Your opinion please

damo

58 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what part of Australia you are from. "Don't come the raw prawn" or " Coming the raw prawn " are both accepted forms of use.

On the other hand, Google "Don't go the raw prawn" and I get nothing.

Come the raw prawn 5555

Nope

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

BREAKING: Three new cases in Thailand. Official #COVID19 update in #Thailand on Tuesday: ????53 people infected (+3 change) ????33 discharged (no change) ????19 in hospital ????1 with severe symptoms ????1 dead

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1237232883066114050

you need to go out and have a break, Im not  far from you in a remote  place

For all the talk about fudging numbers, we are yet to see masses of people turning up at the hospitals with severe respiratory failure.

its been a fair while now, if it was going to happen it would have happened.

no evidence to this date....at least for now.

in wuhan the hospitals were swamped, but wuhan at that time was bitterly cold, it’s possible the temperate weather with little wind is not favorable for virus transmission.

certainly in brisk cool air these things thrive and spread more easily.

thailand, I hope, might be a little lucky. Which is why Iceland, with few Chinese visitors has such a high rate........conditions it seems do play a part in all of this.

Edited by namatjira
  • Like 2

OP would be well advised to postpone traveling. We are now seeing large employers in  the EU and North America implementing rolling two week no business travel, no large meeting instructions. (Every 2 weeks a  decision is made). The modelling that I have seen shows the pandemic severity  increasing well into May, with Asia Pacific  implicated.  

The unfortunate  aspect of Thailand is that its data is not reliable. It is statistically impossible that after so many people entered Thailand from China that the infection was not brought with those people. This is what happened elsewhere.  The  numbers for japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan and South Korea are reliable. They show  similar patterns of infection. Yet, Thailand shows almost no infection.  It defies reason that Thailand which had more exposure to the virus had a lower  number of infections.

The general consensus is that Thailand has suppressed the numbers or, truly does not know since it does not extensively test for infections in the same reliable manner as the aforementioned Asian countries.

Your concern of  quarantine is legitimate. I expect that we will soon see 14 day quarantines for all travelers. We are seeing it now as a recommendation from employers.

12 hours ago, Yinn said:

Did you read the OP? Drama so much. For what?

He he said he NOT SCARED about coronavirus. He worry about air ticket Thailand because Malaysia might change the rule. 

My advice to OP. You more safe in Thailand than Australia.

Thailand act quickly, we test early. First one to find coronavirus outside China. 

Only one death in thailand. 3 already last week in Australia. 

I not think the Malaysia government will panic.

Welcome to Thailand sir. Enjoy your holiday! 

You say Thailand  test early. Please share with us the data, since Thailand  does not seem to have the data  available.

Do you know how many  SARS Cov-2 diagnostic tests are  given on any given day in Thailand?  It takes time to validate a lab for the type of testing done, and I am at a loss to understand how Thailand had this capability when  other countries like Australia, Canada, france, UK did not. Just how many lab tests  can Thailand do in a given day and what is the turn around time on those tests? 

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Thailand is one of the least affected countries by coronavirus so far. Looking at SARS Thailand did everything right and had a grand total of 2 deaths. Yes, Covid19 is more contagious even though mortality is lower, yes a Covid19 breakout could always happen anywhere in the world, including Thailand, but the odds would be small this happens during your holiday window.

It is also extremely unlikely that all travel in and out of Thailand will come to a halt.

If you were stranded in Thailand it certainly would not be in dire circumstances, there are world class resorts here, superb malls, everything from French bread to Aussie corn fed beef and all in between.

But I think that is extremely unlikely.

I'm in Thailand now and it's actually a very good time to come, less crowded and more pleasant as all the scared people stay away.

Personally I would not travel now but if you did I would think you'll be fine.

Least affected?  How do you know? Thailand  has not been  testing as other countries have done. The country doesn't have the lab facilities to  perform the thousands of lab tests needed  every week.

It is very likely that travel to and from Thailand will be interrupted when travel restrictions come into effect. Airlines have been reducing their routes and capacity. The data from Thailand  IMO is unreliable and I don't think anyone in the public health system  elsewhere is fooled. 

• Like 1

It’s when people turn up at the hospital dying that’s the measure.

most people seem to have little problem with this virus.

as mentioned, Thailand does not have these cases in great numbers swamping the hospital capabilities......

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what part of Australia you are from. "Don't come the raw prawn" or " Coming the raw prawn " are both accepted forms of use.

On the other hand, Google "Don't go the raw prawn" and I get nothing.

maybe its " beware the raw palm"  ?

42 minutes ago, namatjira said:

For all the talk about fudging numbers, we are yet to see masses of people turning up at the hospitals with severe respiratory failure.

its been a fair while now, if it was going to happen it would have happened.

no evidence to this date....at least for now.

in wuhan the hospitals were swamped, but wuhan at that time was bitterly cold, it’s possible the temperate weather with little wind is not favorable for virus transmission.

certainly in brisk cool air these things thrive and spread more easily.

thailand, I hope, might be a little lucky. Which is why Iceland, with few Chinese visitors has such a high rate........conditions it seems do play a part in all of this.

Severe respiratory failure is restricted to the old, and those with compromised immune systems. On current reporting, 3.5% death rate. 200 people attending any hospital in Thailand, 7 people at risk of dying. With the attendant possibility of being diagnosed as something different.

