UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

2 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Ho Ho, revenge is it! 

It is simply the level playing field approach. 

You can see the Costa Mucha full of UK pensioners who try to create their little England in the sun, with their English pub, whist drives, bowls, fish and chips etc etc. Absolutely no attempt to interact with the locals, appreciate their special culture and history, or heaven forbid learn their language. The cream of English society expiring in the sun with little hint of residual cranial activity!

The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit are finding that their health insurance will no longer be valid EU wide. Oh to be a fly on the wall and watch them - with faces like thunder - searching for a run down flat in Slough when they are forced to come home to get attention for the old boys dicky heart.

I shouldn't laugh, fundamentally it is just sad and pathetic. 

And as they are not productive anymore to the grandmaster Boris economy …. there is little attention for them , and almost forgotten

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not denying any of this …. just saying if one is difficult he meet difficulty  , each to their own rights....see it as a courtesy to English language …. whoever is meant not to become  a  domination from & on non U.K. territory's

This courtesy to accepting English language  became more credit to the USA who spread it worldwide in a enjoyable friendly matter not in forcing  way

I haven't met a single European that was forced to learn English, I did meet some Germans in the late 80" and they were paying for additional tuition for their children to learn more than the German states schools were offering

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Ho Ho, revenge is it! 

It is simply the level playing field approach. 

You can see the Costa Mucha full of UK pensioners who try to create their little England in the sun, with their English pub, whist drives, bowls, fish and chips etc etc. Absolutely no attempt to interact with the locals, appreciate their special culture and history, or heaven forbid learn their language. The cream of English society expiring in the sun with little hint of residual cranial activity!

The ultimate irony is that those who voted Brexit are finding that their health insurance will no longer be valid EU wide. Oh to be a fly on the wall and watch them - with faces like thunder - searching for a run down flat in Slough when they are forced to come home to get attention for the old boys dicky heart.

I shouldn't laugh, fundamentally it is just sad and pathetic. 

You need to expand your horizons more I have seen many places where they try to recreate their little Scotland,Wales and Ireland

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

I haven't met a single European that was forced to learn English, I did meet some Germans in the late 80" and they were paying for additional tuition for their children to learn more than the German states schools were offering

Where in my post is anything from" forcing learning English" ….. coloring something at convenience ?  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

Not denying any of this …. just saying if one is difficult he meet difficulty  , each to their own rights....see it as a courtesy to English language …. whoever is meant not to become  a  domination from & on non U.K. territory's

This courtesy to accepting English language  became more credit to the USA who spread it worldwide in a enjoyable friendly matter not in forcing  way

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Where in my post is anything from" forcing learning English" ….. coloring something at convenience ?  

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

You are right , I did not realize I wrote it in that way , so I excuse myself  to you..., the only thing I would like to express is in a long phrasing this :

Those "colonists" who throw you out of America ,have even bypassed you on world stage , by media , cinema & coca cola  lol , so the almost whole world was happy & eager to speak as much of American English they could catch , and become the most popular Nationality on Earth for a big time …. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

You are right , I did not realize I wrote it in that way , so I excuse myself  to you..., the only thing I would like to express is in a long phrasing this :

Those "colonists" who throw you out of America ,have even bypassed you on world stage , by media , cinema & coca cola  lol , so the almost whole world was happy & eager to speak as much of American English they could catch , and become the most popular Nationality on Earth for a big time …. 

Are you really sure There are many Anti Trump threads/posts on this forum that clearly indicate that is not the case

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Monomial said:

Does anyone find all this posturing incredibly entertaining?

We all know business is going to demand some kind of accomodation be reached, and business won't care one iota about the political BS that is currently being blustered about. The UK is still a fertile market for selling goods, and nobody is just going to say "Oh well. There went that market I spent a decade building."  Similarly, the UK has the deepest financial markets in the world and offers most of the world's reinsurance policies. I don't care what political threats people are throwing around...you can't simply reproduce that inside the EU in a short period of time. Businesses will find a way to continue using the London financial and insurance markets, even if they have to adjust their business structure to accomodate it.

This political bluster is all just noise by swamp creatures and doesn't really matter. A deal will be agreed, becuase a hard WTO departure is unthinkable to a very large number of very wealthy individuals. And in the end, those individuals that demand a deal will not care about the political union the EU is trying to enforce. They just care about the bottom line.

The deal will likely be some kind of WTO++, with the caveat that the "++" will encompass all the things that really matter.  This way, the EU can say "see, they lost general access to our big market" and the UK can say "see, we didn't give up our sovereignty." But the idea that the UK will not be an independent country following their own rules yet continuing to trade closely with Europe is laughable. It simply can't happen in reality. Business won't accept that, and they don't care about political ambitions.

Wait and see. Boris said fock business in the past.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Are you really sure There are many Anti Trump threads/posts on this forum that clearly indicate that is not the case

Hello , I am not a teenager now , I am talking out of my experience from very young boy , not present times .

Secondly ,not finding Trump always right in his doings , but be honest they never respected the outcome from the voting and never respecting him as Mr President because the sceaming of miss "deplorable" Hillary Clinton  , a bad looser herself ,and so by all this subversive democrats actions frustrating him , short said trying to drive him crazy …..

