Anutin warns of govt invoking security act to deter student protests

rooster59

9 minutes ago, monkfish said:

If they do they should stop all public gatherings and not just the political ones.

Ha ha! Where do you get the idea that rational thinking is part of government policy? The ones that have self-interest or money-making linked to them are fine.

• Like 1

Didn't they just give the Thailand round of the MotoGP a thumbs up this week were tens of thousands will be gathering over 3 days sharing pretty much everything from toilets to underpants - that is massive hypocrisy right there  

6 million people voting for their favoured political party is no small thing and when their voice and vote is trashed like it was nothing - is a very big error 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

Didn't they just give the Thailand round of the MotoGP a thumbs up this week were tens of thousands will be gathering over 3 days sharing pretty much everything from toilets to underpants - that is massive hypocrisy right there  

6 million people voting for their favoured political party is no small thing and when their voice and vote is trashed like it was nothing - is a very big error 

Of course it's not hypocrisy, how could you suggest such a thing? There's a big difference between public health and money making.

P.S. 'sharing pretty much everything from toilets to underpants' - perhaps that should be pubic health?

1 minute ago, 30la said:
7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Anutin warns of govt invoking security act to deter student protests

This character is becoming very intrusive ...

Oh, intrusive.

Him being the 'ealth minister caused me to misread  it as intravenous - rather like an intravenous drip. Not that I would ever call him one of course.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As this is gone, I think he will be forced to lose face by declaring in a few days that ...

finally this GP is canceled or postponed to a later date, which is also the case for the GP of Shanghai F1

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:
5 hours ago, bluesofa said:

As this is gone, I think he will be forced to lose face by declaring in a few days that ...

finally this GP is canceled or postponed to a later date, which is also the case for the GP of Shanghai F1

Yeah, but if it ends up being cancelled by the organisers, to avoid losing face he can blame the ai ferang for not believing him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

He said that the outbreak of Covid-19 is an issue of concern to everyone, adding that a gathering of people will result in the spread of the disease.

“We have expressed our concern to other related authorities,” he said.

“I have informed Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha and Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan that they can issue an order because the Ministry of Public Health can only warn and ask for cooperation.”

What a Joke this Guy makes me sick!! I went to a night market last night and they were out enforce had to get scanned then a man yelled at me three times to get soap on my hands (I heard him the first time) Then got a nice lovely sticker.  

I suppose that if you are at the front of a large crowd of protestors and are on the receiving end of a burst of automatic rifle fire then the Corona virus will be quite a long way down your list of worries...

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 12:21 PM, brain150 said:

Madness

He wants to stop students gathering to protest as it might spread disease. Did he engage his brain. These people gather everyday when they all turn up for school or university. 

Is the Internal Security Act about to be used to stop students going to school... ???? Or does Covid19 not spread if it under stands the the vectors are gathering for learning..Not protesting... If vice versa however, Covid19 goes mental and becomes highly contagious. 

I just wonder which book he got for inspiration in the New Year.

Was it 'The Burmese guide to Military Government 1962 on' or 'Richard Nixon's guide to peaceful student protest in Ohio 1968' ?

I'd reckon the former in view of the near 60 year success in suppression. Nixon's one is close but is a much shorter volume.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"If they don’t listen to our warning, organisers must take responsibility if the protest leads to the spread of the disease,” he warned.

Every action has a re-action... invoke the security act in the name of public health and watch the time-bomb go off!

If large crowd gatherings are on the minds of the government then ban every large public event, ban the up-coming motorcycle race in Buriram, ban expo's, ban hoards going to the beach, close the "mass transit train system".... you cannot pick-and-choose!

Our "generals" are quite dumb (it should be obvious by now).

Soon, they might understand... the great advantages, from a practical point of view, of such "pandemic".

No more dissent.

People obsessed with their own survival do not have the energy nor the will to "dissent".

But Prayuth and his gang... still don't understand.

Despite their close links with their chinese masters.... The Wuwuflu is a "blessing".

But to understand this, you need to step up.

The Wuwuflu is 2 things wrapped in an enigma.

It's the destroyer of our globalized world.

But at the same time, it has the potentiel to become a booster for... the globalization.

Paradox ?

Not at all.

George Orwell wrote it long time ago.

Smart dictators.... use "crisis".... for their own advantages.

Will our "generals" eventually understand ?

Their level is so low currently that i doubt it. 

However, I can tell you that behind...a  young officer... who knows how to add 1 to 1... is already starting to make plans.

Thailand is the perfect ground for a "military revolution"..... Venezuela style....

A smart guy coming from the ranks.... and who knows better than his dumb superiors, who are obsessed with luxury watches, super cars and mia nois...

Piece of cake.

I am not afraid about students (youth will always be the same and in Thailand it's a tradition to shoot at them or to hang them to trees...).

I fear the smart young officer. Who will turn back the military machine against itself...

This guy will win everything.

Edited by christophe75