I'd like to think you are right about warm temperatures limiting the spread of COVID-19; however, it has been so difficult to predict the spread because some carriers are asymptomatic.

How do you go about curing someone who is showing no symptoms?

Usually I don't post my most guarded secrets of how to survive and flourish here in Thailand,  but

I don't think i need worry on this one.  Pretty sure everything is going to real quiet for the near future,

with few tourists and most locals home on their trusted computers.  

So,  I think that I should be quite safe driving to the beach (not telling which one ???? ) 

Heck, if i see a Chinese tour group I will just pass that rest area...  With everyone "home"  it should be

a cool ocean breeze to avoid contact with the outside world.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Coming the raw prawn? I hope not. The saying is dont go the raw prawn.

Its actually dont come the raw prawn with me.

Op, no way would i travel. You risk 2 weeks quarantine in both countries and what if just one person on your flights have it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

My GF is urging me to avoid areas in Chiang Rai, such as the Night Bazaar and Jedyod Road. She is street-smart and keeps well informed. According to her, there are people dying in Chiang Rai and nearby villages from coronavirus. Deaths in the villages are not being reported.

So who do I believe, you or her?

You should believe POTY. News you can trust! 

Maybe is true, but everyone have name. Ask you girlfriend the name, I will search social media see if true.

Have stupid gossip in Ranong two day ago. The 19 year old boy die because coronavirus. The true story is he have the fever, went Phuket for test. People on TVF also stupid gossip. 

I think most farang here not understand about the thai social media. Is very strong. You see all the thai people talk all day, everyday. If somebody die coronavirus the government can not control same you imagine. They can not hide face mask story from social media, hide dead people is impossible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

Not the same in every country because countries like Italy are testing as many people as humanly possible,.

Countries like banana republic Thailand are testing as little people as possible.

Thailand the first country out of China to test the positive person.

More people test in China than USA. USA have lot dead from coronavirus now. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

Least affected?  How do you know? Thailand  has not been  testing as other countries have done. The country doesn't have the lab facilities to  perform the thousands of lab tests needed  every week.

It is very likely that travel to and from Thailand will be interrupted when travel restrictions come into effect. Airlines have been reducing their routes and capacity. The data from Thailand  IMO is unreliable and I don't think anyone in the public health system  elsewhere is fooled. 

Well, obviously the John Hopkins Uni dashboard.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Thailand is at the very bottom of death cases. Only one death.

One death and 53 cases. Even if your lab deficiency argument were true (and there is a lab where I live in Chiang Mai) obviously in the case of deaths, which represent a fraction of actual cases since most people survive covid19 anyway, it would certainly be possible to test the small number of deaths. So the figure for deaths would be a A LOT more accurate than the number of cases.

So whatever objection one may have to the case figure, the number of deaths would be much less likely to be wildly inaccurate.

And there has been only one death in Thailand, the lowest figure of all countries in the death table.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You make me laugh Yinn, really, I enjoy a good laugh, especially in this current environment.....thank you.

I found this on Google.

How to remove brainwashing?

Heal From Brainwashing by Following a Formula

1. End Your Isolation. The quickest way to overcome any fear you feel is to open up to a therapist, social network, online group, club, friends, or family members about anything. ...
  2. Educate Yourself About All Types of Abuse. ...
  3. Accept Painful Thoughts and Anxieties.

Good to see get help now for your problem.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

There is no drama in realizing the dangerous possibilities of the virus. Something that you seem to be totally oblivious to. Not that I had expected anything else from you, though.

He is not scared. No, but maybe he should be instructed to have respect for it.

You do not know if he is safer in Thailand than in Australia or any other country. That is because you do not know who is giving the right numbers and who is hiding the real numbers. You just chose to believe all that your government provide you with. Has that ever been a good way to go in Thailand, disregarding what government is in place?

If you chose to believe it´s only one death in Thailand. Yeah, what can I say? Still up to what you believe, but you do not know for sure.

It´s also very morbid and totally out of place to welcome and recommend a person to bring his family and travel to any country at present time.

At last just a little fact on the side. In a thread when the coronavirus was new, you posted that nobody is going to die of coronavirus in Thailand. Sure! Do you remember that? Even if you are going to hold on to that it is only one, that still means that you were wrong. Bearing that in mind, maybe all readers should be recommended to not trust your posts.

And you, by your own admission, have been drunk since January 12th so maybe you aren't the one to be handing out condescension and advice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Well, obviously the John Hopkins Uni dashboard.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Thailand is at the very bottom of death cases. Only one death.

One death and 53 cases. Even if your lab deficiency argument were true (and there is a lab where I live in Chiang Mai) obviously in the case of deaths, which represent a fraction of actual cases since most people survive covid19 anyway, it would certainly be possible to test the small number of deaths. So the figure for deaths would be a A LOT more accurate than the number of cases.

So whatever objection one may have to the case figure, the number of deaths would be much less likely to be wildly inaccurate.

And there has been only one death in Thailand, the lowest figure of all countries in the death table.

Can I be really pedantic for a second, it's Johns Hopkins, it's a small thing that niggles me, it's just that he was a very famous philanthropist and a remarkable man.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

And you, by your own admission, have been drunk since January 12th so maybe you aren't the one to be handing out condescension and advice.

Yes, and you are evidently "sorry can not write what I want" to understand when a person make a joke.

How does it feel to be so tight?

Edited by Matzzon