Type "o" Marriage Visa 1 Year Extension

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the information about getting the 1 year extension for marriage. :D Went to Thai immigration about 5 weeks ago and filed all the papers. Not a problem as long as you have "all" the paperwork and wife in tow. Brought my beautiful little baby girl with us and maybe that might have helped. Went in yesterday to see about the progress and was really surprised that they just asked for my passport and found my paperwork, stamped my passport,signed it sent me to desk 5, stamped,signed again sent back and the lady says "you're finished". I then asked when it would be due again and she said March of 2005. This is because I had a 90 day multiple entry and the last time I came back into Thailand was back in March of this year.

I thought I would have been looking at an extension on their processing but it's all done, all praise to you guys for the help. :D I still have to go back on the 4th of July for the report of address and then will just send it in after that by mail.

Next week is the Thai drivers licence and again thanks to you guys, I know I have the "right info" for what is required to accomplish this. :D After all this is done, I'll be :o

Just as an added note: I did show funds in the bank in excess 40,000 baht "with" a statement from the US embassy saying that I receive a pension of more than that per month so would be in excess of the 400,000 per year "new" requirement.

I also think that you have to go with a good attitude. Sure, you can attract flies with $hit but you're better off with honey. :D

Edited by Kringle

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for the information about getting the 1 year extension for marriage.  :D Went to Thai immigration about 5 weeks ago and filed all the papers. Not a problem as long as you have "all" the paperwork and wife in tow. Brought my beautiful little baby girl with us and maybe that might have helped. Went in yesterday to see about the progress and was really surprised that they just asked for my passport and found my paperwork, stamped my passport,signed it sent me to desk 5, stamped,signed again sent back and the lady says "you're finished". I then asked when it would be due again and she said March of 2005. This is because I had a 90 day multiple entry and the last time I came back into Thailand was back in March of this year.

I thought I would have been looking at an extension on their processing but it's all done, all praise to you guys for the help. :D  I still have to go back on the 4th of July for the report of address and then will just send it in after that by mail.

Next week is the Thai drivers licence and again thanks to you guys, I know I have the "right info" for what is required to accomplish this.  :D After all this is done, I'll be  :o

Just as an added note: I did show funds in the bank in excess 40,000 baht "with" a statement from the US embassy saying that I receive a pension of more than that per month so would be in excess of the 400,000 per year "new" requirement. 

I also think that you have to go with a good attitude. Sure,  you can attract flies with $hit but you're better off with honey. :D

cool