Danish man, 30, dies after skydiving accident in Chonburi

rooster59

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

As an ex skydiver myself, I've had a few friends killed due to skydiving incidents, the cause in all of them was human error, not equipment failure, they left it too late to deploy their reserve parachute. I had 2 main parachute malfunctions during my time.

You never experienced a DZ with lack of safety and control procedyres? That DZ the accident occured have been troubled with accidents as long I have known about it, and also personal conflicts occured. 

Same goes for the bungy jumping business here In Thailand, the land of safey first. 

I have to say that most skydiving and base accidents I have seen or known, there have been mostly personal mistakes done, but some of the personal mistakes could have been avoided with better rutines and training, as the DZ as well routines and equipment standards as well maintenance. 

Equipment failure happens, and one rigger packed my reserve with a thicker loop that would never let the container open! Pilot chute errors, bridle mailfunction, risers, 3 rings, and so much more you should know about. 

No cypress fired on this one? Low speed impact? 

I don't know how I would feel and react when the parachute doesn't open. But I  like to think that after the first shock I would decide to enjoy the last seconds of my life in free fall, (nothing can be done anyway) wondering what the experience would be when it's over.

RIP to that poor guy. We will never know what his experience was. Utterly panic? frozen and numb?

24 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yet again a lot of wrong information in the article and replies.

Chute was deployed (open)

Low turn (hook turn) causing a hard contact with the ground.

The accident was filmed by another skydiver

The previous dead was somebody who got a hart attack during his skydive.

As somebody mentioned 99.9% is human error.

I activated my account again just to reply. My last jump was 28 years ago.

R.I.P.  Sorry for your loss Gary79

For those who is interested, a brief statistic about what can go wrong and how to prevent some of those incidents. 

It is an absolutely incorrect statement claiming that 99,9 % off all deaths in skydiving is pilot error. Yes other humans could be involved, but also equipment failure can and will happen. 

Myself 20 years skydiving 18 base jumping total numbers of jumps 3500 +-

stopped counting people I was friends with, god friends, people I knew and had met after 60 leathal accidents. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, yogavnture said:

wouldnt he have a back up ?  secondly . what a horror of a death..........knowing the earth is coming 

Every death is sad. But I would rather go quickly in a bad accident, than taking several years dying suffering like my father did. 

Requiescant in Pace

5 minutes ago, Catoni said:

No spare ‘chute with proximity alarm to deploy if main ‘chute fails? 

If not...why not? 

They have these things these days you know. 

It was a low turn accident, wich in most case is a high speed impact under a perfect canopy. This case pilot error. Sometimes low turns can be to avoid collishion with other pilots, or infrastructure you see you will hit in last minute. But overall hookturns is exiting, but dangerous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Tagged said:

It was a low turn accident, wich in most case is a high speed impact under a perfect canopy. This case pilot error. Sometimes low turns can be to avoid collishion with other pilots, or infrastructure you see you will hit in last minute. But overall hookturns is exiting, but dangerous. 

Okay. Thanks. Now I understand what happened. Sympathies ....

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, when it comes to safety, I do automatically blame the Thais. 

Must be true? 

Do you read the link? Just imagine your story?

read #41 and #42

• Like 1

Neaw Na news + TVF translate =

8 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Yet again a lot of wrong information in the article and replies.

Sure

8 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

As somebody mentioned 99.9% is human error.

100% NOT thai error. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I believe the real question here is what makes the police experts here. Will they call in experts or will they guess at the cause?

What do you think?

Sorry, not trying to have a go at you or anything, but, I for one would be VERY surprised if the BIB asked anybody for their profesdional/expert advice. I mean, how can anybody who's not a cop know more that the cops? Simily impossible... 

Edited by djayz

12 hours ago, LazySlipper said:

I believe the real question here is what makes the police experts here. Will they call in experts or will they guess at the cause?

The victim died because he hit the ground with great force; not because the parachute did not deploy.

• Like 1