UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

Listen  , I thanked you for ….whatever in 45 years being the troublesome sticky handbrake to be , together with Nigel "Blackadder" Farage … but this is end of MY negotiations (and polite goodby ???? lol )...., you are out and after 31 Dec.2020 a full non transition 3 th country.

That's it , no further expectations I have , so please be not disappointed and expect also nothing more than is offered 3+ years , as it was your U.K. choice ...at least for 52%  enjoy it , carry that cross with courage . ????

Why thank you, you are very magnaminous in defeat, a tout a l'heure.????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Have at least basic proficiency in German

To be able to live in Germany, you will need to know German. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has three levels of language proficiency, A, B and C. Each one has two parts. So the language proficiency is divided in A1/A2 or basic, B1/B2 or proficient in the language, and C1/C2 or advanced language skills. To be allowed to immigrate in Germany, you will need to enter the exams and pass them up to either A1 or B1. If you want to get a permanent residence, you will need a higher proficiency of C1 or C2.

https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/immigration-germany/

From several documentaries, I get the impression that these rules are not applied with total strictness.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Have at least basic proficiency in German

To be able to live in Germany, you will need to know German. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has three levels of language proficiency, A, B and C. Each one has two parts. So the language proficiency is divided in A1/A2 or basic, B1/B2 or proficient in the language, and C1/C2 or advanced language skills. To be allowed to immigrate in Germany, you will need to enter the exams and pass them up to either A1 or B1. If you want to get a permanent residence, you will need a higher proficiency of C1 or C2.

https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/immigration-germany/

So all those refugees you Brexiteers are terrified are going to move from Germany to the UK can all speak German aye?

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

From several documentaries, I get the impression that these rules are not applied with total strictness.

There new laws coming in March 2020

The Skilled Workers’ Immigration Act will enter into force on March 1, 2020

. The Law of 2020 sets language proficiency requirements for skilled foreign workers at the B1/B2 level.

https://legal-dialogue.org/is-germany-inviting-new-labor-migrants

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Most of the retired immigrants to Spain and Portugal voted for Brexit did they? Any proof? In fact expats who had lived abroad 15 years or more weren't even able to vote in the referendum. 

In any case, as I said, rejoicing in the suffering of elderly expats (whichever way they voted) says a lot about your mindset. 

They were never off the TV. Interviewed by Sky and the BBC. All of them looking like boiled lobsters sitting in an English themed pub in Spain shouting about "taking back control".

No sympathy at all from me for all those gammons.

31 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I'm sure you do your best, Bill.

But I don't like the rejoiner tone the most - it is getting as insulting as the embryonic remainer tone way back in....when was it now... 2016 I think??

As usual. Nothing to add to the thread but insults.

You won.

Now deal with the consequences.

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Meet the Scottish nationalists who voted Leave

It also forsakes the history of the SNP, which was, historically, Eurosceptic. Indeed, over a third of SNP voters still back leaving the EU.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/12/09/meet-the-scottish-nationalists-who-voted-leave/

Spiked?

Just cut to the chase and start quoting Scotland in Union ROFL.

8 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Here some more 

'There's logical inconsistency in the remain position if you support Scottish independence'

https://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/view-scotland-meet-minority-voted-brexit-190213160659170.html

Yes I often base my opinions about whats going on in Scotland based on an Arabic channel ROFL.

And from the source you quoted ....

Fraser: "I voted for Brexit because I've always been against us joining the EU, way back to when we joined [the then-European Economic Community in 1973]. I had enough foresight to see that we were leading to a 'United States of Europe'. And I didn't want to be part of that. I thought we were big enough and powerful enough to do our own thing. 

"However, we're over two years down the line and I feel it's going to affect the British economy something awful. So, if there was another vote today, I'd vote the other way - I'd vote to 'remain'."

Lesley: "I was totally confused at the time of the Brexit debate - but then I decided to vote to leave. But it was such a shock in the morning when I saw the result - and how close it was.

"Today, I'm totally fed up with the whole thing - it's just Brexit, Brexit, Brexit. It gets you down and they've forgotten about the rest of the country, which is falling apart. If there was another vote, I'd change my mind - it's not going to do us any good, and it's the young people it's going to affect."

????????????

Edited by Rookiescot

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes I often base my opinions about whats going on in Scotland based on an Arabic channel ROFL.

And from the source you quoted ....

Fraser: "I voted for Brexit because I've always been against us joining the EU, way back to when we joined [the then-European Economic Community in 1973]. I had enough foresight to see that we were leading to a 'United States of Europe'. And I didn't want to be part of that. I thought we were big enough and powerful enough to do our own thing. 

"However, we're over two years down the line and I feel it's going to affect the British economy something awful. So, if there was another vote today, I'd vote the other way - I'd vote to 'remain'."

Lesley: "I was totally confused at the time of the Brexit debate - but then I decided to vote to leave. But it was such a shock in the morning when I saw the result - and how close it was.

"Today, I'm totally fed up with the whole thing - it's just Brexit, Brexit, Brexit. It gets you down and they've forgotten about the rest of the country, which is falling apart. If there was another vote, I'd change my mind - it's not going to do us any good, and it's the young people it's going to affect."

????????????

And out of 7 people only I had changed their position Here one of the other 6 people thoughts who haven't changed their position

"My primary reason for voting to leave was my belief in sovereignty. My number one issue was the fact that the EU was becoming more and more autocratic. And I don't think it's the right way to go. Even though the European Union started as a trading group, it's moving more and more towards something like the 'United States of Europe'. I'm very much against ever-closer integration and a federated 'United States of Europe'.