More I don't enter the pro  Trump or anti Trump arena , they never gave him chance to be a common Mr president

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But the UK does not want to remain in the Single Market and Customs Union. The UK is looking for a Free trade Agreement. I think you have some catching up to do. 

Well you know by now the conditions for such a free trade agreement …. up to the U.K.

Did you do your catching up …. I think so...., but don't like the price  I guess  

Edited by david555

14 hours ago, david555 said:

scared  is not the word ....

But not accepting ruining correct settings of quality and workers rights as a third country desperate to maintain themself as a loner ....????

What evidence do you have that the UK would implement worse workers rights than EU countries? In several areas the UK has better workers rights than other EU countries. 

No, I think it clearly comes down to fear of the UK's potential outside the EU. If the EU is so incredible ask yourself why it fears an independent UK as a competitor. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I will howl with laughter if all those UK migrants who retired to Spain get royally screwed over by the Brexit.

No more free health care. A pound in freefall. Forced to learn the local language. 

But its what they voted for.

you mean person 555......555

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What evidence do you have that the UK would implement worse workers rights than EU countries? In several areas the UK has better workers rights than other EU countries. 

No, I think it clearly comes down to fear of the UK's potential outside the EU. If the EU is so incredible ask yourself why it fears an independent UK as a competitor. 

Rephrased it :

"why it fears "not like" such a independent UK as a competitor."    5555! 

Edited by david555

9 minutes ago, paddypower said:

You cant trust any of these pols..During his campaign, and since then, Boris has been saying there will be absolutely no border controls in NI.

No he is going to put the border control down the Irish sea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, david555 said:

You forget one important thing …..they ae E.U. nationals member from the 27  , so those rules I talk about counts only for 3Th country's ….. you seem still hoping to get the same benefits of the club while being no more a member …..WAKE UP !

You are out remember ...

Again you are seeking discriminatory treatment for the British - out of spite I presume. The UK is not the only 3rd country. Would you apply your rule to an American, or a Japanese person? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Of course they do, all countries in a trade agreement with the EU must follow the rules of that agreement. Trade agreements are exactly that, an agreement to do things in a certain way, the closer the alignment between the 2 entities, the lower the tariffs. The UK can kick alignment into touch and pay the price, not a problem if you are not on a budget. Of course the UK can always sell a few visas for cheaper goods.

Every trade deal has an agreed dispute resolution built in, no one is forced to abide by anything. The EU Canada agreement had a reformed dispute settlement drawn up as the EU no longer wished to use ISDS. The US tried to insist on ISDS, the EU refused and trade talks were abandoned.

Make no mistake, ISDS will be the vehicle that carries away the UK pharmaceutical industry.

The EU are proposing that the UK remains tied to EU regulations on all it's trade (EU or non-EU). And they are proposing the ECJ would be the sole arbitrator. This is not how it works with Canada. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its not really important for pensioners to be able to speak the language of where they live 

It is helpful for them if they can, however nowadays with the advent of smart phones and apps for translation it is not so necessary.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The EU are proposing that the UK remains tied to EU regulations on all it's trade (EU or non-EU). And they are proposing the ECJ would be the sole arbitrator. This is not how it works with Canada. 

but this is the UK and not Canada, thus can't be the same as Canada was Never a EU member

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

yeahhh and the pope is catholic..... they want the benefits of playing in the club house without paying the membership fee.... dream on

I think you are referring to "The Friends of Cohesion" who always take out more than they ever put in" or as an EU diplomat is quoted as saying  “And now we are fighting like ferrets in a sack,”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/16/stressed-heads-to-start-brussels-budget-talks-post-brexit?fbclid=IwAR306q_vw2y1TLc2NzW1FQbUtGnhfR0uObB2t4es3Jtj4tWOpXW0X1dJKYw

If you always take out more than you put in that is the same as getting the benefits of playing in the club house without paying the membership fee

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Again you are seeking discriminatory treatment for the British - out of spite I presume. The UK is not the only 3rd country. Would you apply your rule to an American, or a Japanese person? 

That is dependable from their negotiations …. do you have the transcripts about what they in detail agreed amongst them …?

Are You American or Japanese..? No , you are a new 3th country asking for a free trade deal and you are noticed the requirements … that' it

Other deals are available to but none fits the gentleman's  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

dunno which, funny - strange - tragic,

that people here are still busy counting votes and calculating percentages following

the voting that Cameron arranged some years ago

They would be the Remainers who cannot accept any result other than a Remainer win, and they never will.

So anti democratic of them. You cannot change history, but if you are smart you can learn from history.

Edited by billd766
edited for bad spelling after I had posted, again.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Canada lies on another continent , as you can not deny The U.K. lying far away from Europe ….so you see the difference and as close trade should be involved at U.K. request  it is a matter for ECJ .

Cant abandon trying  cherry picking hopeless , want work !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its the UK which is proposing to keep people out of the UK based on language. All the EU might do is reciprocate against the UK.

To my knowledge the USA and Japan are not proposing this rule so why would the EU need to impose it on them?

Ah the Calimero Brexiteers at their finest.

27f07e612c7c159da5c8407a577d74f2.jpg

???? At the end it will be that they say we E.U. forced them out …., we have not seen the last of their lines yet ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1