Covid-19: Put Thai prostitutes returning from Korea on an island in quarantine, social media goes ape as 5000 set to return

webfact

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

ok i will try again.

this is a serious topic as I know two girls who go back and forth to Korea and Taiwan all the time. 

the last I saw one was in December and she was sick as a dog. 

that is why my house is on lock down since the beginning of the virus outbreak.

Live by the sword etc etc.

59 minutes ago, macleans said:

The translator for Thaivisa News is at it again. According to the original article on Thairath, they are "illegal workers," not prostitutes.

Perhaps translation is incorrect.. reality a good percentage are ladies of the night..

38 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Rhetorical question, but: what does Thai foreign affairs have proposed for all these people, that have broken/abused foreign immigration rules/laws.  One more straw on camels back, if they simply smile and do nothing.  Wonder why some fellas have issues getting a visa for their Thai GF or wife...?

Make them a member of parliament.

30 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

If I could shoot you people through the computer, I would. Bang.

Regardless of the actual content of the ThaiRath article, and whether the Thais in S. Korea are sex workers, farm workers or Fab workers, these are the victims of human trafficking, and this group is making poor comedy out of them without even a thought to that fact.

It is difficult to address this topic in Thailand, because of the parties involved in human trafficking. But please open your eyes to the problem and have a care. The commentary here today is shameful.

Absolute unmitigated nonsense. People travel of their own free will to work. Are you seriously suggesting 5000 Thai girls were taken against their will and forced into prostitution in S Korea?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

How do i apply for a job on this island? anyone? willing to work for free...

1. Choose your preferred position,

2. Apply for a work permit, 

3. Stick to terms and conditions 

4. Enjoy

Perhaps it would be a good idea for the Thai Immigration Authorities relax their visa rules for the time being, next week my 90 day Thai visa comes to an end, Immigration Officials tell me I must leave the country then I can get a 30 day extension when I return so rather than getting the appropriate stamp at the Immigration Office I must leave Thailand even if it’s only for one day, where would I go, China maybe.

The Thai government have not lied about no prostitutes in Thailand, because they were all in South Korea, it was only the ladyboys who were in Thailand.

There was a song back in 1958 by Tommy Steele "I'm The Only Man On The Island"

21 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Rhetorical question, but: what does Thai foreign affairs have proposed for all these people, that have broken/abused foreign immigration rules/laws. 

Unless they have broken Thai laws, the Thai judical system has nothing it can or should do to anyone

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

2/3 years ago we were told that nobody was going to be allowed to go to Korea unless there was a written job offer or people could prove they were going for a holiday by showing adequate funds, return ticket etc etc.   Does that mean all these people have been there longer than that or was that just another fairy story ?

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Most likely they paid 'agents' to sort out their papers.

Yes I was told it's 60,000 - 70,000B each inc flight ticket

How far will this corona craze go on? If the majority are prostitutes, chances are far greater that they carry Aids or other VD's then the virus. But coming from there, it makes sense to check them on a healthy body.

I really don't understand this crazy mentality. We are being checked on flights on metal, liquid etc. Due to the terrorist attacks in New York. But far more dangerous are the viruses we might carry. Nobody is checked for that (it all costs money). Or is it? 

I was a cabin attendant before I retired in 2012 and I was here in Thailand when SARS was an issue. I have been in Hongkong during the Bird-flue and not once I was checked. As far as I know I never became ill, never walked with those useless face-masks as well.

In Germany were three cases of corona (probably more now) and a great deal of the 83 million Germans panicked and started shopping for the armageddon to come.

Just being rational. Those prostitutes and anybody coming from any country should be checked upon diseases. Go to Australia or the USA, nobody is allowed to carry vegetables or fruits into the country. But the people who fly into the country can do so without being checked. It is for the good of everybody that anyone flying from one country to another gets a check-up. The same for ship and any other means of transportation. That's the only way to keep unwanted diseases away or in check.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am sure they look different when flying home, than they do at work.

Masage parlour yes, but not a "happy ending one"

Beer Bar yes twice was enough, went out of curiousity, and no did not "borrow from the library"

You'll be swearing next ......

• Haha 1

Uhhh, not all these are sex workers, though that makes for much splashier headline. There actually are Thai masseuses in Korea that do not offer the special massage. Not to mention the farm workers ????????????