UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Anybody that doesn't agree with me is stupid, how many times have we heard that from the losers?

So despite all the evidence Brexiteers still believe the Rapture will soon be upon us.

Utterly delusional. Rather than facing facts you are all now groping around for someone or something to blame for the consequences of your own actions.

Get on with it.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK voted to leave. The EU did not throw us out. The EU's position has remained the same. The UK has stumbled around trying to get some deal because no-one defined what Brexit would actually mean. It was all vague promises and lies. Yes it takes two to Tango. The problem is one of the partners has flounced out of the ballroom because they think they are too special to dance with anyone else.

This is entire shambles is fully the responsibility of the people who voted for Brexit. So job loses on both sides of the channel are the fault of Brexiteers. Nothing to do with remainers.

You keep saying the EUs position remains the same, well that just goes to show how apathetic they are. Parliament changed two months ago, we don't have to dance to the EUs tune anymore, parliament is strong, gone are the changeling MPs.

Yes one of the partners have left the dance floor because they are sick of dancing with people that only has two left feet, they are looking for a partner who can waltz, they are sick of the twist.

The EU needs to stop dictating before any progress can be made, if Barnier is incapable of running the show, maybe they should get a negotiator with less arrogance and who is more capable of being civil, remember all the snide remarks coming from Barnier and Verhofstadt, maybe it is payback time, karma can be a cruel mistress.

Edited by vogie

41 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes and he was right.

Are you saying we are staying in the single market and customs union?

28 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I think you are seriously confused.

I suggest you go back and read my posts again.

No confusion from my side you clearly posted "Are you saying we are staying in the single market and customs union?"

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The UK voted to leave. The EU did not throw us out. The EU's position has remained the same. The UK has stumbled around trying to get some deal because no-one defined what Brexit would actually mean. It was all vague promises and lies. Yes it takes two to Tango. The problem is one of the partners has flounced out of the ballroom because they think they are too special to dance with anyone else.

This is entire shambles is fully the responsibility of the people who voted for Brexit. So job loses on both sides of the channel are the fault of Brexiteers. Nothing to do with remainers.

No get out of jail card for Remainers, Their MP's could  have voted for May weak soft brexit last year instead they were to busy trying to overturn the  2016 EU referendum with cancel brexit or another people's referendum

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You do see the question mark at the end of my sentence aye?

Yes and I replied

Bizarre Post are you not aware that the UK has already left the EU and and at the end of the year will leave the single market and customs union

I was on  St Kilda in Scotland a few years ago the people who lived on the island in the 1900's used to put messages in a bottle in order to communicate with the Scottish mainland , I thought the communications system in Scotland had improved over the past 120 years Maybe not

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

You keep saying the EUs position remains the same, well that just goes to show how apathetic they are. Parliament changed two months ago, we don't have to dance to the EUs tune anymore, parliament is strong, gone are the changeling MPs.

Yes one of the partners have left the dance floor because they are sick of dancing with people that only has two left feet, they are looking for a partner who can waltz, they are sick of the twist.

The EU needs to stop dictating before any progress can be made, if Barnier is incapable of running the show, maybe they should get a negotiator with less arrogance and who is more capable of being civil, remember all the snide remarks coming from Barnier and Verhofstadt, maybe it is payback time, karma can be a cruel mistress.

What so just because Johnson won the general election the EU should cave in to his demands?

You really over estimate the importance of both the UK and Johnson.

Malta has more influence over the EU's position than Johnson does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes and I replied

Bizarre Post are you not aware that the UK has already left the EU and and at the end of the year will leave the single market and customs union

I was on  St Kilda in Scotland a few years ago the people who lived on the island in the 1900's used to put messages in a bottle in order to communicate with the Scottish mainland , I thought the communications system in Scotland had improved over the past 120 years Maybe not

Yes you replied with a bizarre post.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

What so just because Johnson won the general election the EU should cave in to his demands?

You really over estimate the importance of both the UK and Johnson.

Malta has more influence over the EU's position than Johnson does. 

I don't think anybody is bothered anymore what the EU thinks, if they want a deal, let them be heard, but non of this dictating nonsense, it won't work with Boris like it did May.

The difference is that Boris and his team are running parliament, as opposed to parliament running T May.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, vogie said:

nobody is impressed in Europe about his majority  I wonder why.  <snip>

Well Tony Blair had a big majority, but he was fighting a sitting PM with experience  - John Major - so it was an achievement.

