Supercar "worth millions" engulfed in flames on expressway near Bangkok

webfact

8 hours ago, Denim said:

I saw a Porsche burst into flames right before my eyes on the exit ramp to Ngam Wongwahn road last year. It just rolled to a halt , the driver got out and then up it went , much to his obvious chagrin.

It's a pretty hot car! ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Supercar "worth millions" engulfed in flames on expressway near Bangkok

What's with this Super car <deleted> ? a car is a car maybe some are better that others Nothing Super about that,,, Unless it runs on super Fuel, and I don't know what super Fuel is (it used to be the high octane Petrol that we ones Had). Same as they say Super stars what's super about that , Just a movie star and a singer will do Thank you. Oh I ah wrong My GF thinks that I am Superman.   ???? 

8 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

Driver thought that for the price she paid for this car 18 months ago she'd not need to actually put oil in the engine too.

Worth tens of millions in is dreams but there again if u have a Mercedes in thailand u are super rich in uk they 10 to a penny even a poor man can own a mere in uk

On 2/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, Airalee said:

That’s not a Porsche in the picture.  Doesn’t have the same side profile as any 911/918/CGT etc.  look how the front lamps bulge out.  It looks more like one of those bodykitted Toyota MRS/MR2 abominations that I’ve seen for sale.

Its a Porsche Cayman !

• Confused 1

On 2/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, webfact said:

The car looked to be a Porsche, notes Thaivisa.

On 2/24/2020 at 6:21 PM, tompelli said:

According to the linked, linked Facebook page JS100 radio...it is/was a Lotus Elise

Thaivisa should read the links.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 1:02 AM, fruitman said:

Why don't they drive american cars there?

Because, the USA the land of opportunity welcomes immigrants from all over the world and many of those immigrants still like to drive foreign vehicles.  I don't know why, but many entrepreneurial, and wealthy people from all over the world choose the USA to go to and not a country like Germany or Thailand.  Also, Los Angeles  is home to many people in the sports and entertainment world who  make very large sums of money and look for  outrageous conspicuous  ways to spend it, especially the  sports and  music industry people. Rappers like Killer Fudge, Mr. Finger, Sir Chunkalot all drive  German imports. or German vehicles assembled in Mexico and which are then customized in the USA. Thailand does not attract the same  wealthy people nor have the advanced technical capabilities to offer local vehicles of the same calibre.

Trust this answers your  inquiry

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

Because, the USA the land of opportunity welcomes immigrants from all over the world and many of those immigrants still like to drive foreign vehicles.  I don't know why, but many entrepreneurial, and wealthy people from all over the world choose the USA to go to and not a country like Germany or Thailand.  Also, Los Angeles  is home to many people in the sports and entertainment world who  make very large sums of money and look for  outrageous conspicuous  ways to spend it, especially the  sports and  music industry people. Rappers like Killer Fudge, Mr. Finger, Sir Chunkalot all drive  German imports. or German vehicles assembled in Mexico and which are then customized in the USA. Thailand does not attract the same  wealthy people nor have the advanced technical capabilities to offer local vehicles of the same calibre.

Trust this answers your  inquiry

So the rich americans don't like american sportscars but prefer german ones like i see in every movie?

On 2/24/2020 at 1:59 AM, Airalee said:

At best, it’s a Lotus Elise SC S3. Look at the front end pic in the linked article.  I still think it’s a body kit on an MRS however.

Sure looks like an SC S3.  Door details, rocker panel,  ...  but no lower front air vents. 

image.png.b35714337af3c8c7bb66bd41d7d5a341.png

Edited by Damrongsak

29 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Sure looks like an SC S3.  Door details, rocker panel,  ...  but no lower front air vents. 

image.png.b35714337af3c8c7bb66bd41d7d5a341.png

It’s the front bumper picture in the article that leads me to believe it is some sort of kit car.  I can’t find a picture of a similar one online.  From what I understand, Lotus uses a Toyota engine in the Elise which I wouldn’t expect to be going up in flames.  I’ll bet it would be fun as hell to drive though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

It’s the front bumper picture in the article that leads me to believe it is some sort of kit car.  I can’t find a picture of a similar one online.  From what I understand, Lotus uses a Toyota engine in the Elise which I wouldn’t expect to be going up in flames.  I’ll bet it would be fun as hell to drive though!

Maybe the front bumper is a home-brew repair after a fender-bender?  What looks authentic is the curvature of the door edges and the setback from the front wheel, the fender and where the pieces line up.

image.png.8c9efa4718c66c4bbe34c7040ecb7ef2.png

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1