Six more tourists suspected of infection in Phuket

rooster59

Six more tourists suspected of infection in Phuket

By The Phuket News

1580536030_1-org.jpg

Tourists arriving on a direct flight from Shenzhen are screened on arrival at Phuket International Airport. Photo: AoT Phuket

PHUKET: Six more tourists in Phuket are under observation on suspicion of being infected with the Wuhan coronavirus, local officials have announced.

So far no people in Phuket have been confirmed as infected with the virus, Dr Chalermpong Sukontapol, Director of Vachira of Phuket Hospital, stressed at the mandatory “daily update” on the current situation regarding the virus in Phuket yesterday (Jan 31).

“They are only suspected of being infected, and are under observation only,” Dr Chalermpong said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/six-more-tourists-suspected-of-infection-in-phuket-74636.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-02

"One of the new six being held for observation was identified while boarding a flight departing Phuket on Thursday, Phuket Vice Governor Supoj Rotreuang Na Nongkhai confirmed at the meeting."

While not criticising the initiative, it does seem surprising preventing passengers leaving. I wonder if it was a domestic or international flight they were boarding?

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why is it surprising? You want them isolated, wether arriving or departing, and certainly not in close proximity to others like on a plane.

Agree.

But where did this person contract the virus?

Did he have it on arrival in Phuket? So how did he get past screening when he deboarded the aircraft?

If he contracted the virus after he arrived in Phuket, then where, and how come someone is walking arounf Phiket with the virus.

So much it all being under control. And given the high number of infections in Thailand (and of course the PM et all is claiming Thainad it's the sixth best prepared country in the world) then seems to me definitely not under control.

Is absolutely everybody getting scanned at all entry points / monitored so that not 1 person can get past the screening point without being screened? And are the screening staff being serious about their work?

ho

It cant be screened for using  temperature.  And even that chiangmai man tested negative the first time with some other  test.   I I wonder if they are actually doing the DNA testing on Phuket or they have to ship it to Bangkok in a fight? I would think an island like Phuket would be the worst place logisticslly to supply the medical community  amd a bad place to be if and when a pandemic took root. 

51 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You mean you don't understand the difference. No spin,  Dr Chalermpong is absolutely correct.

Yes I understand the difference... under observation until released to go home.
But no infection.