Thailand will get hurt most after the virus

RyanWalker

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

what a non sense comment..... Thais have bend back and forth to the Chinese, given preferential status for property ownership, visa fees and so on and you are saying the Chinese are moaning for the lack of love, get real 555

You definitely have not seen the Thais with the Chinese before.. You are blinded about a property here and there. Look at general attitude. 

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I must have missed that bit of news Mavideol.......what can they own that we cant?

houses and land, at least 5 that I know about are owners, not owned by a company, owned by themselves, rich, very rich Chinese, also 2-3 more own hotel and land where it's located.... and quite sure you (and a lot of us) will not see it on the news

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what a non sense comment..... Thais have bend back and forth to the Chinese, given preferential status for property ownership, visa fees and so on and you are saying the Chinese are moaning for the lack of love, get real 555

Quite right just I passed the new owners of a house up the road, Chinese couple neither speak Thai, they own another house on the estate. Several others much the same including the most impressive house on our soi, again owned by non Thai speaking Chinese, how they do it I don't know. I know 2 lots are here on fraudulent grounds as they asked me to copy all their paperwork for immigration last year. They do tend to look after their homes far better than the locals though.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 2

So the chinese could also boycott all the major global airlines that have suspended all flights to and from China ... (spoilt brats they are...if they made an effort with consumable livestock hygiene, these outbursts could be somewhat avoided. There is also currently an new avian flu outbreak in China, but all the world is focused on the CoronaV).

• Like 1

Just now, mark5335 said:

I understand the point your are making, however in the overall context of the Thai economy the Tourism/Hospitality Industry sector comprises only 7% of GDP and, whilst China is Thailand's largest trading partner, it contributes just 12% of overall trade. So there are in fact others apart from Chinese that contribute to the overall health of the Thailand economy. Thailand like the rest of the world will get over this crisis just like it and the rest of Asia got over the SARS and H1N1/H5N1 health scares in the past. The country is resilient and not overly reliant upon China although obviously the economy overall will take a big hit this year from the current health crisis.

I believe it is 10% now and if one considers the collateral damage it's around 15% Which is why the government is so worried.

• Like 2

"The Thais maybe don't know that China are the only ones keeping them alive"

Lol

actually,  now China is killing the Thais with China's virus.

Last month, 2 million of potentially virus-infested Chinese came to Thailand,  180000 of them didn't leave. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Do you think thw US cares if the Thais go there or not? Do you think Australia care? Vietnam is a s*hole so no one cares. And also as for the West, China and the West knows where they stand with each other. Thailand will drown without China though. If you don't know it, now you do.

Educate yourself. 

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/health-safety/how-coronavirus-could-have-a-multibilliondollar-impact-on-australias-tourism-industry/news-story/ade36ea293c66a97cecdf83ad07152a9

22 hours ago, RyanWalker said:

Now however it seems many Chinese are upset about the attitude of Thailand after the virus story. Refusing them accomodation and restaurants and wanting to stop visas etc. 

For someone who reads the news, it appears that you are siding with the PM, i.e. putting $'s before peoples well being.

There are 20,000 infected in China that we know of and that will more than likely rise to 40,000 by months end as a minimum with the death rate rising to the thousands.

I believe most in Thailand including myself don't want them here until a cure is sorted, why encourage the spread if we know the countries source.

Thailand still has a way to go to keep it from spreading and the sooner it closes the hatchet regardless, Thai's will have the potential to spread it if infected by someone from China.

We are now hearing a South Korean woman who visited Thailand in January and returned home is infected, it's not yet clear if she visited China, but if she didn't, it just goes to show, be next to a Chinese person and you have a chance of getting it.

May I suggest you think about going to see your clients in China, if you dare, that would be a good PR exercise, or would it ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, toenail said:

I think “Ryan Walker” is a fake name. His style of writing and tone of voice doesn’t match a Westerner ( Mr Walker wrote some comments on this post btw complaining about the treatment of Chinese. )

More like Real Wanquer

Edited by Roy Baht
  • Haha 1

Ryan Walker very good update on some news that needs to be put out there. 

22 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

The Chinese have been getting preferential treatment. They can get in line with their moans.

The welcome mat has been lost and Thailand doesn't know where to find it.

Although I do agree with this to a point,  you need to keep in mind that the Chinese tourist is very new to tourism so anything that can make their stay in the Land of Smiles more easy the better it would be for Thai tourism in the future. Also, in my belief( some people don't agree) but Chinese are spending more money on average than other tourists coming to Thailand, and are the largest NEW source of tourists to the Land of Smiles. This makes them "more valuable" on paper than any other demographic. I can understand the sentiment of these Chinese tourists not wanting to come to Thailand, as I was screwed over several times in my Thai work environment for in my view being a "white farang male" who in the administrators eyes was o.k to go and "<deleted> with". Well, I don't live or work in Thailand anymore, and good on these Chinese folks for not wanting to visit Thailand.

• Confused 1