Thai soldier kills 'many' in shooting rampage

rooster59

46 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

..... and we're off- I reckon at least 20 pages of ill informed comment, conjecture. 'expert armchair' opinions and all around moon howling by tomorrow. Cue the next 'this will be the death of Tourism in Thailand' thread.

Not many tourists in Korat, just a few old retired expats living the rural life with their misses.

• Like 1

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not many tourists in Korat, just a few old retired expats living the rural life with their misses.

It's a Budha day so many parents taking the kids to the mall. Thats what the missus says anyhow.

3 minutes ago, Thian said:

Is he still alive?

I'm guessing that because he's got body armour, helmet and a military rifle, the police can't get close enough to shoot him. He probably gets more shooting practise than the police he's up against as well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brewster67 said:

I believe he IS delusional when he said... and i quote... 'Just about EVERY Thai male i know carries a gun'.

Really?..... So will you back him up by saying that just about every Thai male that YOU know carries a gun?

I have lived here for 10 years and I know a hell of a lot of thai males and i have NEVER heard of a single one in possession of a gun.

I can't say the same for the UK as I come from a rural area and many many people have guns.

Sincerely hope that the relatives are okay mate, keeping fingers crossed for you, good that your wife and nipper got out before he struck. Good luck mate 

• Like 2

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/elite-police-army-forces-lay-siege-to-korat-mall-where-gunman-is-holed-up/

Elite police, army forces lay siege to Korat mall where gunman is holed up

Elite police and army forces from the Crime Suppression Division in Bangkok and Lop Buri-based Special Forces have arrived at Terminal 21 shopping mall in downtown Nakhon Ratchasima province, where a gunman is believed to be holed up with many shoppers trapped inside.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thian said:

Once i asked my friend (senior policeman) where i could buy an air rifle to kill snakes...he started calling around but i never got one.

There's the problem, should have just asked for a rifle, job done.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm guessing that because he's got body armour, helmet and a military rifle, the police can't get close enough to shoot him. He probably gets more shooting practise than the police he's up against as well.

Yeah, I would say it's going to resolve itself shortly after the ammo runs out, unless he finds access to more, or to something else, or even manages to escape. If he is a reasonably experienced, reasonably fit, reasonably competent, soldier, then not every police officer is going to be confident taking him on.

GF Just informed me the twitter images of the guy in the yellow shirt and the older woman in the purple top are the commander and his mother [inlaw]/grandmother at their military base house? 

Edited by Conno

12 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I have lived here for 10 years and I know a hell of a lot of thai males and i have NEVER heard of a single one in possession of a gun.

I don't live there and several have shown me there's (at different times), including my ex brother-in-law that copped a mouthful from my ex as to why the hell he had Glock in his glove compartment.

None of them being "low life mafia" types as alluded to in another post. Ownership is fairly common according to them (Bangkok based) ????‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Conno said:

GF Just informed me the twitter images of the guy in the yellow shirt and the older woman in the purple top are the commander and his mother/grandmother at their military base house? 

link please

Some Thai news say he was middle man aka agent in land sale and didn't get his cut apparently from his superior. 

Hostage situation ongoing. 

Edited by Xaos