Regular police show up at my house

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I usually give them a hard time. They usually let me go. They do not want to deal with people who give them a hard time. They are local franchisees, working the franchise. They are looking for easy marks. I find as foreigners, for whatever reason, they tend to give us alot of leeway. I have literally just driven away from a police stop, after trying to negotiate a reasonable fine. They stuck with 1000 baht. I just drove away. When I looked in my rearview, they were screaming at me. But, nobody followed me. And even if they had, so what? Not like the US where they would likely shoot you. 

Be the shark.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe there was an accident with a truck and a farang and now they make lots of pictures to show them to the (possible) victim.

That could also be a possibility.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Tagaa said:

Can these people not communicate with each other?

They also can't speak a word english, (the immigration police who do house visits).

And they don't know how to behave in a farangs home, like shaking hands and telling your name...

They just love to waste your time, i had to show them loads of pics of me and my wife in the house, when they came we had to make exact same pictures again....

They wanted me to bring a neighbour to be interviewed by them which i did (they had to take a holiday for that, each of them) and when they arrived at our home the neighbours had to be here again!

So frustrating, like i'm the biggest criminal ever.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Mister T said:

This has been going for a while now. Local cops have been told that they must know what foreigners are in their jurisdiction in case something happens to them. Naturally they have to have pics to prove to the boss that they have contacted you. Nothing sinister at all, smile and be friendly, it may help in the future.

Do you think they know me... Mr T?  ooh that rhymes