Thai police in virus announcement: Liars, people who refuse treatment or don't quarantine face 20,000 baht fine

webfact

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

And what if they cannot pay the fine throw them in prison which is already riddled with other diseases “ Amazing Thailand “

So what would you do, put them up against the wall ?

50 minutes ago, Logosone said:

people who refuse treatment or don't quarantine face 20,000 baht fine

Well, if they get caught. As we've seen with the Thai prostitute returning from SKorea and hitting Chiang Mai nightspots hard, laws are one thing, enforcement quite another. 

By all accounts that woman has deleted her accounts, gone into hiding and is beyond the reach of law enforcement. 

Even if they wanted to impose a 20000 Baht fine they wouldn't be able to.  Noone can find her. 

We'd better ask Peter Noone where she is then. By all accounts of of those Hermits.

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Less than 3%? Are you quoting Trump?

Population of Thailand 69.8 million.

Dead of the virus in Thailand 1

And he had dengue fever anyway

And if it was more than one, and the government had somehow stopped medical staff and family and social media reporting, which they can't, the number would still be a tiny, tiny fraction of 1%.

China is a different story to some extent, but how many dead out of 1.4 billion?

Not quoting Trump, but international news media. Now, tell me the entire world's media is covering up.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's nice that the CSD police posted something on their website.

It would have been nicer (and more effective) if they had gone out and promptly arrested all the Korea returnees who were out on the town and posting online about it instead of staying home under quarantine.  Pay the 20,000 baht fine or stay in jail a few days.

That, I think, would help get the message across a whole lot better than some website post.

But, this being Thailand, most likely ain't ever gonna happen!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, johnhw said:

Corruption everywhere, see many here. Simply beats me how Falangs, from a Western culture that just 12 years ago damned near put the entire world into financial failure, can complain about a cop with his hand out.

Face it, when it comes to major greed, Thais are amateurs.

You got it all wrong. Prosperity stems from free enterprise under the rule of law. With a totally corrupt law enforcement gone is the rule of law. Hence the sorry condition of Thai masses. The 20000 THB fine will have no other effect than having more money flowing up the RTP pyramid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And if it was more than one, and the government had somehow stopped medical staff and family and social media reporting, which they can't, the number would still be a tiny, tiny fraction of 1%.

China is a different story to some extent, but how many dead out of 1.4 billion?

Not quoting Trump, but international news media. Now, tell me the entire world's media is covering up.....

Italy confirmed cases stand at 3,800 with 148 deaths, which is around 4%  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police in virus announcement: Liars, people who refuse treatment or don't quarantine face 20,000 baht fine

In control of nothing... fining people means they have slipped through the "closed net" and got straight back into society!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mung said:

What measures and precautions are taken globally to stop the flu? Are social events cancelled? No. Are people screened at airports all day every day? No. Are work places closed and sanitised? No. Does the public for the most part start washing their hands with sanitiser periodically? No. Are flights cancelled and grounded to certain areas? No.
The flu virus is left to do it's thing and outbreak wherever it happens to. If the same was applied to this virus then things would be very different right now, and a huge amount of people would have been infected. I don't understand how people such as yourself can't grasp that logical common sensual concept. WHO has stated the CFR is 3.4%, the flu is at 0.1%. The R0 of the flu is 1.3, the R0 of COVID-19 is 2.4. If you also cannot grasp simple math then you're a lost cause. 

You should read a bit more from Ian Lipkin, who is an expert in this matter. The current figures for COVID are not the complete picture as they don't have a clue yet how many are infected but don't show any signs. So the percentage of deaths will drop significantly.

Keep your foul mouth to your self please.

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mung said:
28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Italy confirmed cases stand at 3,800 with 148 deaths, which is around 4% 

But this thread is about what the authorities are doing in Thailand, and it is where I live and where I am concerned about. Or not, to be more accurate. One dead person who was sick anyway out of nearly 70 million. Pretty good odds of survival, I'd say.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You should read a bit more from Ian Lipkin, who is an expert in this matter. The current figures for COVID are not the complete picture as they don't have a clue yet how many are infected but don't show any signs. So the percentage of deaths will drop significantly.

Keep your foul mouth to your self please.

That is a given because many people will have mild symptoms, and a rare few without any symptoms. However as more people are infected hospitals are going to get overrun. The people who do require hospitalisation are not going to have it. When people are critical or seriously ill with this virus, they need a team to work on them around the clock. People need to be on ventilation often require 1 on 1 care in normal situations, but this isn't going to be a normal situation obviously, as modern day society has never faced such a situation yet. And so as those people are denied medical care because there aren't enough facilities, people or meds to go around, the death rate will increase from those factors 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

But this thread is about what the authorities are doing in Thailand, and it is where I live and where I am concerned about. Or not, to be more accurate. One dead person who was sick anyway out of nearly 70 million. Pretty good odds of survival, I'd say.

You really think that it is already over? The UK is making contingency plans for up to 20% of the population being infected and you think Thailand has it all sorted with just one fatality. No one knows how this will pan out but one thing is for sure - ignoring it is not an option (unless you are a hermit).

• Like 1

lol... wake up people... this is war 2020... you think this came from a market..lol...all this talk of what gov say...what china is saying and you base your words on these facts....the only true fact is no one is telling the truth so all your bitching and pissing and moaning is for nothing ... that is the fact of truth....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I know. You have to tell the government here, not me.

Covid tests should be free for everyone with symtoms. It's not about single people who might  die, it's to protect everyone around them. Charging for that stuff in a country where most people are broke will cost many many lives.

As it has an incubation (no symptoms) period of 14 days, your tests will be a fortnight behind the virus.

34 minutes ago, chang1 said:

I hope you remind your words when you have grown away from the diapers.

34 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic. 

Ok, I have just seen to much people here that are nonchalant both to the virus and to older people, thats why i react.

13 hours ago, Andartecca said:

Guys im worry now one technicien from aïs come yesterday to my  home to install internet in my condo 

Today he was call me and he was sick and have fiver

What I sould do now ? 

Be thankful he got the internet up and running before he got sick? 

Edited by metisdead
Oversized emoji removed.
  • Haha 1

I find this site getting more and more like the old guys in the Muppets.  The Thai government could give everyone of you guys a million baht and visa free and you would still bitch and complain.  At least they are trying.  Before you fall off your high chairs think what would happen if you were in Wuhan flew back to your home country via a different country and lied

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1