Democrats condemn Trump at trial as threat to American democracy

webfact

6 hours ago, chokrai said:

Maybe you should do some more research and I don't mean watching CNN. There are quite a few reports coming out about Biden and his whole crooked family. 

Not from anyone that knows.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RideJocky said:
20 hours ago, sirineou said:

I don't mean to be rude by my following reply , I am sure most of you are otherwise very nice people,and pretty smart in other subjects, or some of you are too young to know better but.

Re-educated would imply some education on the subject where none exists, This is obvious by the quality of the arguments, and  the ease all your sides  arguments  are defeated, to which your side moves on to a different argument, deflects , or simply reply with a laugh emoji.

I challenge your side to defend any aspect of trump's behaviour and I will handily defeat it with supporting evidence. I am very confident in making this challenge because  what he did is wrong and a danger to our county, there are no two ways about it, all the rest are rationalizations easily defeated. 

What need to be done is a difficult proposition,

I had started a very IMO interesting thread on the dangers of Democracy Which IMO is a very bad form of government, except for all the rest. I believe that some short of basic qualifications for voting need to be applied but then you have the danger of who determines the qualifications and how they are applied. I am sure such process would be usurped by special interest for their own personal gain. Machiavelli's The Prince  is interesting reading.  But you can't have someone who knows very  little about a subject vote on it, for obvious reasons and predictable results.  If someone cant even locate a particular country on the map , and knows nothing about it, said person should not have an opinion, again for obvious reasons. 

Yes, clearly only really smart people like you (coincidentally all leftists) should be allowed to vote. This is clearly the only way to insure free and fair elections.

All we need to figure out how to do it while not having anyone show any form of identification. Maybe set it up so voters are locked out until they pass some sort of test

No . not at all, there are many subjects that I don't know or I don't understand. I am not the brightest light bulb on the christmas tree, but I am bright enough to see that I should not have an opinion on them until I know more about it. Perhaps that's why "Leftists" are "Leftists" . If you were a "leftist" you would had read my reply a little more carefully and would had understood that I said "Democracy Which IMO is a very bad form of government, except for all the rest. "  and "but then you have the danger of who determines the qualifications and how they are applied "

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, chokrai said:

Lots of educated old fools out there.

Absolutely right,

I always live in fear that I might be one, They say "a little educations is dangerous"  

Knowing things does not make you smart, it simply makes you more educated,what makes you smart is the ability to use what you know towards a positive  outcome. But knowing more things provides you with more things to consider in your attempt to come closer to the truth.  When plotting an algebraic expression graphically, the more points you plot on the x an Y axis, the closer you come to a more precise solution. I think the same applies to  thinking. 

I know what I said concerning testing for voting is controversial,and dangerous, but I hope you might understand my frustration with the current system, where IMO special interests are not concerned with an educated on the subject  voter, perhaps such as you, because they know they can camcell you out with a "Know nothing" voter, of which is always a larger supply. 

I don't know, Am I making any sense???  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fred white said:

A crazy Mormon that's still as upset about loosing the nomination as Hillary is loosing the election

Mormonism sounds even more crazy than more ancient religions but I wouldn't call Romney a crazy Mormon. He seems extremely stable (if not a genius). 

• Confused 3

On 2/5/2020 at 10:05 AM, xylophone said:

Probably because they think they are in Kansas!!!

Dumb as a bag of rocks........so Republicans support a compulsive liar, a cheat, a fraud, a misogynist, an adulterer and someone who is plainly stupid. What does that say???? 

Got to be the worst US president ever.

Wow none of this was very nice. Word is, Trump stands a chance of getting re-elected. The turnout in Iowa was horrible. An indication of the charisma of their candidates. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, xylophone said:

I am neither, nor am I American, just that I hate compulsive liars and cheats, and this POS is unfit for ANY office, apart from perhaps office cleaner.

So the Republicans in the main support this moron..........says so much.

It's all about policy and results, not a fake happy face and being polite. Trump has delivered! I also think that those who refer to the American President as a POS  and speak so ill of all the Americans who voted for him, should proudly state their own Country, so such unkind ridicule can be returned, as unkind ridicule is all it is, and not discussion.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Add emphasis
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

It's all about policy and results, not a fake happy face and being polite. Trump has delivered! I also think that those who refer to the American President as a POS  and speak so ill of all the Americans who voted for him, should proudly state their own Country, so such unkind ridicule can be returned, as unkind ridicule is all it is, and not discussion.

What has trump actually done to claim anything?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

34 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Wow none of this was very nice

Sure none of this was very nice, but unfortunately it's all true and there's no getting away from it. Speaking the truth is of paramount importance as far as I'm concerned, but this poor excuse for a human being has told thousands of lies and half-truths – – he lives on them and for them.

And as for those who think that trump has delivered, well the wall is still not built and some of it has even blown over, and as to why it needs to be built when the majority of the drugs and illegals come through other channels, well-known even by his own administration, is a mystery or the rantings of someone who is delusional.

