UK plans to introduce border controls on EU goods after post-Brexit transition

webfact

3 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Seems fair enough to me, I guess almost all of them want to anyway, not much of a life if you don't.

Obviously they can't all start off with perfect English, indeed many of the locals struggle to produce that!

The New Thai Visa requirements will  (Quite reasonably on this basis) require all retirees to speak at least basic Thai.  Kwam Kit Dee Mai?

quote "The New Thai Visa requirements will (Quite reasonably on this basis) require all retirees to speak at least basic Thai." Do you have confirmation of that in a link or something?

The problem with learning Thai is that it is a tonal language.

high tone,

rising tone,

neutral tone, 

falling tone,

low tone,

If, as most of us do as we get older our hearing gets less and if you are partially or completely tone deaf you will never really be able to speak Thai.

Many times I have tried to talk to my wife, son, friends in Thai, what I think I said is not what they hear. If you get some of the tones wrong, the sentence comes out completely differently and they look at me as though I am stupid, which in a way I am.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, david555 said:
9 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So having been a member and contributor to the EU for 40+ years, you think the UK should be treated worse than Canada who have never contributed? How does that make any sense? 

Here  dry your tears  

untitled.png

That's actually quite funny ????

So you admit it doesn't make sense - it's just discriminatory, out of spite. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's actually quite funny ????

So you admit it doesn't make sense - it's just discriminatory, out of spite. 

Ask that to the Windrush generation about discrimination????  ….."holy Britain" complaining about discrimination ….!

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You'll howl with laughter at elderly Brits (including Scots) suffering in their retirement years? That says a lot about you. 

Never thought about that before  yourself  when voting ? "Taking control is taking responsibility " also  for the elder ones ….

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its the UK which is proposing to keep people out of the UK based on language. All the EU might do is reciprocate against the UK.

To my knowledge the USA and Japan are not proposing this rule so why would the EU need to impose it on them?

Ah the Calimero Brexiteers at their finest.

27f07e612c7c159da5c8407a577d74f2.jpg

Have at least basic proficiency in German

To be able to live in Germany, you will need to know German. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has three levels of language proficiency, A, B and C. Each one has two parts. So the language proficiency is divided in A1/A2 or basic, B1/B2 or proficient in the language, and C1/C2 or advanced language skills. To be allowed to immigrate in Germany, you will need to enter the exams and pass them up to either A1 or B1. If you want to get a permanent residence, you will need a higher proficiency of C1 or C2.

https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/immigration-germany/

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You'll howl with laughter at elderly Brits (including Scots) suffering in their retirement years? That says a lot about you. 

Yeah but I didnt vote for the self inflicted wound.

Most of the UK immigrants to Spain and Portugal did.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Have at least basic proficiency in German

To be able to live in Germany, you will need to know German. The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages has three levels of language proficiency, A, B and C. Each one has two parts. So the language proficiency is divided in A1/A2 or basic, B1/B2 or proficient in the language, and C1/C2 or advanced language skills. To be allowed to immigrate in Germany, you will need to enter the exams and pass them up to either A1 or B1. If you want to get a permanent residence, you will need a higher proficiency of C1 or C2.

https://www.germany-visa.org/immigration-residence-permit/immigration-germany/

Counting only for Third country's' not for E.U. 27 members , so now slowly the penny start dropping what I meant "out is out " & "leaving means leaving" 

Privileges being a member of the 27 club ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Counting only for Third country's' not for E.U. 27 members , so now slowly the penny start dropping what I meant "out is out " & "leaving means leaving" 

Privileges being a member of the 27 club ????

Yes so for a number of years now various countries in the EU have had in place  immigration language requirements for non-eu nationals and yes from 1st January 2021 the UK will have immigration language requirements in place for eu nationals as the UK will be a 3rd country, my understanding is that English language requirements are not required for anyone over 65 years old or Are suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Paying 13 billion pounds a year is not a privilege, it is a millstone, now that millstone has been removed.

the price , so now ended , enjoy it as 3 th country , what more can I say 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Yes so for a number of years now various countries in the EU have had in place  immigration language requirements for non-eu nationals and yes from 1st January 2021 the UK will have immigration language requirements in place for eu nationals as the UK will be a 3rd country, my understanding is that English language requirements are not required for anyone over 65 years old or Are suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes

let's hope your" understanding" is right..... may we also hope the same " understanding" counts for same E.U. category on U.K. territory ?  

12 minutes ago, david555 said:

the price , so now ended , enjoy it as 3 th country , what more can I say 

You could always say 'thank you for your contributions over the last 45 year, for without them we could not be here today being rude to you' ????????????????

Edited by vogie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vogie said:

You could always say 'thank you for your contributions over the last 45 year, for without that we could not be here today being rude to you' ????????????????

Fair enough ...Thank You Mr Vogie and also for the rent at the moment , sorry we can really not give all you want whiteout accepting our rules as E.U. 27 

Is that sufficient ? lol ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, billd766 said:

quote "The New Thai Visa requirements will (Quite reasonably on this basis) require all retirees to speak at least basic Thai." Do you have confirmation of that in a link or something?

high tone,

rising tone,

neutral tone, 

falling tone,

low tone,

If, as most of us do as we get older our hearing gets less and if you are partially or completely tone deaf you will never really be able to speak Thai.

