW & did my 1st re-entry permit via an Agent (5,000 THB) so I didn't need to go in person (Now just get one at the same time as the extension)

I would have done it at the airport, but I use Fast Track (via membership of Thailand Longstay Management, only valid in Swampy) & it seems the re-entry permit offices are in the "Normal" immigration channel.

Is it true that if you get a re-entry permit you're fast-tracked through the normal channel or do you then need to go & join the queue [As you can probably tell, I hate queueing so make every reasonable effort to avoid them]

Also, I thought it was 3,500 not 3,800... [Doesn't matter to me as I paid 5,000 either way]

3 minutes ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

Well, it's how I found out it works here.

Every office and every officer here have his own rules. And there's absolutely no point in arguing with them. You might be able to get re-entry permit at any time. But if officer says 7 days, it's 7 days.... . ????

Just put you're going out in 5 days time on the application form, nobody checks & no proof is required, the permit is valid until it's used (Single Entry) or until your Visa/Extension expires 

• Like 2