Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

KETO DIET ultimate thread - Keto diet in Thailand, what do you eat, what did you learn ?

rech

Take a stroll round the outdoor markets here,

your body will tell you what it needs. Listen to it.

Note to greedy gits..Avoid man made <deleted> and sugar.

Also it is essential to reduce your stress level.

Edited by talahtnut
addition

i've tried this multiple times, keep failing as i'm not willing to cook myself, therefore never know how many calories i'm consuming and whether I have the correct macros. 

i lose more weight doing low-fat, and have more energy

also never experience the health benefits other people mention either

Edited by clarky cat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, clarky cat said:

i've tried this multiple times, keep failing as i'm not willing to cook myself, therefore never know how many calories i'm consuming and whether I have the correct macros. 

i lose more weight doing low-carb and low-fat, and have more energy

never experience the health benefits other people mention either

Low carb and low fat and more energy is not possible. You have to choose one or the other but many choose both and then you get a standard American diet. 

A strong believer in only beef is the famous Jordan Peterson.  On the other hand he has medical reasons for this but still was on the verge of death recently due to depression and withdrawal effects from antidepressants. I have often seen this combination of a basic anxiety and food ideology. That makes me wonder. It seems to me that those enjoy life the most who just eat what they really like.

Lets not forget constipation, a natutal side effect of too much meat consumption. 

There is s.th. called the attrition rate. There is a limit to how many people can eat like this. Only 15 % of those who could survive on a plant based diet. Keto diet is, in other words, a luxury in a damaged world. 

Did you know that rice can be one of the most nutritious foods? If you'd mainly eat rice, you would experience the same effects that were just copied into this forum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, otaku00 said:

Did you know that rice can be one of the most nutritious foods? If you'd mainly eat rice, you would experience the same effects that were just copied into this forum.

Sounds like diabete.

Some people experience constipation or flu like symptoms when starting a ketogenic or carnivore diet. This is usually a sign that they need to use more salt or drink electrolyte. The symptoms usually disappear after 1-2 weeks when the body become fat adapted. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

For me, the keto diet was a learning experience. There's no doubt that weight loss is rapid if also following an Intermittent fasting regime - which I continue with today. However, In my case the weight loss included muscle tissue, and it has been a hell of a job to regenerate muscle growth.

Two noticeable risks: 

1. Age over 60, it's not advisable to extend a keto weight loss regime more than two/three weeks, IMO. But you could continue IF with a starting window of 16:8, and extending it if lifestyle permits. I vary my daily fasting window from 17-19 hours - and it enables my body to remain healthy at a stable 65 kilos. 

2. The carb restriction could result in malnutrition, unless the new ketotarian diet recently promoted - emphasis on plant based foods - accommodates adequate nutrition. As I follow a strict WFPB nutrition regime, which provides all the nutrients I need, I can and do consume what I like, without having to count or restrict any calories, carbs, fats or protein.  

• Sad 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, Brahmz said:

I have been eating Keto for eleven years now. Best thing I ever did for myself. I am 70yo and look 50.

Started the diet in NZ and have been in Thailand 3 years. Here I eat mostly raw food except for clear soups with non-starchy cooked vegetables. I drink raw milk, and make my own cheese and kefir from raw milk. Rest of the diet is fruit (fresh & dried), salads, raw egg yolks, freshly ground black sesame seeds, micro-greens (black sesame), teas, homemade ginger beer.

do you make your own kefir milk ? where did you get the grain at first ?

How funny are people who in 2020 still believe that we need carbs.

Carbs from all over the worst just exist because they were an easy cheap way to feel the poor masses.

Nowadays nobody with half a brain should consume carbs.

Body gets energy from fat in ketosis and from protein in gluconeogenesis, so eating carbs is just stupid if you are not doing 5h sport daily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, the high cholesterol and the lack of fiber are to watch in the liver overview, two killers. Normal diet has no lack of vitamins, so you don't need rice to cover it. Combine (brown) rice with vegetables, nuts and rarely meat and and see who has better blood count and weight loss. The point is you still have to exercise.

I was just told one of our most agile TV mods Stefan Raab ate sugar cubes as a snack. He was able to beat sportsmen in his shows although overweight himself. I guess some are thinking too monocausal.

By the way, our meat eating ancestors did sports 5 hours a day, always hunting. Do the meat advocates the same?

Edited by otaku00
Detail added
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Apparently there is a recent study that found that mice on a ketogenic diet had a lower influenza mortality rate than those fed a high carb diet. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/11/191115190327.htm

Really they need to research what is so perfectly clear since decades ?

Carbs = kill

Nothing else to know or think about.

But of course some people will always think that they know better ????

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2020 at 12:23 AM, Alex2554 said:

I've tried it for a month. Never again. Human body can not excret all nitrogen wastes produced from protein without carbs so you are intoxicated by poisonous ammonia, uric acid and creatinin. 

Kind of slow suicide

Post a link please. I've read the science and seen nothing like that proven by anybody.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

Really they need to research what is so perfectly clear since decades ?

Carbs = kill

Nothing else to know or think about.

But of course some people will always think that they know better ????

Since 5yo people told plants good meat bad.