Many times I have tried to talk to my wife, son, friends in Thai, what I think I said is not what they hear. If you get some of the tones wrong, the sentence comes out completely differently and they look at me as though I am stupid, which in a way I am.

Learn to read Bill. It's not difficult, believe me. And once you can read you know exactly how a word should sound. Thai is much more phonetic than English. Within a month you could be speaking clearly, guaranteed, even if you are a Brexit supporter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, david555 said:

Ask that to the Windrush generation about discrimination????  ….."holy Britain" complaining about discrimination ….!

Most Brits are not proud of the Windrush debacle. But those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

In 2010, the United Nations accused France of racism against Roma as it began deportations, declaring: "The United Nations finds the recent French government hardline stance worrisome." Activists charged that France's treatment of Roma was 'simply inhuman.' It was condemned as "abusive and racist," saying "the Roma have too often been Europe's scapegoats."

And let's not forget: 

In 1940 Marshal Pétain after becoming head of State, suspended political parties and censored the press. After these reforms, the Vichy government began to display its anti-Semitic views by installing laws discriminating against Jews and imitating the Nazi German Nuremberg laws. Jews were prohibited from working in certain jobs and going to certain places such as restaurants and stores.

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Fair enough ...Thank You Mr Vogie and also for the rent at the moment , sorry we can really not give all you want whiteout accepting our rules as E.U. 27 

Is that sufficient ? lol ????

But what about you accepting our rules before we let you trade with us, your workers rights standards fall well below what is required from ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CG1 Blue said:

Most Brits are not proud of the Windrush debacle. But those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...

In 2010, the United Nations accused France of racism against Roma as it began deportations, declaring: "The United Nations finds the recent French government hardline stance worrisome." Activists charged that France's treatment of Roma was 'simply inhuman.' It was condemned as "abusive and racist," saying "the Roma have too often been Europe's scapegoats."

And let's not forget: 

In 1940 Marshal Pétain after becoming head of State, suspended political parties and censored the press. After these reforms, the Vichy government began to display its anti-Semitic views by installing laws discriminating against Jews and imitating the Nazi German Nuremberg laws. Jews were prohibited from working in certain jobs and going to certain places such as restaurants and stores.

True but YOU are referring to discrimination ,not me , unless now in my reply to you, take the rules as a 3th country as a man , you voted to leave , so bare the consequences  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

But what about you accepting our rules before we let you trade with us, your workers rights standards fall well below what is required from ourselves.

So then those workers become happy citizens on your Island , each at their own …..????

So you get also unfrozen pensions as you live anywhere in the wide world ?? ….I didn't knew your U.K. is so generous as my country … ????

So we just trade on with the world as before , only 1 less as a member and new as "WTO Kangaroo " (new funny name ) …, sharing seats in E.U. parliament already so some trade too , we will manage 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just now, david555 said:

So then those workers become happy citizens on your Island , each at their own …..????

So you get also unfrozen pensions as you live anywhere in the wide world ?? ….I didn't knew your U.K. is so generous as my country … ????

Are pensions the same as workers rights, I would think not. BTW we are all very happy for you reminding us just how benevolent your government is with your pension, think yourself fortunate, but it has little to do with what we are talking about, unless you are using it to try and hit us Brits over the head with, if that is the case it has just about as much affect as hitting an hippopotamus over the head with a lollipop stick.????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are pensions the same as workers rights, I would think not. BTW we are all very happy for you reminding us just how benevolent your government is with your pension, think yourself fortunate, but it has little to do with what we are talking about, unless you are using it to try and hit us Brits over the head with, if that is the case it has just about as much affect as hitting an hippopotamus over the head with a lollipop stick.????

Listen  , I thanked you for ….whatever in 45 years being the troublesome sticky handbrake to be , together with Nigel "Blackadder" Farage … but this is end of MY negotiations (and polite goodby ???? lol )...., you are out and after 31 Dec.2020 a full non transition 3 th country.

That's it , no further expectations I have , so please be not disappointed and expect also nothing more than is offered 3+ years , as it was your U.K. choice ...at least for 52%  enjoy it , carry that cross with courage . ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Canada lies on another continent , as you can not deny The U.K. lying far away from Europe ….so you see the difference and as close trade should be involved at U.K. request  it is a matter for ECJ .

Cant abandon trying  cherry picking hopeless , want work !

Ridiculous reasoning (if that's the right word?).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

high tone,

rising tone,

neutral tone, 

falling tone,

low tone,

I'm sure you do your best, Bill.

But I don't like the rejoiner tone the most - it is getting as insulting as the embryonic remainer tone way back in....when was it now... 2016 I think??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Canada lies on another continent , as you can not deny The U.K. lying far away from Europe ….so you see the difference and as close trade should be involved at U.K. request  it is a matter for ECJ .

Cant abandon trying  cherry picking hopeless , want work !

So no cherry picking So Macon will tell his fishing fleet they will have to find somewhere else to Fish, Merkel and Macon will tell their automotive industry no more vehicle sales to the UK

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1