It is a well established historical fact (Like it or not) that the further to the left the Labour Party goes the bigger the Tory majority. Furthermore, in this particular case Boris was fighting the most unpopular party leader in the past 80 years (From all the polls I have read). Vast numbers of voters told Labour canvassers that Corbyn was the reason that they couldn't vote Labour (Like it or not). Boris hadn't got the stones to face Andrew Neil, but Cummings knew that the less of Boris everyone saw, the better the result for the Party would be. 

That is why nobody who follows politics - in the UK or Europe is impressed by his majority. In normal circumstances people don't generally vote for lying fat boy toffscum buffoons.

It never ceases to amaze me just how thick Boris is. Plenty of grandiose ideas, plenty of grandstanding, but (As his staff said in the Council and the FO) no grasp of detail. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

I don't think anybody is bothered anymore what the EU thinks, if they want a deal, let them be heard, but non of this dictating nonsense, it won't work with Boris like it did May.

The difference is that Boris and his team are running parliament, as opposed to parliament running T May.

It has not mattered at all to the EU as to who was in charge of the UK. 

Johnson is not the messiah you all hoped he would be. The EU is not going to be moved from the position it has held since this entire act of self harm began.

So we are heading for a no deal Brexit.

Which is fine because thats what Brexiteers voted for.

Get on with it.

16 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe you should apply for the job of Prime Minister. Which one would it be Thailand or Australia with your superior knowledge of economics.

I am sure that each country can't wait to snap you up.

Neither option would be as entertaining as watching you blokes at it. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Well Tony Blair had a big majority, but he was fighting a sitting PM with experience  - John Major - so it was an achievement.

It is a well established historical fact (Like it or not) that the further to the left the Labour Party goes the bigger the Tory majority. Furthermore, in this particular case Boris was fighting the most unpopular party leader in the past 80 years (From all the polls I have read). Vast numbers of voters told Labour canvassers that Corbyn was the reason that they couldn't vote Labour (Like it or not). Boris hadn't got the stones to face Andrew Neil, but Cummings knew that the less of Boris everyone saw, the better the result for the Party would be. 

That is why nobody who follows politics - in the UK or Europe is impressed by his majority. In normal circumstances people don't generally vote for lying fat boy toffscum buffoons.

It never ceases to amaze me just how thick Boris is. Plenty of grandiose ideas, plenty of grandstanding, but (As his staff said in the Council and the FO) no grasp of detail. 

Nobody is arguing that Labour are a total washout, when Corbyn was elected there were just but a few of Labour MPs that would work with him, preferring the back benches to sharing Corbyns twisted mind. Labours choice of leader in Corbyn, was solely down to the trade unions and its members, nothing at all to with the Tories. All the Tories did was to cash in on the incompetance that was displayed in Corbyns cabinet. Have they learned, doesn't look like it, still a lot of in fighting going on in the Labour leadership race, it looks like Labour will be in the wilderness for a long time to come.

Let's be honest here, Andrew Neil could make any politician look foolish should he wish to, he certainly made Corbyn look so and Jo Swinson, why would any sensible politician want to be interviewed by Neil is anyones guess, another tick for Cummings I would have thought.

You do come across as a very educated person, so why you have to slur someone with "lying fat boy toffscum buffoons." is anyones guess. You can do so much better, can't you?

As for Boris being thick, I will give that the contempt it truly deserves.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It has not mattered at all to the EU as to who was in charge of the UK. 

Johnson is not the messiah you all hoped he would be. The EU is not going to be moved from the position it has held since this entire act of self harm began.

So we are heading for a no deal Brexit.

Which is fine because thats what Brexiteers voted for.

Get on with it.

Going around in circles now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Ambiguous is the wrong word, it is a straight forward statement, did you mean incorrect possibly? 

No it was a sweeping statement with no credible back up. If there was you would have provided one here.

5 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Yes I have opinions and I express them - You have opinions and you express them - so what.

So that supports my argument above.

6 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Can you back that up with facts"...........please read my post again where I gave a reasoned argument, including facts, as too why the majority was large

Howe can you give a reasoned argument with ambiguous sweeping statements like this.

"That is why nobody who follows politics - in the UK or Europe is impressed by his majority". Nothing reasoned about this at all or even an argument. it is a statement.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes , he is sole ruler on U.K. soil …..but a few miles out of the cliffs of Dover his ruling ….stops !…..frustrating it must be for all the Boris troopers here  :cool:, nothing changed on E.U. side  ...:biggrin: