Democrats condemn Trump at trial as threat to American democracy

webfact

On 2/9/2020 at 6:51 PM, xylophone said:

Sure none of this was very nice, but unfortunately it's all true and there's no getting away from it. Speaking the truth is of paramount importance as far as I'm concerned, but this poor excuse for a human being has told thousands of lies and half-truths – – he lives on them and for them.

And as for those who think that trump has delivered, well the wall is still not built and some of it has even blown over, and as to why it needs to be built when the majority of the drugs and illegals come through other channels, well-known even by his own administration, is a mystery or the rantings of someone who is delusional.

The renegotiated trade deal with Canada and Mexico is an absolute fizzer, with tariffs on the Mexican goods actually ensuring that the American folk pay more for their end product, and trump failed with his intention to get much greater access to the Canadian dairy market, increasing his access by just a few percent. And just to add insult to injury, the trade "war" with China has left a lot of farmers and other small businesses struggling.

The more than $3 trillion deficit will come back to bite Americans at a later date (sorry to say) and one of this man's promises was that he would reduce the deficit, and that hasn't happened either.

The economy is buzzing along and if you look at the statistics you will find that it started doing exactly that under the Obama administration and once economies start off on that footing, then there is a high chance that they will continue, which is exactly the case.

The tax cuts have done nothing much for anybody apart from the wealthy.

And the winding back of the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and the Consumer Protection Act by his government means that protection that was put in place to ensure that another 2008 Wall Street collapse didn't happen again, reigning in some of the "self-regulation" by the banks and investment banks, may well prove to be another disaster along with the huge deficit.

All this and the fact that the man is morally bankrupt should help you see that I have no time for liars and cheats, and anyone that can steal from a charity for his own ends, really doesn't deserve to be a president, let alone for the other misdemeanors he has committed. 

The dumb aspect I don't have to point out, because it's pretty obvious that someone who, on a visit to the Indian Prime Minister, doesn't know that India has a border with China; thinks that in the 1776 revolution one of the reasons for winning the war was that airports were guarded (yes he actually said that); is totally unclear as to how global warming works as witnessed by his comment when one of the states was suffering a cold spell, asking, where is global warming when you want it, and just the other day congratulated the state of Kansas, for a team which was based in Missouri.......many more out there if you care to search.

And for the record, in my opinion it is not unkind to ridicule that which is fact, because it is there for all to see. 

And I am from New Zealand if it makes any difference for you.

Ah yes, New Zealand, don't call us, we won't call you either. A Chinese subdivision is the word I'm getting, but say no more, wouldn't want to upset the new owners. Your entire rant is no more then regurgitating your leftist news outlets. For intelligent conversation on climate change see judithcurry.com

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An off topic post dicussing moderation has been removed:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting an emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

13 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Read the case, just errors, not at all as bad as it sounds. Errors is all, so they paid funds to satisfy. Big deal. Not at all criminal. If it was  the democrats would have threw it in to their little contrived sham now over.

Just a eliberate error! ????

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

You are really very uninformed on this. Again, wait and see. And oh yeah, Trump is Acquitted, not guilty. Forever. 2020. My earlier prediction still stands - the Democrat party will not survive after 2020.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/hunter-biden-did-not-violate-anything-former-ukrainian-prosecutor-says-n1059136

Ukraine prosecutor cleared biden.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Read the case, just errors, not at all as bad as it sounds. Errors is all

Ha Ha Ha. LMAO when I read your reply because it seems very much at odds with what was published and what trump had to admit to in settling this misuse of funds..................

"Under a settlement, the president admitted he had used his charity to bolster his campaign and settle business debts.

He admitted to using the foundation’s money to settle obligations of some of his for-profit companies, including a golf club in Westchester County, N.Y., and Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida which he frequently visits".

Also.....In the settlement Mr Trump admitted to "persistent" violations of federal and state campaign finance laws by abusing the tax-exempt status of his Donald J Trump Foundation and using it as "little more than a chequebook" to support his campaign and his business".

He had to admit to this as part of the settlement, so your reply is a nonsense, and you know it.

