PM not happy with proposed freeze of VOA for Chinese tourists

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, Yadon Toploy said:

Scores on here cheerled him into office.

Hilarious.

Admittedly, some were so glad to be rid of another Shin...  But I don't remember anyone here cheering him into office. 

I do recall a collective sigh of relief that a bad situation in 2014 didn't explode into bombings and gunfire and mass killings on the street, as has happened several times in the past.  Along with some cautious optimism.  Optimism that didn't pan out, unfortunately. 

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

Admittedly, some were so glad to be rid of another Shin...  But I don't remember anyone here cheering him into office. 

I do recall a collective sigh of relief that a bad situation in 2014 didn't explode into bombings and gunfire and mass killings on the street, as has happened several times in the past.  Along with some cautious optimism.  Optimism that didn't pan out, unfortunately. 

Yeh, ok then. 

8 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Quote,, it might hurt Thailands tourist industry,, Oh we have to think about the money,, unbelievable,, its not as if it is forever, only until they can control and stop the spread of this virus, they have brains the size of peas.. 

Well they must be bloody small peas!

Me and my Thai family are now in Oz, permanently. Today's "Courier Mail" (QLD newspaper) listed the countries most at risk of this virus - LOS at number one, followed by all asian countries. We already have cases here, mostly Chinese tourists, but no one is dead here yet. Who knows how bad it is - are we really getting the truth ? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I certainly wouldn’t argue with you on that one.

That said, I am not sure that God - and the Christian church’s credentials are any stronger.

Agree. I think we are of one mind on this matter - and perhaps associated matters as well.

25 minutes ago, rabang said:

I think at the end of this decade Thailand could be totally unrecognizable from what it was just a few years ago and a total Chinese colony. If you think it is bad now, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Not so sure. upheaval certainly but not quite so much in China's pocket as you fear. But. A populace gets the government i deserves. First, the Thai people need to grow up and deserve better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:
1 hour ago, zydeco said:

I can't imagine any real, independent sovereign nation saying something like this.

Which is why it was said by someone in Thailand's government.

You'll find that Thailand is a real, independent, sovereign nation.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Try to pick the lessor of the two evils and it is a toss up? I mean for us foreigners that is. Thakskin did nothing for us foreigners same as we are now being attacked and under the table alienated by the current regime. All racist crapola. FFP is the new hope, but fat chance on that materializing. Ben- Obi-Wan Kenobi as our only hope is non existent. Pitty. 

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Haha 2