CONFIRMED: Thai mass shooter killed at shopping mall

Jonathan Fairfield

18 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Not sure on that, initial reports said two, but later reports said one.

I as read somewhere two police were shot in there pick up.

I see, i thought they were swat team members but i might be wrong.

I also remember a pic where 10 swat guys are hiding behind an ambulance...don't they know that bullets from a war weapon easy fly through a van?

They need a better swat team, this took far too long...

I understand that sometimes you get so angry with some people that you choose the path of killing them. But what I don't understand is that why you need to kill innocent people that had nothing to do with your problem? Absolute nutter that has to be put down without any hesitation. Well done to police force for doing that. By the way, that robber who killed innocent people in the gold heist deserves the same fate.

• Like 1

Wow, missed this. They have mass shooters in Thailand now? Sh*t, thought this was an American thing. What goes around comes around, I suppose. Given the availability of weapons here that's a scary thought. Every other guy carrying a knife was bad enough.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, nausea said:

Wow, missed this. They have mass shooters in Thailand now? Sh*t, thought this was an American thing. What goes around comes around, I suppose. Given the availability of weapons here that's a scary thought. Every other guy carrying a knife was bad enough.

Yep, I feel that these shooters copy a lot from the American ones. Last year there were crazy shootings in New Zealand and Ukraine. The Ukraine mass shooting was not much publicised where 20 students were killed at a university. 

Edited by Thunder26
  • Like 1

RIP to all the victims.  

Thailand need to change their weapon laws after this horrible killing spree.   A soldier have access to advanced weapons and ammo and nobody cares?  Someone is responsible, do the right thing Thailand to prevent this from happening again. . 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Has there been any clarification as to how this actually ended? I know it's over but as yet have no idea what happened during the conclusion...

What, you missed the last episode? He died in a hail of bullets and I do mean a hail. Think the end of the movie Bonnie and Clyde x10.

• Like 2

Has it been confirmed that they killed him and not he himself? 

He posted a photo of a revolver yesterday and the same clips of bullets were on the ground near his disceased body. The entry wound into his forehead seems to be from a smaller weapon as well. 

It's not uncommon for in these situations for them to drop their rifle and commit suicide with a pistol as it's quicker and easier to shoot yourself with. 

Moot details I know, but I can't help but wonder where the final round came from and if as his last hoorah he killed himself right as they closed in. 

4 minutes ago, Thunder26 said:

Yep, I feel that these shooters copy a lot from the American ones. Last year there were crazy shootings in New Zealand and Ukraine. The Ukraine mass shooting was not much publicised where 20 students were killed at a university. 

The shooting in Korat had nothing to do with the US.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What, you missed the last episode? He died in a hail of bullets and I do mean a hail. Think the end of the movie Bonnie and Clyde x10.

Not really any footage of it. Some uneventful video and lots of gunshots and then a photo of him dead alongside two hostages. 

Could have been a single round, hasn't been much clarification at least yet. 

Just now, Nakmuay887 said:

Has it been confirmed that they killed him and not he himself? 

He posted a photo of a revolver yesterday and the same clips of bullets were on the ground near his disceased body. The entry wound into his forehead seems to be from a smaller weapon as well. 

It's not uncommon for in these situations for them to drop their rifle and commit suicide with a pistol as it's quicker and easier to shoot yourself with. 

Moot details I know, but I can't help but wonder where the final round came from and if as his last hoorah he killed himself right as they closed in. 

That's a good thought. It might be a probability, however from the footage we can see and hear the shots fired, that culminated this event. I believe he was shot by SWAT team.

1 minute ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Not really any footage of it. Some uneventful video and lots of gunshots and then a photo of him dead alongside two hostages. 

Could have been a single round, hasn't been much clarification at least yet. 

I've seen a video of it. Line of guys laid alongside each other with assault rifles. They all let loose together and empty their clips.

2 minutes ago, ExpatOK said:

The shooting in Korat had nothing to do with the US.

Of course it has nothing to do with US. But the ideas come from somewhere. And what he did was influenced by many factors, games, movies, real life mass shootings and uncontrollable anger.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I tried counting the shots and got to 40 and guess I missed about half so my guestamate was about 60 but I don't know how many of those my have been from the protagonist.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just my 2 pennarth worth, I've seen the video where they supposedly finished him off, and also footage (clear) of his body, if he had been hit by a hail of bullets there ain't much blood, just sayin..............

Agree, obviously lousey shots (no surprise there). It's also why I suspect that the 2 hostages might have been caught by friendly fire.

Edited by DannyCarlton

9 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I've seen a video of it. Line of guys laid alongside each other with assault rifles. They all let loose together and empty their clips.

And you see bullets hitting him, him falling over dead and them checking for a pulse? 

The video you mention seems to be from above but he seems to have died in a confined, closed in room, were they shooting him from up above outside? If we are thinking of the same video where they are laying down on their stomachs near some desks and things. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just my 2 pennarth worth, I've seen the video where they supposedly finished him off, and also footage (clear) of his body, if he had been hit by a hail of bullets there ain't much blood, just sayin..............

Exactly why I think he killed himself. Seems to be one entry wound in his head from something smaller than what they were firing at him. 

I think he killed himself with a pistol before or as they breached the room 

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Agree, obviously lousey shots (no surprise there). It's also why I suspect that the 2 hostages might have been caught by friendly fire.

I just watched the two videos one after the other. They don't even look like they are from the same area. He died in a kitchen. The video of the volley of gunfire seems to be coming from a large room in the open. 

It was confirmed he was killed in the kitchen and you see them open that door with the dead woman in the large refrigerated room not far from his body. That seems like a pretty closed off and confined area, granted I've never been down there. It's unlikely they shot him through the wall, and also unlikely the kitchen is wide open to the rest of the area. 

If they had sniped him from some other area with a single round ok, but you hear like 60 shots in that video and there's no spent shell casings around his dead body meaning I don't think the majority were from him. I don't that video is accurate to when he was killed. Could have been before. 

Missing details? 

Edited by Nakmuay887
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Buddhism was lost long, long ago.

True statement.  Buddhism has to be the least understood and practiced religion by it's faithful of any religion.  And that's saying a lot.  Today it's all about buying a lucky naga egg with a piece of glass in it that'll tell you what numbers to pick in the lottery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, balo said:

RIP to all the victims.  

Thailand need to change their weapon laws after this horrible killing spree.   A soldier have access to advanced weapons and ammo and nobody cares?  Someone is responsible, do the right thing Thailand to prevent this from happening again. . 

He killed everyone at the armory in order to get the weapons.

37 minutes ago, Nakmuay887 said:

Exactly why I think he killed himself. Seems to be one entry wound in his head from something smaller than what they were firing at him. 

I think he killed himself with a pistol before or as they breached the room 

Exactly. From the video it looks like he was boxed in and shot himself in the head.

I wouldn't be surprised if the official story is fabricated to make the authorities look more competent.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Exactly. From the video it looks like he was boxed in and shot himself in the head.

I wouldn't be surprised if the official story is fabricated to make the authorities look more competent.

As soon as I saw the picture of him dead that was my first thought. He didn't die in a blaze of glory getting shot 20x like some people think. He killed himself before or as they got to him. 

45 minutes ago, elektrified said:

He killed everyone at the armory in order to get the weapons.

This in itself raises questions as ammo isn't supposed to be anywhere near an armoury for obvious reasons.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Assumptions and speculation are all we have at the moment.  Maybe some traces of the truth will surface........one-day.

Fd up coward slaughtered a bunch of innocents.  That's all we need to know.  Don't need to explore his justification or attribute any excuse to him.

• Like 1