However it does show that his supporters really do not know facts from fiction or truth from lies.

I suggest you read this a few times so it becomes clear to you, because I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Edited by xylophone
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Ha Ha Ha. LMAO when I read your reply because it seems very much at odds with what was published and what trump had to admit to in settling this misuse of funds..................

"Under a settlement, the president admitted he had used his charity to bolster his campaign and settle business debts.

He admitted to using the foundation’s money to settle obligations of some of his for-profit companies, including a golf club in Westchester County, N.Y., and Mar-a-Lago, his private club in Florida which he frequently visits".

Also.....In the settlement Mr Trump admitted to "persistent" violations of federal and state campaign finance laws by abusing the tax-exempt status of his Donald J Trump Foundation and using it as "little more than a chequebook" to support his campaign and his business".

He had to admit to this as part of the settlement, so your reply is a nonsense, and you know it.

However it does show that his supporters really do not know facts from fiction or truth from lies.

I suggest you read this a few times so it becomes clear to you, because I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

You need to read it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:08 AM, Crazy Alex said:

Come November, voters will be thinking more about their pocketbooks and the economy in general over this partisan impeachment process. Remember, just because 70% of people wanted ADDITIONAL witnesses in the Senate trial doesn't mean they'll care much if at all about it in November- when voters typically vote with their pocketbooks. Markets are up, black and hispanic unemployment are both at record lows, and the economy is doing fine. That will be more important than whether there were ADDITIONAL witnesses at the Senate trial.

I finally agree with you. People do vote with their pocket books. Trump should have the top few percenter's votes locked down no doubt. It is the 50% of Americans who live paycheck to paycheck and the income inequality at its highest level in the world's history that should trouble him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2020 at 7:05 AM, Crazy Alex said:

Democrats should be careful about continuing this obsession of getting Trump out of office- especially when they say things like "we can't trust the ballot box". People will be rolling their eyes more and more as Democrats continue this partisan, obsessive behavior.

They remind me of Momentum in the UK. Their carer needs to take the spade away so they stop digging.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kelsall said:

What's this?  For three and half years all we've heard from the Dems is that Trump is hated, incompetent, a joke, no one supports him, the most detested president ever, doesn't stand a chance....

Now they are saying they underestimate him at their own peril. ????????????????

“There’s no way to sugarcoat it, we didn’t have our best week,” said New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D), who heads the Democratic Governors Association. “We underestimate this president at our peril. We underestimate the fight on our hands at our peril.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/482389-democratic-governors-worried-about-drawn-out-2020-fight?userid=423436

Of course they say that to get their voters out.

If they said dont.bother voting because trump is a moron that wouldnt be smart.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, and the fact that he's fixing to cut social security, Medicare, ACA, Medicaid, and expanded ACA Medicaid

Cutting SS would never happen & is always used as a hollow threat/scare mongering by the Dems

As for Medicare

So far only Obama has done anything like that...

The Affordable Care Act — better known as Obamacare — cut $716 billion from the program. Those savings came largely from reducing payments to Medicare Advantage plans

• Like 2

4 hours ago, meechai said:

Cutting SS would never happen & is always used as a hollow threat/scare mongering by the Dems

As for Medicare

So far only Obama has done anything like that...

The Affordable Care Act — better known as Obamacare — cut $716 billion from the program. Those savings came largely from reducing payments to Medicare Advantage plans

Have to assume you don't research before posting. The facts are...

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/10/politics/trump-budget-health-care-safety-net/index.html

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Have to assume you don't research before posting. The facts are...

Have to assume you have trouble understanding the difference between "fact" (what has happened/Obama cut $716 billion) vs

what "may" happen ( Trump wants to but as yet has not )

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, meechai said:

Have to assume you have trouble understanding the difference between "fact" (what has happened/Obama cut $716 billion) vs

what "may" happen ( Trump wants to but as yet has not )

Whataboutism gets very boring. Dems will put a stop to the current budget proposal and negotiate a fairer budget for the disenfranchised.

• Confused 2