How do I verify my Thai Tax ID

Dear members,

I am a bit puzzled with my Income tax return filling experience with a fear that someone possibly be using my tax ID.

1. When I started working in Thailand 2008, I had the 10 digit Tax ID no. I have a ID card with the no.
  2. Later I got the 13 digit no. from the Revenue department (when their system was upgraded). I have the new 13 digit ID no. from them but a new ID card was not issued with this no. from Revenue Department. I was asked to start using the new ID no. There is no need to issue a new ID card. 

Now, when I logged on to official online portal for return filling for last financial year, I see that there is already a return filled by someone with my tax ID, same name as mine, but a different address and certainly different figures.

Now, my first query is: Where do I verify my tax ID to ensure it has all my details - such as date of birth or address. I mean is there any govt website that allows to enter the tax ID and confirm the holder's details?

Secondly, anybody has ever gone through this kind of situation. Please guide.

Thank you.

The best way is to go to the Revenue Department in person.

It's possible that somebody has got the same, or a similar name.

But this person wouldn't have the same number if it's issued in a different province.

Please see website, might be a great idea to get in touch with them if you can't go there now for whatever reason. 

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/30115.0.html

• Thanks 1

Immediately take last years return information to the Revenue Office you filed at and get clarification. This could be like happened to me where someone (still unknown) used my information but different address and got my refund check. The new process eliminating checks help reduce fraud but best to check with the Revenue Office. 

Edited by asiaexpat
more info
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned go to the tax office with your passport and other related papers.

Also i think they dont do payback anymore if you fill your tax via online. It happened to me 2 times. They send me a text to my phone and told me to contact office before the 5th of friday. Although it was the 5th of friday they send me the text so.. nothing to do. 

This year im not doing it online anymore. Someone will do it for us in my company at the tax office in BKK.

• Thanks 1