UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

2 hours ago, david555 said:

If all this is true …., then why in heaven's name you where 3 years+ dragging your feet on negotiations table …… oh ….yes.., you thought could get for free all the benefits you had ….and just waited to E.U. "go roll over" ….. bad gambling I would say !

3 years+ due to a dithering remain-biased government - simples

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

3 years+ due to a dithering remain-biased government - simples

on both side you mean I think

E.U. told from beginning their stance , never changed …. 

U.K. never walked away , kept trying ….

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

1. With who? Take Thailand for example. Look at the import tariffs for Western goods coming in here. You think countries around the world are going to roll over just because of English exceptionalism? Not going to happen. When it comes to negotiations with the bigger countries and trading blocks you are on a hiding to nothing. They will dictate the terms. The UK is simply NOT as important as you guys think it is.

2.OK so now you want the UK to be flooded with cheap goods. I imagine this will be wonderful news to farmers and domestic manufacturers. They will not be able to compete with that. We would need to put huge tariffs on that stuff coming in so as to protect our own products and of course jobs.

3. So immigration levels are going to remain the same we will just need to get people from other countries rather than the EU. The reason we need to get those people is because Brits will not do those jobs. India for example has already said any trade deal with them will require ease of movement between India and the UK. Taking back control eh?

4. Scotland does not need your permission. Scotland entered the union on a voluntary basis. We can leave the same way. We want to make our laws for the benefit of Scotland. We are not Englands possession. You guys have screwed the pooch with this Brexit nonsense and you are not going to take us down with you. Now I know you all worry that when Scotland leaves it will beggar what is left of the UK but guess what? It's what you voted for.

You wish to remain in denial about how bad things are really going to get because of Brexit but reality is heading your way.

Much of which was rhubarbed during Question time last night....which came fae ????????????????????????????!

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

1. With who? Take Thailand for example. Look at the import tariffs for Western goods coming in here. You think countries around the world are going to roll over just because of English exceptionalism? Not going to happen. When it comes to negotiations with the bigger countries and trading blocks you are on a hiding to nothing. They will dictate the terms. The UK is simply NOT as important as you guys think it is.

2.OK so now you want the UK to be flooded with cheap goods. I imagine this will be wonderful news to farmers and domestic manufacturers. They will not be able to compete with that. We would need to put huge tariffs on that stuff coming in so as to protect our own products and of course jobs.

3. So immigration levels are going to remain the same we will just need to get people from other countries rather than the EU. The reason we need to get those people is because Brits will not do those jobs. India for example has already said any trade deal with them will require ease of movement between India and the UK. Taking back control eh?

4. Scotland does not need your permission. Scotland entered the union on a voluntary basis. We can leave the same way. We want to make our laws for the benefit of Scotland. We are not Englands possession. You guys have screwed the pooch with this Brexit nonsense and you are not going to take us down with you. Now I know you all worry that when Scotland leaves it will beggar what is left of the UK but guess what? It's what you voted for.

You wish to remain in denial about how bad things are really going to get because of Brexit but reality is heading your way.

You hit the nail 100% by this , all candidates shall like some free access for their subjects , nothing for free in any trade deal ….. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

Different ball game now, new kid on the block, 4 leaver MPs fill the top jobs in the government. The new chancellor Risha Sunak told Sky news that the UK government would like a Canadian style deal, but it is not a problem "we don't need an EU deal"

The EU are not interested in negotiation, they are more interested in dictating, can't possibly work if they don't change their tune. Barniers and Verhofstadts arrogance might have worked with Mrs May, but it sure ain't gonna work with Boris and his 80 seat majority.

New kid in the block …. yes so new handling from E.U. too.....lol 

Some of the 4 musketeers here called Boris an "attacker" different than soft May ….. so how do you treat an attacker ?….. correct.... you handle him as an "attacker" ...

So no soft approach anymore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

You hit the nail 100% by this , all candidates shall like some free access for their subjects , nothing for free in any trade deal ….. 

