Paper work to extend retiremnt visa

I going Thursday to redo retirement and, what paper do they want now ,,,Have the 800k,What about bank Letter ? What TM## is appilcable now ? Is insurance due ? Can I draw map before or has to be done there ? Do they want my lease ? How many photo and copies ?

Thanks for replies.

1 hour ago, Martyp said:

Note that it may take your bank up to a week to produce a 1 year bank statement.

Some Bangkok Bank branches even say it's 2 weeks. So anyone who needs one should be early enough not to get in trouble if issuing the statement takes time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HKwang 12 said:

Going to Chang Wattanana... TM 7 is what I have to get downloaded . Not sure if money will do it been up and downpast year ,but will give it a try .

You do know if you meet the financial requirements for an extension? If not, then there's no reason to go to CW. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I just make copies of my bank book do they now want a year bank statement 

Previously one only needed to show the prior 2 months to confirm seasoning of the 800k.

As per the police order there is now a new (well one year) requirement to retain the money for 3 months and 400k beyond that. At some point this month I expect we will hear whether individual IOs are checking this. If the past is anything to go by some will and some won't! Some may be happy with the bank book if it is complete (no consolidated line), others may specify a one year statement. Who knows for sure? There is usually a period of ambiguity, confusion and misinterpretation before things settle. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

Just now, TheFishman1 said:

I just make copies of my bank book do they now want a year bank statement 

With the new rules, now one year old, they may want to confirm that the 800k remained in the bank account for the first three months of an extension and that the balance remained above 400k. A 1 year bank statement might require a wait of a week or so from your bank. There is little harm in getting a 1 year bank statement. If you don’t have it and they want to see it then that is on you for not being prepared. Up to you . . . 

• Like 2

Retirement visas do NOT need proof of insurance. Your best way to find out what the requirements are (It's different for each immigration office) I suggest you make plans for a two day adventure. One day to go stand in line to find out what your immigration office requires and another day to stand in line to present your documents. 

In Chiang Mai I recently needed a photocopy of every page of my passport, a letter from my bank stating that I have had over 800,000 baht in my account for the past 3 months, a statement from the main office of my bank listing all deposits and withdrawals for the past year, plus the current forms all filled out and a small passport picture attached. Ohh and also my bankbook which had to be updated that very same day I was applying for the visa extension. But who knows. All that may change tomorrow. TIT.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kurtf said:

Retirement visas do NOT need proof of insurance. Your best way to find out what the requirements are (It's different for each immigration office) I suggest you make plans for a two day adventure. One day to go stand in line to find out what your immigration office requires and another day to stand in line to present your documents. 

In Chiang Mai I recently needed a photocopy of every page of my passport, a letter from my bank stating that I have had over 800,000 baht in my account for the past 3 months, a statement from the main office of my bank listing all deposits and withdrawals for the past year, plus the current forms all filled out and a small passport picture attached. Ohh and also my bankbook which had to be updated that very same day I was applying for the visa extension. But who knows. All that may change tomorrow. TIT.

Don't compare CM immigration with other offices. They have always had strange requirements that differs from others. 

• Like 1

I have just done mine at the Ratchaburi office. 5th time from a non-O entry.

Passport picture page, entry stamp, visa page and TM6 copies. (Copies of previous extensions if you have them).

1 year bank statement. Applied for on Monday 24 February at Bangkok bank and received on Thursday 27 February, showing transactions from 23 Feb 19 to 23 Feb 20, cost 200 baht.

Copies of current bank book updated today and showing a transaction today.

Bank letter issued today.

TM7.

Copies of blue book and owners ID card signed by the house owner.

Insurance was not mentioned.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Passport picture page, entry stamp, visa page and TM6 copies. (Copies of previous extensions if you have them).

1 year bank statement. Applied for on Monday 24 February at Bangkok bank and received on Thursday 27 February, showing transactions from 23 Feb 19 to 23 Feb 20, cost 200 baht.

TM7.

Insurance was not mentioned because insurance has never been a requirement for non-O entries. Insurance is required for anyone extending a current or previous non-O-A entry for reason of retirement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Insurance was not mentioned because insurance has never been a requirement for non-O entries. Insurance is required for anyone extending a current or previous non-O-A entry for reason of retirement.

Yes, however the OP asked about insurance so I thought I would mention it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

TM7.

A health insurance is only mandatory when you're on an O-A Visa or an extension based on an initial O-A. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 4:51 AM, ubonjoe said:

Same TM7 form.

Updated bank book showing the 800k baht has been in the bank 2 months. But you may need to show a 12 month bank statement to prove the 800k baht stayed in the bank for 3 months and then 400k until you topped it up to 800k baht.

Same bank letter as before.

Is there a known procedure when changing from the affidavit of income method to the 800K in the bank. 

35 minutes ago, Jesse123 said:

Is there a known procedure when changing from the affidavit of income method to the 800K in the bank. 

Deposit your 800k 2 months before you apply for your next extension. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jesse123 said:

There is no special procedure. It is simple to do all you need is a bank book showing that the 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension and a letter from the bank confirming your account is valid.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Georgie65 said:

Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced visa agent in Pattaya for those who do not have the 800 k in the bank... Thanks!

Take a stroll down soi 15 off Buakhao and look to the right before Hideaway.

Try Soi Post Office, practically opposite the Post Office. 

25 minutes ago, Aforek said:

For the size of pictures ( two ), on the TM7 it's written 4 x 6 ( very big ) and they show 3.5 x 4.5 cm ( normal for me ) 

which ones to do ? before, I showed normal pictures 

A 3.5 X 4.5 cm photo is to small. The photo must be as big or a little bigger as the frame shown on the form.

A 4 X 6 cm photo is about equal to a 2 X 2 inch passport photo that is still used by some countries.

30 minutes ago, Aforek said:

For the size of pictures ( two ), on the TM7 it's written 4 x 6 ( very big ) and they show 3.5 x 4.5 cm ( normal for me ) 

which ones to do ? before, I showed normal pictures 

The size 4x6 cm is the standard size for thai immigration forms. At every photoshop that size is available. 

Edited by Max69xl