Thousands rally at Kasetsart University against government, warn bigger protests coming to Bangkok

rooster59

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

Lets hope this is the start of something bigger and better than what the bogus PM offers Thailand without him turning the guns and tanks on them. 

Doubt it, the unmentionable will happen before that! Good time for it no tourists to scare away 

• Like 1

They should be quick I expect they will be stopped by authorities very soon due to Covid19 from today they can afficialy stop any public gatherings but the PM has to give the order.
I think it would be wrong to use the Covid19 situation as an excuse to stop the protests.
If they do so they should stop all public gatherings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, petedk said:

After that they will ban "Les Miserables". My students seem to refer to that and the French revolution all the time.

what about The man in the Iron* Mask?     ( * Insert: metaphoric Fabric) 

Tell you what though... most have probably watched the series; The Last Man on Earth?

- well check out the original Vincent Price colourised original 

Anticipate nexus between the "Academic Front" and PTP supporters (not the Party leaders) when the penny drops and they realise that FFP and the students were/are doing it for them as well.

The wheels will really start wobbling when that happens.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

It doesnt matter. The spark has been lit and I hope all of you guys are prepared to go as far as bugging out if necessary. There is no one to stop the shooting if it starts, and there are more players  in the game.

Im very worried for Thailand, a place th at I truly love and where I have spent a lot of time in. Even here in Siem Reap its fun and has its advantages over Thailand, but it isnt Thailand. Its sad and I hope you all get by OK. Just be prepared...for anything.

I for one wouldnt be keeping many assets other than the bare minimum in Thailand if you can swing it. If you are "stuck", register with your embassy and buy gold.

It only took a couple of winters in Thailand (and a bit of reading) for me to realise how close to the edge the country was.

It had/has all the ingredients required for what's coming.

The major reason I have been so reticent about "investing" in Thailand.

But now that it's at the precipice I have mixed feelings about leaving on the 1st April (assuming the lid stays on until then).

A part of me wants to be part of what's coming.

Edited by Enoon

5 hours ago, YetAnother said:

guns versus students, kinda been here before

yes but after that general shamed by ….., and in exile out of shame as his actions labeled out of proportions by….

the wings of change are starting/beginning to fly.... these are actions/influences that, many hope, will lead to important political & social changes including sweeping away corruption

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

lets hope they don't use today's newly enacted law (effective today)  that says anyone can be forcefully detained if you are suspected of having Covid19.

if that was the case, they don't have enough jails to held everybody.... better start "speedy" construction then, because we may see many more coming out protesting