So when the remain camp was banging on about keeping the single market, customs union and free trade your now saying they were lying as free trade deals don't exist

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So when the remain camp was banging on about keeping the single market, customs union and free trade your now saying they were lying as free trade deals don't exist

meaning something for something …… so now brexiteers go hide behind remainers back ….. yeah not much leftover   isn't ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, vogie said:

Different ball game now, new kid on the block, 4 leaver MPs fill the top jobs in the government. The new chancellor Risha Sunak told Sky news that the UK government would like a Canadian style deal, but it is not a problem "we don't need an EU deal"

The EU are not interested in negotiation, they are more interested in dictating, can't possibly work if they don't change their tune. Barniers and Verhofstadts arrogance might have worked with Mrs May, but it sure ain't gonna work with Boris and his 80 seat majority.

The EU have maintained the same position ever since the result of the referendum came in.

It was May who tried to dictate what parts of the EU she wanted to keep and what parts she did not.

The EU told her no chance. She eventually put forward a deal which no-one liked.

Johnson can sit there and bluster all he wants but the EU's position is still the same. What has changed is that we now have a PM who is stupid enough to drag us out of the EU with NO deal. The governments own risk assessments show no deal will be a disaster for the UK.

But this is what you guys voted for. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

meaning something for something …… so now brexiteers go hide behind remainers back ….. yeah not much leftover   isn't ?

Free trade deal is I sell you apples at market prices and you sell me oranges at market prices fair for everyone now if I add a condition of the trade that I sleep with you wife that would be considered unfair

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So staying inside the EU there never was any free trade deals

Clearly you haven't watched the Cameron videos when he states 27 times if you vote leave the UK will leave the EU, the single market and the customs union.

Yes and he was right.

Are you saying we are staying in the single market and customs union?

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

The EU have maintained the same position ever since the result of the referendum came in.

It was May who tried to dictate what parts of the EU she wanted to keep and what parts she did not.

The EU told her no chance. She eventually put forward a deal which no-one liked.

Johnson can sit there and bluster all he wants but the EU's position is still the same. What has changed is that we now have a PM who is stupid enough to drag us out of the EU with NO deal. The governments own risk assessments show no deal will be a disaster for the UK.

Don't forget 1,018,322 people in Scotland also voted for Leave

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Free trade deal is I sell you apples at market prices and you sell me oranges at market prices fair for everyone now if I add a condition of the trade that I sleep with you wife that would be considered unfair

Simple said …. if not accepting the counterpart rules …. there can not be a deal …. and that count in opposite direction too 

hence I think 3+ years are a lost of time …. no deal is possible between Boris and E.U...…... stalemate  !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes and he was right.

Are you saying we are staying in the single market and customs union?

Bizarre Post are you not aware that the UK has already left the EU and and at the end of the year will leave the single market and customs union

I was on  St Kilda in Scotland a few years ago the people who lived on the island in the 1900's used to put messages in a bottle in order to communicate with the Scottish mainland , I thought the communications system in Scotland had improved over the past 120 years Maybe not

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

May has gone now, we are left with Boris and his massive majority and all of his troops are loyal to him. That is a huge game changer in anybodies books.

And from where I am sitting Boris appears to be blusterless. You say that the EUs position is the same, well that position won't help the soon to be unenployed on both sides of the channel, but it is all one sided to remainers, they cannot see sometimes that it takes two to tango.

Just now, vinny41 said:

Bizarre Post are you not aware that the UK has already left the EU and and at the end of the year will leave the single market and customs union

I was on  St Kilda in Scotland a few years ago the people who lived on the island in the 1900's used to put messages in a bottle in order to communicate with the Scottish mainland , I thought the communications system in Scotland had improved over the past 120 years Maybe not

oh dear you go to the basement level ….. must be because you are winning ….? LOL

If Boris should have balls..., he should blow up transition and go make his deals ….but ….no way 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I think you are seriously confused.

I suggest you go back and read my posts again.

Just now, vogie said:

May has gone now, we are left with Boris and his massive majority and all of his troops are loyal to him. That is a huge game changer in anybodies books.

And from where I am sitting Boris appears to be blusterless. You say that the EUs position is the same, well that position won't help the soon to be unenployed on both sides of the channel, but it is all one sided to remainers, they cannot see sometimes that it takes two to tango.

A pitty that only counts on England's soil ….. nobody is impressed in Europe about his majority , it only go give your own a giant headache in future …. you can see his moves already as dictator 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

A pitty that only counts on England's soil ….. nobody is impressed in Europe about his majority , it only go give your own a giant headache in future …. you can see his moves already as dictator 

nobody is impressed in Europe about his majority  I wonder why. ????????????????????????