Covid-19: Put Thai prostitutes returning from Korea on an island in quarantine, social media goes ape as 5000 set to return

webfact

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Ever visited a bar beer or a massage parlour?

I am sure they look different when flying home, than they do at work.

Masage parlour yes, but not a "happy ending one"

Beer Bar yes twice was enough, went out of curiousity, and no did not "borrow from the library"

South Koreans are given 3 months visa exempt into Thailand which is too generous.

This coupled with the Thai returnees are going to increase the virus count for Thailand.

It's time Thailand restrict South Koreans to one month visa exempt which it gives to most countries in the world.

I used to live next to a South Korean and they are notorious smokers.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayaout said:

You can't make this <deleted> up. On another note, I'm sure many well respected members of this forum would volunteer to spend 14 days on said island to help ensure the girls stay [w]healthy.

Considering it came from a website called Drama-Addict theres every chance someone made it up.

What I find quite interesting is that "Social Media" which I presume means Thai social media is demonstrating that the occupation of "sex worker" is demonstrably less tolerated that many would suggest.

It would  also appear to be that a generalized  social opinion that all Thai workers who have illegally or legally stayed in Korea to work are being assumed to be involved in the  sex industry there. I know two very attractive local young women who have repeatedly  spent 12  months there working legally in agricultural employment earning quite reasonable money as supervisors. If now were to return as part of a large exodus I am wondering if they would be considered indistinguishable from others in terms of  social opinion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since my post has been erased. I will ask again the same question.

Why people would bother about thai prostitutes, possibly infected, coming back from South Korea, more than Korean, Chinese, Italian (endless list) possibly infected, arriving in Thailand as tourists (or business trips, or whatever) ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

You can't make this <deleted> up. On another note, I'm sure many well respected members of this forum would volunteer to spend 14 days on said island to help ensure the girls stay [w]healthy.

Not me.

• Haha 2

2/3 years ago we were told that nobody was going to be allowed to go to Korea unless there was a written job offer or people could prove they were going for a holiday by showing adequate funds, return ticket etc etc.   Does that mean all these people have been there longer than that or was that just another fairy story ?

2 hours ago, petedk said:

Every single country except..... Thailand.  There are no prostitutes in Thailand. I seem to have heard that said many times. What will all these poor girls do? 

They will get poorer of course but a new influx may mean lower prices.  However; in this crazy place prices actually go up when sales are not good or there is a surplus of something !

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

2/3 years ago we were told that nobody was going to be allowed to go to Korea unless there was a written job offer or people could prove they were going for a holiday by showing adequate funds, return ticket etc etc.   Does that mean all these people have been there longer than that or was that just another fairy story ?

Most likely they paid 'agents' to sort out their papers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

I think I might take my chances!

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Weird is an understatement but whats mind boggling is the amount of illegal workers. They need to adopt the thai system with fancy cars to track these people down in future but this would actually be a real job where as here its just a couple farang every once and a while doing petty things.

The smart Hyundai immigration cars?

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Awww... come on... a less scandalous headline would never receive the same degree of outrage. Don’t let common sense get in the way of headline fit for conspiracy guzzling netizens... 

sorry, I don't believe this garbage, where are the results of where they questioned every national that is in Korea..

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Weird is an understatement but whats mind boggling is the amount of illegal workers. They need to adopt the thai system with fancy cars to track these people down in future but this would actually be a real job where as here its just a couple farang every once and a while doing petty things.

Nice points and no easy one size fits all answer.

5,000 in Sth. Korea alone (and more because there will be plenty who want to stay), therefore world numbers would be staggering.

There's no doubt some women and men enjoy this work but IMHO the majority do it because it's their only option to get enough funds for better education fo their kids etc., etc. 

Always comes to my mind that if there was a much smaller gap between the rich and the poor then this would make a big reduction in the numbers of Thai sex workers.

The Thai government (any Thai government) can (and should have decades ago) introduced laws and policies to reduce the gap as seen in many many countries.

But they haven't.

Why, the answer is well known, the greed and values of the rich.

Roll on students, push for many changes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am still wondering how they will identify them as prostitutes 

Will they check all incoming luggage and those with more underwear,gstrings,  sex toys, masks, handcuffs whips etc be the ones quarantined?

They have the LOOK.....  

The look of "love"
Is in your eyes
A look your smile
Can't disguise...
Edited by watthong
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

Why people would bother about thai prostitutes, possibly infected, coming back from South Korea, more than Korean, Chinese, Italian (endless list) possibly infected, arriving in Thailand as tourists (or business trips, or whatever) ?

The concern is many Thais returning to their families in thousands of villages throughout the country after familiarizing with large numbers of South Korean locals. 

• Like 2

5,000 Thai prostitutes (maybe more) in South Korea. Sounds like South Korean immigration need to learn from their Thai counterparts and invest in 'Smart Cars', they will have them rounded up in no time.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rabas said:
43 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

The concern is many Thais returning to their families in thousands of villages throughout the country after familiarizing with large numbers of South Korean locals.

For this virus, sitting in the same plane/cruise ship/meeting-class-hospital-church room is enough for familiarizing. COV19 is not an STD sexually transmitted disease, unfortunately.