Confirmed Novel Corona Virus Cases- Where?

Aromat

Really too much on this topic already. 
anyone can have it, not know it yet and easily travel from Phuket to Chiang Mai. How can you not know this by now?  Stop worrying and do what you think is best for YOU not what some poster on TVF says ( including me). We should have an entire day with 59 different threads on TVF for this. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

There may be only 32 confirmed cases, but there are over 600 'persons of interest' i.e. suspected carriers/contacts. As said, most larger tourist areas cannot be considered 100% safe. Elsewhere - the risk may be lower, but no information available to help you out.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I'd say stay away from any area that has lots of Chinese tourists like Pattaya, Bangkok, the floating markets around Bangkok & Chiang Mai.

And to a lesser extent Chiang Rai, Krabi, Pai, Phuket and Koh Samui.

Mae Sai, Mae Chan and pretty much all of Isaan sounds safe. The more obscure and less touristy the better. 

Remember, the Han Chinese are city people.  They love to live in high rise condos in huge, mega cities in China.

Get out to the country and you probably won't see any. ✓

Koh Samui gets a fair amount of Chinese and what about Koh Phangan this weekend was full moon when 1,000s converge on the island from all parts of the world you only need 1 person to have the virus 

Here is something new from China.
The deadly coronavirus is airborne, a Shanghai official has confirmed.
On Saturday it was announced the virus can now spread via aerosol transmission - meaning it can drift through the air for an extended period of time and cause infection if breathed in.
"Aerosol transmission refers to the mixing of the virus with droplets in the air to form aerosols which causes infection after inhalation," Shanghai Civil Affairs Bureau deputy head Zeng Qun is quoted as saying by China Daily.
"As such we have called on the public to raise their awareness of the prevention and control of the disease."
The Chinese government is urging residents to cancel all social activities and avoid large gatherings of people, reports China Daily.

The discovery of the disease being airborne means coronavirus now has three modes of transmission.
Direct transmission occurs when a person breathes the air close to an infected person who has coughed or sneezed.
Contact transmission is when a person touches a contaminated surface then infects themselves by touching their mouth, eyes or nose.
And now the Aerosol transmission
https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/202002/08/WS5e3e7d97a310128217275fc3.html
Whether you like it or not it would be advisable to start wearing masks everywhere because you never know when it will become airborne here in Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

A great laugh for some people on here but the government should be working on our behalf and advising the spread of the virus. It is precisely for that reason that China has so many cases, they kept quiet hoping the problem would dissapear. It is the paid responsibility of the health department that they give advice to the public and keep them informed, be damned the political or financial cost. Or are peoples lives that cheap in Thailand? Sorry, stupid question.

But the Prime Minister of Thailand said he has it 100% under control, is that not the case, latest statistics is 32 infected, 10 released after being treated.

All we can do is be responsible for ourselves, i.e. keep hands clean and away from face, and stay away from crowds, unless absolutely necessary.

China has the majority of the infected and it is spreading like wildfire as expected, other countries are managing it, and as soon as Thailand realises that the Chinese are a problem, then they can focus on the Indians, because I here there are a very large amount of them currently infected, but it ain't making the news, fake news, I don't know, just lay low and stock up, as for any more worrying, it would be the flu influenza, it's more lethal than the Coronavirus.

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I'd say stay away from any area that has lots of Chinese tourists like Pattaya, Bangkok, the floating markets around Bangkok & Chiang Mai.

And to a lesser extent Chiang Rai, Krabi, Pai, Phuket and Koh Samui.

Mae Sai, Mae Chan and pretty much all of Isaan sounds safe. The more obscure and less touristy the better. 

Remember, the Han Chinese are city people.  They love to live in high rise condos in huge, mega cities in China.

Get out to the country and you probably won't see any. 

"stay away from any area that has lots of Chinese tourists,like Pattaya"

There are not many Chinese tourists in Pattaya anymore. Stay away from BKK and you'll probably be ok. 

From the OP:

I have been following the news lately about this new corona virus. Thailand now has 32 confirmed cases...

Is there any way to find out where or what regions these confirmed cases were originally found in Thailand?

Any news that is found on this subject matter will be found as it is reported in the Thailand News forum:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/18-thailand-news/

Also, any news that is found on this subject matter will be found as it is reported in the World News forum:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/158-world-news/

Please follow those news forums for any updates.

//Closed//