Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

If he truly did escape I have no words as to how one individual can outsmart an entire military and police force in an area that's been shut down and secured for the last 10 hours. You'd think there would be a soldier or cop every 3 feet at this point. 

There is no way this guy has escaped, it is a ring of steel around that place with guns pointing at every inch of it. there are hundreds of police, soldiers and all the special op teams you can think of.... and then some.

They are probably even guarding the drains.

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Your wife is like a lot of people.... reading fake news and passing it on to her husband. 

I can not find a shred of this report anywhere on any media source, and i am in constant touch with events through the local social media platforms where many know people who are/were involved myself included.

I am just a few miles down the road from this mall. My wife was there just before it happened. 

You seem to be the only person who has this info.

What do you mean? It was live on streams on many news sites. I watched it myself on NRK.no (Norwegian).

2 minutes ago, HOAX said:

Thats not live. Anyway, its the exact same spot Thairath and all other media is.

It was live but the broadcast stopped 3 minutes after I shared the link.

If folks can read Thai - then this is the hashtag to follow: #กราดยิงโคราช for videos from shoppers inside and bystanders, tweet translation also available by pulling up each tweet (stream goes by rather fast through).

8 minutes ago, HOAX said:

What do you mean? It was live on streams on many news sites. I watched it myself on NRK.no (Norwegian).

What was 'live on streams'?..... The final firefight with a huge caption on it saying 'FINAL FIREFIGHT'?... then a picture of the dead gunman?..... Please provide at least a single link to support (realistically) that this is over.

03.58 น. รายงานจากนักข่าวไทยพีบีเอส ตำรวจที่ได้รับบาดเจ็บนำส่งโรงพยาบาลเซนต์เมรี่ เสียชีวิต 1 คน 

???? ติดตามสถานการณ์กับไทยพีบีเอสได้ทาง #ช่องหมายเลข3 หรือทาง

20 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

This is like 12 hours old. Before he went inside the mall.

Yes, I know. And your point is?

A  minute ago you posted saying he had been shot dead, then you retracted and said he was still alive and had escaped. Have you made up your mind yet?

Edited by katana

6 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

What was 'live on streams'?..... The final firefight with a huge caption on it saying 'FINAL FIREFIGHT'?... then a picture of the dead gunman?..... Please provide at least a single link to support (realistically) that this is over.

No. He didn't even say he WAS dead. He said he HAS to be dead. If you had been watching the stream during the intense shooting, you'll understand it has to have ended there. Reuters also reported that two bodies were brought out after the shooting. It doesn't mean he IS dead, its just very surprising if he managed to get away.

Edited by HOAX

The Thais in general are not very good at organizing things when it involves different organizations, social groups, the police do not run things, as they stand around waiting for the actual military guys to make decisions.  Frozen by indecision due to their own social structure

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

He said he was tired 12 hours ago, yet he's still killing people. 

He couldn't have been that tired is probably the point

Being tired? I don't think that's the point. Firstly why would you believe anything the lunatic said? You sound naive.
The thing that struck me, was it was a video of him live streaming the attack and posing for a selfie, almost gloating, complaining about a stiff trigger finger after killing several people. That was the shocking thing. Don't know why you picked up on the tired thing.

Edited by katana
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HOAX said:

No. He didn't even say he WAS dead. He said he HAS to be dead. If you had watching the stream during the intense shooting, you'll understand it ended there. Reuters also reported that two bodies were brought out after the shooting. It doesn't mean he IS dead, its just very surprising if he managed to get away.

I was referring to the poster who said several times he was dead and referred to a 'final firefight'.... The video streams being posted a few minutes ago was actual footage from hours ago that is on a loop on thairath.

I did see the live streams of the latest gunfire which actually happened around 10.30pm, that was an operation of probably covering fire to clear all the floors of trapped shoppers that the gunman wasn't on.... my wife's cousin included in those who were liberated by that operation.

Since then there has been no actual dramatic incidents. those being carried out were wounded long ago, oh and apparently the wife's cousin had to be carried out also because she has a condition and can not walk too well.

As a matter of fact, i want her to take me to the security guy who carried her to safety, so i can shake his hand.... he was a hero in my book.

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Two officers from Thai SWAT team were killed after the clash with the shooter at 2.45 AM

Khaosod

Been reported on several others as well. But I read one deceased one injured, unless the other officer has since passed away as well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I was referring to the poster who said several times he was dead and referred to a 'final firefight'.... The video streams being posted a few minutes ago was actual footage from hours ago that is on a loop on thairath.

I did see the live streams of the latest gunfire which actually happened around 10.30pm, that was an operation of probably covering fire to clear all the floors of trapped shoppers that the gunman wasn't on.... my wife's cousin included in those who were liberated by that operation.

Since then there has been no actual dramatic incidents. those being carried out were wounded long ago, oh and apparently the wife's cousin had to be carried out also because she has a condition and can not walk too well.

As a matter of fact, i want her to take me to the security guy who carried her to safety, so i can shake his hand.... he was a hero in my book.

No, the latest gunfire was around one and a half hours ago or so, and the media was eventually moved away. The intense shooting lasted for 10-15 minutes and there could be heard several hundreds of shots in an almost nonstop shooting.

Edited by HOAX