"There's a bit of logical inconsistency in the remain position in Scotland if you support Scottish independence. If you believe it will be difficult and damaging to remove yourself from an EU union that is just decades-old then you'd have to accept that removing yourself from the UK union that is over 300 years old would be catastrophically damaging."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And out of 7 people only I had changed their position Here one of the other 6 people thoughts who haven't changed their position

"My primary reason for voting to leave was my belief in sovereignty. My number one issue was the fact that the EU was becoming more and more autocratic. And I don't think it's the right way to go. Even though the European Union started as a trading group, it's moving more and more towards something like the 'United States of Europe'. I'm very much against ever-closer integration and a federated 'United States of Europe'.

"There's a bit of logical inconsistency in the remain position in Scotland if you support Scottish independence. If you believe it will be difficult and damaging to remove yourself from an EU union that is just decades-old then you'd have to accept that removing yourself from the UK union that is over 300 years old would be catastrophically damaging."

62% voted to remain.

And do those words quoted by you sound like an independence supporter or a unionist? 

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Most of the retired immigrants to Spain and Portugal voted for Brexit did they? Any proof? In fact expats who had lived abroad 15 years or more weren't even able to vote in the referendum. 

In any case, as I said, rejoicing in the suffering of elderly expats (whichever way they voted) says a lot about your mindset. 

Not all, but certainly some were morons who thought the immigration rules would only apply to the pesky EU foreigners, who wanted to move and live in England. 

I hope they have by now learned their lessons, but I don't count on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

It is and the same applies to 52% against 48% but it must rankle you that 1,018,322  of your fellow Scots voted to leave

Some of whom and you linked to a source stating this have changed their minds. 

But thats water under the bridge (no chance it will ever get built).

You guys won.

Now accept that and get on with it.

Stop trying to blame everyone and everything for Brexit being a disaster because you all knew what you were voting for and this is it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I will howl with laughter if all those UK migrants who retired to Spain get royally screwed over by the Brexit.

No more free health care. A pound in freefall. Forced to learn the local language. 

But its what they voted for.

I do believe that Spain announced that everything would remain the same and nothing will change for the current UK retirees in Spain after Brexit 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I do believe that Spain announced that everything would remain the same and nothing will change for the current UK retirees in Spain after Brexit 

No they said it would remain the same until Brexit was completed.

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "The New Thai Visa requirements will (Quite reasonably on this basis) require all retirees to speak at least basic Thai." Do you have confirmation of that in a link or something?

The problem with learning Thai is that it is a tonal language.

high tone,

rising tone,

neutral tone, 

falling tone,

low tone,

If, as most of us do as we get older our hearing gets less and if you are partially or completely tone deaf you will never really be able to speak Thai.

Many times I have tried to talk to my wife, son, friends in Thai, what I think I said is not what they hear. If you get some of the tones wrong, the sentence comes out completely differently and they look at me as though I am stupid, which in a way I am.

Sorry, the New Thai Visa requirements bit was made up, a bit tongue in cheek I guess!

It was just to make the point about learning others languages, if we require the Immigrants to do the same. Quid Pro Quo (Which Trump kept repeating when someone taught him what it meant!) and all that tit for tat, level playing field stuff.

Thai is hard, and tones are challenging indeed. My wife has pulled me up for saying something quite rude which is only a tone away from something friendly, more than once! The verbs on the other hand are absolute heaven compared to English verbs, thank god I learned English in school!

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No they said it would remain the same until Brexit was completed.

No, thats not correct .

Spain stated that they would keep everything the same as long as the UK keeps everything the same for Spanish citizens and the UK is keeping everything the same for Spanish citizens living in the UK ( now and after Brexit is completed )

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

No, thats not correct .

Spain stated that they would keep everything the same as long as the UK keeps everything the same for Spanish citizens and the UK is keeping everything the same for Spanish citizens living in the UK ( now and after Brexit is completed )

So Spain has unilaterally written EU policy?

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So Spain has unilaterally written EU policy?

I dont know the details , I have Brits friends living in Spain and they are not having any changes and everything's staying the same .

I think that applies to all E.U countries because the UK is allowing E.U citizens to remian in the UK with no changes

Just now, sanemax said:

I dont know the details , I have Brits friends living in Spain and they are not having any changes and everything's staying the same .

I think that applies to all E.U countries because the UK is allowing E.U citizens to remian in the UK with no changes

The UK has just made ALL EU citizens resident in the UK apply for permission to stay.

4 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I will howl with laughter if all those UK migrants who retired to Spain get royally screwed over by the Brexit.

No more free health care. A pound in freefall. Forced to learn the local language. 

But its what they voted for.

i also will howl with laughter if scotland gets its independance,no more "free" prescriptions or education and the spanish archer when they apply to join the eu,don,t know what currency scotland will adopt if it leaves,last time they had an election they wanted to stay with sterling when told in no uncertain terms this was not to be,the pucker factor crept in.

24 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, thats not correct .

their country,their rules.

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i also will howl with laughter if scotland gets its independance,no more "free" prescriptions or education and the spanish archer when they apply to join the eu,don,t know what currency scotland will adopt if it leaves,last time they had an election they wanted to stay with sterling when told in no uncertain terms this was not to be,the pucker factor crept in.

England will be bankrupt when Scotland leaves. Scotland will do just fine. We will keep free prescriptions and education and our NHS.

Currency? We better start our own because the pound will be trading on par with the Zimbabwean dollar after we leave.

Pretty sure the EU will welcome us back in no problem. After all we will have got rid of the English nationalists and will be a progressive nation not North Korea by the Thames.

• Haha 1