Amazing Thailand!

Physherman

> Or if it's so close then advise people staying at the Four Seasons to get the taxi

> to Mae Rim, then negotiate with one the Songthaews to drive to the hotel at a cost lower than 150 baht.

There is no need. The Four Seasons is within the city limits of Mae Rim by roughly 2.4 kilometers. A ride to the Four Seasons is a ride to Mae Rim. You're correct, it is a 2 minute drive from the center traffic light by the overpass, which would certainly not make for it being a different price. A taxi wouldn't need to drive as far the Mae Sa turn. But the actual price wasn't the issue in the first place. . . The issue was the rip-off of the unsuspecting tourist.

Obviously no one spending $400-$500 US a night in Thailand will give a ###### about a 120 charge for the actual value of the money. On the other hand, how do YOU feel about dual pricing?

> And then there's walking

> It's close after all right?

Eleven minute stroll from the traffic light by the overpass to the entrance to the resort. Yeah, you're right. It's close.

> People staying at the 4 seasons are bound to travel light or use backpacks.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo Galilei

He says it better than I. :o

The Fly Fisherman

it isnt a rip off unless it is perceived as one, who says it is a rip off? Maybe the tourist going to the 4 seasons thinks its good value. In the end its a mute point as I dont think anyone (an actual guest staying at the 4 Seasons) is going to complain about it.

Did you happen to notice the BOLD Italisized sentence where I said:

" But the actual price wasn't the issue in the first place. . . The issue was the rip-off of the unsuspecting tourist."

The numbers are NOT the issue. How would you feel as a tourist going to Houston, Texas. The taxi says $20 to Houston, but $40 to the Astrodome. The Astrodome is IN Houston, but you as a tourist don't know that, so you pay the $40.

Sure, you can afford it. But does than make it a right action for the taxi to take advantage of?

I noticed that you didn't address the issue of double pricing for foreigners. I infer from your position about the taxi fares that you are in agreement with double pricing. After all, if it's OK for the taxis, it must be OK for everything else. Is that correct?

The Fly Fisherman

cant be bothered really. Dont infer anything. The dual pricing for foreigners is not the issue as thais could possibly catch a taxi to the 4Seasons as well, unless the sign stated otherwise like they do for entry into parks etc, which Im against.

has anyone who has caught a taxi from the CM airport to the 4 Seasons complained? So whats the big deal? Perhaps the U.N. should be called. Perhaps a cold beer might be better.

theres other parts of the world which are equally "amazing"

I'm for the helpful internet photocopy shops thread. I like the place across from the art store for my copies.

Otherwise this Thai ripoff thread is borrrrring !

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat.

good idea <yawn>

I'm for the helpful internet photocopy shops thread. I like the place across from the art store for my copies.

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat.

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat. :o:D:D:D

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat.

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat. :o:D:D:D

It's moot because the Four Seasons sends a driver to the airport, in one of their Range Rovers to pick up arriving guests.

Try getting a taxi or black cab from any london airport even a short distance then moan about prices of taxis in thailand.

Comparing prices Baht for Pound is sooo naive....

Nope...its all ..Money..dosh..faluse...dints..cabbage..Naira ..Dinars...Euros ..£££s... and wots the other one....O yea..the mighty $

Taxi from house (S.P) to Suwanna cost us 220bt the other day so wife paid but because the poxy company that should have picked us up at Heathrow. ...didnt ...it messed up.. I had to/managed to get a local outfit to run us round the M25 (famous London car Park) for a mere 4500 bt....a bargain...yep... horses for courses..etc.....easy come ..easy go...

Got back in time for last orders in the Wonder (local hostelry/pub) so that was ok then.....yep :o

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat.

It's moot.

I'm headed to the moat. :D:D:D:D

It's moot because the Four Seasons sends a driver to the airport, in one of their Range Rovers to pick up arriving guests.

what? one like this one? :o

post-15912-1176055432_thumb.jpg