Re-entry Permit

15 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Yes, can get re-entry permit any time before departure. It will be good until used or your permitted to stay ends. I get a multi e-entry permit when I get my extension of stay.

How much is a multi? 

Today I got my extension of stay for 1 month. Next month I will get my 1 year extension. I have to fly home the day after tomorrow. How long does it take to get a reentry permit? Can I apply when I am at Suvarnabhumi?

Edited by scoey50

1 minute ago, scoey50 said:

How long does it take to get a reentry permit? I will be flying the day after tomorrow. Can I apply when I am at the airport?

Yes. It's easy process. Which airport. They are slightly different process.

If you can download tm8 and do your photocopy of required pages passport and departure tm6 and photo that will save time. Swampy do it all for you for 200 baht. 

9 hours ago, scoey50 said:

Today I got my extension of stay for 1 month. Next month I will get my 1 year extension. I have to fly home the day after tomorrow. How long does it take to get a reentry permit? Can I apply when I am at Suvarnabhumi?

I got a re-entry permit in Jomtiem Wednesday, took 20 minutes. You can also get one at the airport but use the regular lines, not available at the Premium lines. 

Edited by jacko45k

I am starting to wonder with the way things are going If with my O-A Visa still active when I eave to head to the US. if a re-entry permit might not be a bad idea. My date I need to leave by on the O-A is Nov 19, 2020.  I was only going to be gone for 2 weeks, and upon return my O-A would have been reset and extended until June 2021, However, in light of recent trends I think it might be a good idea for me to obtain a re-entry permit, do you folks agree?

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am starting to wonder with the way things are going If with my O-A Visa still active when I eave to head to the US. if a re-entry permit might not be a bad idea. My date I need to leave by on the O-A is Nov 19, 2020.  I was only going to be gone for 2 weeks, and upon return my O-A would have been reset and extended until June 2021, However, in light of recent trends I think it might be a good idea for me to obtain a re-entry permit, do you folks agree?

The non O-A is a dead man walking visa. Also extensions based on it because of the new nonsense insurance requirement.

Not saying insurance is a bad idea, more that the Thai insurance on offer is useless.

Kill your O-A by leaving Thailand without a reentry permit and reenter visa exempt then obtain a non -O (retirement) at immigration.

This guy has a detailed guide @Peter Denis

Thank you for this information.

I gather if I arrive at BKK 30 mins earlier than required I should be able to get a re-entry permit without a problem. I must get it before going through passport control.

Is it 1,000 baht or more?

5 minutes ago, scoey50 said:

I gather if I arrive at BKK 30 mins earlier than required I should be able to get a re-entry permit without a problem. I must get it before going through passport control.

It is after security in immigration zone 2 just before the departure immigration desks.

6 minutes ago, scoey50 said:

You will pay 1000 baht (single entry re-entry permit) plus a service charge of 200 baht unless you have a completed TM8 form, photos and the required copies of your passport.

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The non O-A is a dead man walking visa. Also extensions based on it because of the new nonsense insurance requirement.

Not saying insurance is a bad idea, more that the Thai insurance on offer is useless.

Kill your O-A by leaving Thailand without a reentry permit and reenter visa exempt then obtain a non -O (retirement) at immigration.

This guy has a detailed guide @Peter Denis

DrJack, for others it may be a dead issue.  I have all the necessary items including Thai insurance as well as my US based insurance, So I will not be obtaining an O visa and then extension.  My Thai insurance has been very useful, and what it does not cover, my US based insurance does after submitting for reimbursement.  Others may be in the boat for an "O" but I am fine.  My post was weather or not I might need a medical certificate to return here through immigration after only being in the US for 13 days, but as of now my Daughters University has stopped all attendance and all is being done online until sometime in April, possibility graduation on June 13th will also be canceled.  The NBA just shut down the entire season, one player has tested positive for COVID, and NCAA Basket Ball tournaments are going on with no spectators.  So The question is will i be stuck in the US until after my Visa technically ends in November, and if so will immigration give me a ME re-entry permit in order to keep the visa alive.

On 3/12/2020 at 1:57 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You only need a re-entry permit when you plan to return after the validity date of your OA Visa has expired.  On return you will then be stamped in again for the 1-year permission to stay that OA Visa entitles you to. 

When you foresee that you will only return after the Visa validity expiry date, then you need to buy a Re-Entry Permit before you leave in order to keep your present permission to stay alive.

On 3/12/2020 at 11:57 AM, ThailandRyan said:

I'm starting to wonder what airlines will, in the near future stop flying or have much reduced frequency.

Yesterday lots of flights available on AirAsia Sydney to Bkk

Today no flights available, I contacted AA, they say everything suspended for a few hours until they make some further decisions.

42 minutes ago, scoey50 said:

I booked on the Air Asia website

I guess Sydney to Bangkok with about 3 hr stopover in Kuala Lumpur.

Did you also get a confirmation for return to Sydney?

In any case, thanks for sharing. Thank you.

Edited by scorecard

On 3/11/2020 at 10:32 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes. It's easy process. Which airport. They are slightly different process.

If you can download tm8 and do your photocopy of required pages passport and departure tm6 and photo that will save time. Swampy do it all for you for 200 baht. 

1200 baht when I did at either bkk airports

10 minutes ago, essox essox said:

1200 baht when I did at either bkk airports

Incorrect. I have done several. Always with filled in tm8 with photo and photocopies from pp that are required. 

If you opt not to, there is service charge 200baht. 

If you had all the above I mentioned and paid 1200 you got ripped.

The main reason I choose to have it all done and ready is to save time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

I guess Sydney to Bangkok with about 3 hr stopover in Kuala Lumpur.

Did you also get a confirmation for return to Sydney?

In any case, thanks for sharing. Thank you.

Bit off topic but here is how airlines work.

Few weeks ago I had DMK-KANSAI cancel by AirAsia along with return flight. Was scheduled fly out tomorrow. Return April 2. 

So I took a credit. A free change of flight offered excluding FLIGHT COST DIFFERENCE. 

Guess what....a week ago I checked available flights same route. 

I can fly tomorrow and return April 1 instead of 2. Wait for the kicker. The flights are double the original price. 

In Oz we use term cockroach. Think Thai call em Peters. A 3rd option would be airlines.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Looks like I wasted 1000 baht, unlesd I can use it in 3 months, can I? 

A SingleEntry Re-Entry Permit is valid until used and keeps your present permission to stay alive on re-entering. 

If you re-enter with less than 30 days on your present permission to stay, you will normally be given the choice to be stamped in for the remainder of that permission to stay or for the 30-day Visa Exempt entry.  When you intend to apply for an extension of stay based on the Visa you have, it is obviously better in that case to choose for the Re-Entry Permit period (otherwise you would be forced to re-apply for a new Visa).  In order to avoid confusion, fill in on the TM-6 entry/departure card your Visa-number and # of days you will be staying on that one.

Edited by Peter Denis

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Looks like I wasted 1000 baht, unlesd I can use it in 3 months, can I? 

Your re-entry permit is valid to the date your current extension of stay ends.

Look at the expiration date on it and it will be valid for use until that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:33 AM, scoey50 said:

Thank you for this information.

get there earlier, one never knows how many other people will want serving. Last time I got one at airports it cost 1200 baht