Covid-19: Put Thai prostitutes returning from Korea on an island in quarantine, social media goes ape as 5000 set to return

webfact

9 hours ago, petedk said:

Every single country except..... Thailand.  There are no prostitutes in Thailand. I seem to have heard that said many times. What will all these poor girls do? 

Go back to looking after sick buffalo's. 

9 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Weird is an understatement but whats mind boggling is the amount of illegal workers. They need to adopt the thai system with fancy cars to track these people down in future but this would actually be a real job where as here its just a couple farang every once and a while doing petty things.

Do you think that Thai visa would make any money, I mean garner any interest from

the readers, with daily bulletins of Laos, Burmese, Cambodians and Vietnamese people

sent back to their countries for working illegally?

It's only newsworthy here when Johnny foreigner is involved and the entitled members

can spout the sort of nonsense hat I'm quoting.

Edited by shy coconut
Edit

34 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Go back to looking after sick buffalo's. 

The rebirth of the Amazons .. A worthy social experiment with a female only population. And a few males as sex slaves 

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Every single country has thai prostitutes....it's the one and only export product thailand is famous for worldwide.

The old saying comes to mind.

"You can take the thai girl out of the bar.

But you can't take the bar girl out of the thai..."

The amazing thing is that on any given day or night you can literally fall over these poor waifs, but the police in droves can never seem to find them. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

Every single country has thai prostitutes....it's the one and only export product thailand is famous for worldwide.

Unfortunately... 

9 hours ago, Brian Dewhurst said:

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the Thai Immigration Authorities relax their visa rules for the time being, next week my 90 day Thai visa comes to an end, Immigration Officials tell me I must leave the country then I can get a 30 day extension when I return so rather than getting the appropriate stamp at the Immigration Office I must leave Thailand even if it’s only for one day, where would I go, China maybe.

Two chances of that - fat and slim.

Ironically, a major milestone in the tightening of visa rules in recent years was the Thai - Korea problem. In 2014 the then immigration chief complained that 8000 illegal Thais had been ejected from South Korea, but only 20 Koreans kicked out from here.

"They can deport us, we can do the same to them” was his comment at the time - six years later they've evidently made no progress, but at the same time managed to make immigration matters far more difficult for everyone else. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Absolute unmitigated nonsense. People travel of their own free will to work. Are you seriously suggesting 5000 Thai girls were taken against their will and forced into prostitution in S Korea?

Seriously?  Are you that much in denial about human trafficking?  You really think village girls from Isaan know how to get passports and how to correctly file visa applications in Korean?  

Traffickers recruit young village girls with promises of jobs working in hotels, restaurants and factories and to take care of all their paperwork in return for a small percentage of their wages.  But when they arrive, they have their passports taken away and are forced into the local sex industry to work-off their "debts".  Usually this debt can never be repaid and they incur additional "debts" as they are traded between brothels until they eventually are abandoned.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, christophe75 said:

Since my post has been erased. I will ask again the same question.

Why people would bother about thai prostitutes, possibly infected, coming back from South Korea, more than Korean, Chinese, Italian (endless list) possibly infected, arriving in Thailand as tourists (or business trips, or whatever) ?

Maybe because they arent banging hundreds of people regularly and having extremely close contact

20 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

so the corona virus is more scary than HIV HPV and other STD's?

if many of those thai workers are indeed illegal sex workers, the media idiots

need to worry more about sexually transmitted deseases , not the corona virus.

or  roadkill

If only 1 or 2 of them are effected, would you trust them to be quarantined properly? 

If not and they are all put on the same flight, then all of them will get it.

Then when they land, will the Thais enforce the quarantine?

They dont even like spending 1 baht on prisons, so thats a hint right there.

They will probably all end up hanging around hawking it at beach road Pattaya.

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Seriously?  Are you that much in denial about human trafficking?  You really think village girls from Isaan know how to get passports and how to correctly file visa applications in Korean?  

Traffickers recruit young village girls with promises of jobs working in hotels, restaurants and factories and to take care of all their paperwork in return for a small percentage of their wages.  But when they arrive, they have their passports taken away and are forced into the local sex industry to work-off their "debts".  Usually this debt can never be repaid and they incur additional "debts" as they are traded between brothels until they eventually are abandoned.  

Yes, Thai Rath should get hauled in for attitude adjustment, and tarnishing the good name of Thailand.

Then the Thai authorities should issue a statement that these poor girls were actually working in hotels, restaurants and factories.

Its the Thai way!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The authorities there have tightened up in recent years but many are likely to be taking advantage of the amnesty, and fears over being infected in South Korea, to make their way home to Thailand.

5,000 "pee noi" taking advantage of an amnesty to get back to Thailand,  unemployment is about to spike...

no tourists in resorts for them to come back & service!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:
Many of the 5,000 are thought to be Thai prostitutes working in the country where the virus has taken hold. There are also agricultural workers among thousands who work illegally in the country on tourist visas. 

Pattaya just got added to the hot zone.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Covid-19: Put Thai prostitutes returning from Korea on an island in quarantine, social media goes ape as 5000 set to return

Returning from a high risk country does pose a problem, these girls mostly are "working girls" and will quickly re-instate themselves among the general public to fund themselves again.

Just taking their temperature on entry isn't going to be enough to determine that they are not carriers without showing symptoms?

In our village a young bit of fluff has just returned from Sth Korea. She was a fully-qualified cashier who always wore a mask (I'm informed) and now intends to buy a little buffalo.

Lucrative work that cashiering.

"Many of the 5,000 are thought to be Thai prostitutes working in the country where the virus has taken hold. There are also agricultural workers among thousands who work illegally in the country on tourist visas."

So, a couple of agriculture workers managed to slip in - pretending to be prostitutes.

6 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Korea is part of Asean, no VISA application required, 90 days entry on arrival for Thai ladies visiting Korea.

3 minutes ago, BangkokBaksida said:

"Many of the 5,000 are thought to be Thai prostitutes working in the country where the virus has taken hold. There are also agricultural workers among thousands who work illegally in the country on tourist visas."

So, a couple of agriculture workers managed to slip in - pretending to be prostitutes.

My niece tried to slip in, I think she was pretending to be a buffalo.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's interesting how many members here thinks that is funny.

Do you think these illegal Thai prostitutes visit a doctor in Korea if they are sick?

Should they just return to Thailand and work again in the usual places like Pattaya?

How long will it take to spread the virus if only 1% of them are infected?

I think it's a good idea to quarantine them.

I thought they were all just kidding ????

20 hours ago, car720 said:

No question about sharing body fluids then. :cheesy:

Yep: one girl infected by the virus will produce no less than 5000 new girls freshly infected...

Thai Smart World.

3 hours ago, elgenon said:

Yes, that is where the hotties went. Can make more money.

Thailands finest export commodity, bless their little cotton knickers............  Could you imagine if all the countries around the world got miffed with Thailand doing all this farang hunting and then started deporting all the illegal "workers" in the same manic way back to Thailand.........It really would be a case of, "Buy one get one free, or maybe two"........    Something about people who live in glass houses and throwing stones comes to mind.....

• Haha 1