The renegotiated trade deal with Canada and Mexico is an absolute fizzer, with tariffs on the Mexican goods actually ensuring that the American folk pay more for their end product, and trump failed with his intention to get much greater access to the Canadian dairy market, increasing his access by just a few percent. And just to add insult to injury, the trade "war" with China has left a lot of farmers and other small businesses struggling.

The more than $3 trillion deficit will come back to bite Americans at a later date (sorry to say) and one of this man's promises was that he would reduce the deficit, and that hasn't happened either.

The economy is buzzing along and if you look at the statistics you will find that it started doing exactly that under the Obama administration and once economies start off on that footing, then there is a high chance that they will continue, which is exactly the case.

The tax cuts have done nothing much for anybody apart from the wealthy.

And the winding back of the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and the Consumer Protection Act by his government means that protection that was put in place to ensure that another 2008 Wall Street collapse didn't happen again, reigning in some of the "self-regulation" by the banks and investment banks, may well prove to be another disaster along with the huge deficit.

All this and the fact that the man is morally bankrupt should help you see that I have no time for liars and cheats, and anyone that can steal from a charity for his own ends, really doesn't deserve to be a president, let alone for the other misdemeanors he has committed. 

The dumb aspect I don't have to point out, because it's pretty obvious that someone who, on a visit to the Indian Prime Minister, doesn't know that India has a border with China; thinks that in the 1776 revolution one of the reasons for winning the war was that airports were guarded (yes he actually said that); is totally unclear as to how global warming works as witnessed by his comment when one of the states was suffering a cold spell, asking, where is global warming when you want it, and just the other day congratulated the state of Kansas, for a team which was based in Missouri.......many more out there if you care to search.

And for the record, in my opinion it is not unkind to ridicule that which is fact, because it is there for all to see. 

And I am from New Zealand if it makes any difference for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sure none of this was very nice, but unfortunately it's all true and there's no getting away from it. Speaking the truth is of paramount importance as far as I'm concerned, but this poor excuse for a human being has told thousands of lies and half-truths – – he lives on them and for them.

And as for those who think that trump has delivered, well the wall is still not built and some of it has even blown over, and as to why it needs to be built when the majority of the drugs and illegals come through other channels, well-known even by his own administration, is a mystery or the rantings of someone who is delusional.

The renegotiated trade deal with Canada and Mexico is an absolute fizzer, with tariffs on the Mexican goods actually ensuring that the American folk pay more for their end product, and trump failed with his intention to get much greater access to the Canadian dairy market, increasing his access by just a few percent. And just to add insult to injury, the trade "war" with China has left a lot of farmers and other small businesses struggling.

The more than $3 trillion deficit will come back to bite Americans at a later date (sorry to say) and one of this man's promises was that he would reduce the deficit, and that hasn't happened either.

The economy is buzzing along and if you look at the statistics you will find that it started doing exactly that under the Obama administration and once economies start off on that footing, then there is a high chance that they will continue, which is exactly the case.

The tax cuts have done nothing much for anybody apart from the wealthy.

And the winding back of the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and the Consumer Protection Act by his government means that protection that was put in place to ensure that another 2008 Wall Street collapse didn't happen again, reigning in some of the "self-regulation" by the banks and investment banks, may well prove to be another disaster along with the huge deficit.

All this and the fact that the man is morally bankrupt should help you see that I have no time for liars and cheats, and anyone that can steal from a charity for his own ends, really doesn't deserve to be a president, let alone for the other misdemeanors he has committed. 

The dumb aspect I don't have to point out, because it's pretty obvious that someone who, on a visit to the Indian Prime Minister, doesn't know that India has a border with China; thinks that in the 1776 revolution one of the reasons for winning the war was that airports were guarded (yes he actually said that); is totally unclear as to how global warming works as witnessed by his comment when one of the states was suffering a cold spell, asking, where is global warming when you want it, and just the other day congratulated the state of Kansas, for a team which was based in Missouri.......many more out there if you care to search.

And for the record, in my opinion it is not unkind to ridicule that which is fact, because it is there for all to see. 

And I am from New Zealand if it makes any difference for you.

Your opinions are yours. If ends there. Opinions are not facts, unless you are a leftist. 

• Like 2

A troll post and a reply have been removed.

Point of interest, this is an anonymous board where everyone regardless of where they come from can have have his or say, not just Americans.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

So forget that only two terms are allowed huh. 

House Speaker et al keep saying Trump is an illegitimate  imposter in the White house. That being the case I guess he would be eligible for 2020 and then again in 2024.

1 hour ago, Chiphigh said:

You have your opinion. But you don't have a vote. 

The non stop virtue signaling is getting sad. 

Is it possible that your facts refuse to look at any facts that you don't want to accept? 

Havent seen your facts. Seen your conspiracy theories though.

Still waiting for Rudy to come good on his promise. Trumps personal lawyer working with justice dept to dig up dirt.

Edited by Sujo
  • Haha 1