Alcohol-based hand sanitisers declared a controlled product

rooster59

I have the feeling most hand gels used in Thailand contain more perfumes than anything else. I miss that cooling effect and smell typical of alcohol or rubbing alcohol. Wouldn't it be better if solutions were sold instead of "gels" that make your hands sticky?

22 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

I have read reports in the US press of Hand Saintizer being sold for $100 a bottle in NYC. Good for thailand to take that step.

Stop reading CNN dude!  I was in Manhattan 3 days last weekend. It’s cheap and available everywhere. The hype and lies are actually everywhere too.  

I've got a bottle of Colloidal Silver in the cupboard.  Is that any good as disinfectant???                                And my brother suggests peeing on your hands would also work as the uric acid will kill the virus.                                                 At the women's hair and beauty supply shops in  LOS they have bottles of Blue alcohol...normally! 

Edited by Grumpy John

Some better education would work better.

It's BETTER to wash hands with soap and water - if you're out shopping etc. 

If you handle a door, or escalator rail, then it's okay to walk to a toilet and wash your hands... only occasionally do you actually NEED the sanitizer... but Thai's just hoard the stuff and assume it works better than washing.

Actually washing hands is better, because it doesn't simply kill the virus on your dirty hands - it just washes them clean. I picked up a litre of isopropyl alchohol - 175 baht - no need for expensive gels, just add your own aloe/perfume and put some in a small bottle for your pocket.

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The way it's typically done is the bottle is a standup pump dispenser bottle you, or a store etc., sets on a counter/table etc. You walk up, press down the pump button with one hand to squirt the gel onto your other hand, and then rub both hands together. So in that case, you're never actually holding the bottle with unclean hands.

I was referring to the ones you carry around which aren't the pump variety

18 hours ago, justin case said:

saturday day night live had some common sense

hand sanitzer kills 99,99 percent of germs

what happens with the 0,01 percent

seen as a joke

but HUMANS are more bacteria than human cells

you get an overgrowth of the dangerous bacteria that survived and now can multiply

GOOD OLD SOAP BAR is much better than this alcohol fake thing

but most people will not get it anyway, that people have a lot of bacteria in/on their body,that protects them

That's right if you use hand sanitizer it CAN lead to the bad stuff like Streptococcus and the like gaining the upper hand on your hands so to speak,on the other hand when we are out and about how do we stop our hands picking up viruses? We can't so we have to kill them the only way as far as I know is to use minimum 60% alcohol sanitizer if no soap and water is to hand.

Travelling around Bangkok I will be using the sky train handling coins and pressing buttons to get tickets,reading price tickets and labels on stuff,sliding my hand down stair and escalators rails and then scratching my beard etc and so on.The stuff I have used that stores put at their entrances certainly don't have the feel of the sanitizers that I brought with me from the netherlands.one is a 86% professional cleaner I got two 500ml bottles but I thought it might be risky to put one in my soft luggage bag,it's like ice and then evaporates.

I’m going to continue with a hand cleaning regime even after this Covid-19 crisis is over; it’s really had me thinking about how many of the locals root around in their noses and leave boogers on shopping cart handles etc