Britain vows to drive hard bargain in U.S. trade talks

webfact

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Still a lot better than most of the EU. That must hurt.

I see the Guardian and the Sun as sources. I guess at least one has many pictures in for those challenged.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Still a lot better than most of the EU. That must hurt.

I see the Guardian and the Sun as sources. I guess at least one has many pictures in for those challenged.

sun=ok

us challenged study and learn from this

image.png.f2f781e4f4a99416bd76d8418ac9bf32.pngimage.png.f2f781e4f4a99416bd76d8418ac9bf32.png

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Not on about that old chestnut that only historians mention these days. There was an election recently in case you forgot which smashes any case for the argument your are so poorly trying to postulate.

In the December election more people voted for parties that supported Remain or another referendum than voted for parties that advocated Brexit.

• Like 2

Just now, bannork said:

In the December election more people voted for parties that supported Remain or another referendum than voted for parties that advocated Brexit.

Well we don't have proportional representation so your argument again is unsupported. What happened to the smart voting the Lib Dems, Greens and Labour to keep the Conservatives out.

The Labour Leader has resigned, The Lib Dems leader was removed by her own constituents and the Greens have gone off hugging some new trees.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

8% here and VAT there and chlorine all over and 0.16 after lunch

you guys are just incredible discussing the effects, in great detail - down to decimals, of a trade deal

which isn't even on the drawing board yet

The 0.16% is an official UK prognosis of a US-UK trade agreement. 

That number shows that such an agreement will never ever replace the UK-EU trade - like some people pretend it will.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bannork said:

The majority of voters that voted (52%- 48%), voted to leave but only 37% of the voters voted to leave.

Their reasons for not voting may not be apathy: in the slammer, sick, abroad, etc.

There you go again trying to be disingenuous, here is a Lib/Dem explaining the reasoning why people use this type of argument to make a point.

"Only 27% of the population voted for Brexit. It’s not the will of the people!”

It is true of course that the total percentage of the UK population who voted for Brexit is 27%, when you factor in those who were not eligible to vote or chose not to. But this is a disingenuous use of stats.

Yes only 27% voted to leave but even fewer voted to remain (less than a quarter of us!) So if Brexit is not the will of the people, the same logic dictates that remaining certainly isn’t, and would be an even more unjustified course of action! In short, 27% voting to leave in no way means that 73% support remain (oh if only.)"

https://www.libdemvoice.org/the-3-arguments-i-wish-remainers-would-stop-making-and-im-a-remainer-59812.html?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=f8c82c915813b4f303993a3899d49c73592cf007-1583285043-0-AeXhafMBuMEoqadr8Th4jfFbsKni9Tz9besG2qG8SkBg0qpy7u1BUjd9sLoE1r6bQv7vpo1xHhVQQnjtfDHORPn_dRXC43FPl_HPhFmKF778yqztDbo1y8NueHxbdB3fDuROrK8QYqOrmwlJ4ds6X1OWKwHAVTvIBpdbJ6_SZtn8Q0N2kbDMbYtkW6E7sVj0QpMLrYj7ozO7pq8EXzPVGB8bJ_Dfwu7i6BQ1KnqnfgMSbTR9K8yjL935huS-pDinQmUIvAC0aXXs4CgdknhTYB2X7jy78bEK9P8Sd4xB86Wh58KtxdIwe4rgqrlZqnuXswoGVij_HIOr0XWfFO3BcsFfywntanbqTjKBN-WvaxKkRtirsSUTtsCvzZk-hWEZMftN5DjXtbwKOEt5Jud_6zYe0hRSOG0OfVJ7Shq9qIVG7WiEyT0_XwspbcYpdUrzXg

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you miss the part that that the 8% was a prognosis for the next 15 years? Similar to the 0.16% growth after 15 years of a US-UK trade deal.

Until now the UK is trading with the EU without any difference so it's not surprised that not much happend until now (apart from all those companies which don't invest in the UK anymore) . But the way things develop you will see a big difference already in 2021. And I give you a hint: It's not getting better for the UK in 2021.

Yeah yeah, 800,000 job losses. In reality unemployment is at record lows.

The collapse of the UK is always "next year" for Remainers. Has been since 2016. They're like a broken record.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least you can still dream until 2021 that all will be fine.

I suggest you use every minute of it - before reality hits you next year when all the rules and regulation will happen.

OK got it. 2021 is the new date for the UK's collapse. Has everyone got that? ????

image.png.811e61261f67fc2dda97ef73cf6f3d70.png

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Your reality of project fear has already proven to be nonsense and after 3 years you are still believing it.

So what about Scotland (yes I used the s word) the many forecasts are if they left the United Kingdom would be financially ruined. do you still want independence?

I think I know the answer.

Still avoiding the point raised, of course an answer would require some understanding.

• Like 1

It would appear that the problems the US have faced in trade deals have led to a change in policy.

However, in the past month, the U.S. Congress – acting in a very rare, quite bipartisan fashion – agreed to strip the ISDS provisions from the North American Trade Agreement. Likewise, administration notifications about upcoming EU and UK trade negotiations notably exclude ISDS.

ISDS empowers multinational corporations to go before panels of three corporate lawyers to demand unlimited compensation from taxpayers over claims that domestic policies and actions violate special investor privileges. The lawyers can award the corporations unlimited sums to be paid by taxpayers, including for the loss of expected future profits.

https://www.theglobalist.com/united-states-european-union-trade-isds-usmca-uncitral-mic/

Those that were blissfully ignorant can remain so and those that had some idea can be relieved, after all what can be the problem with a new dispute settlement arrangement.

The MIC is an ISDS rebrand. Yes, it addresses some of ISDS’s worst procedural problems. However, it sustains the fundamental injustice of providing foreign investors special substantive rights and privileges.

https://www.theglobalist.com/united-states-european-union-trade-isds-usmca-uncitral-mic/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well if that's your intellect on the topic then you have won hands down. I wonder how long your reply will stay up. I bet not very long at all.

this is the normal Sun level,

too many feed their brains from Sun

14 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Care to share the answer? I have always wondered why Scotland is considered unable to do what every other country in the world can do. 

<Deleted. I nearly walked in to another ???????????????????????????? thread!>

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I blame the brexiteers - they are obsessed!

Peter Bone is on his feet in the house proposing an annual 'United Kingdom Day' on the nearest Friday to 23rd June per annum as I type! ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Care to share the answer? I have always wondered why Scotland is considered unable to do what every other country in the world can do. 

why?

'cause of the neighbours doon south, the hamperers

Edited by melvinmelvin
typo

5 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

I didn't realise I asked you. But as you have jumped in. Care to share the answer? But like for the poster who the question was too i think I know and from your response so far I am right.

So the UK is wrong wanting independence from the EU but it is fine Scotland wanting independence from the UK. The statement below is factually incorrect as every other country is rather melodramatic.

"Scotland is considered unable to do what every other country in the world can do".

mmmmmm How hypocritical.

5 hours ago, TheDark said:

England got her independence day. It's now Scotland's turn to have the same. 

Why an earth do you think you are entitled to define who can comment on discussions on this forum?

You do not have such an power. Hopefully you'll never have such an power. 

Some people here wouldn’t want you to comment on these issues unless you were English and agree with them, and when they can’t get that if they don’t like the opposing view they hear they put you on ignore!

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 8:48 AM, baansgr said:

That was part of project fear and as we all know now simply isn't true.

Never fear - that's when I'd start worrying. Never believe anyting you read and only 50% of what your mother tells you.

Some nationality troll posts and other troll content has been removed.

Please understand this is an anonymous international forum where anyone can have input into the discussion

• Like 2