Suvarnabhumi Airport arrivals dive

webfact

18 hours ago, Creasy said:

All thanks to China 

If this virus did originate truly from China, I believe the world should be able to sue and demand reparation for the damages it has caused around the world. A boy could only hope ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I wonder if TAT are still trying to stick to their suggestion that tourists will only drop by 6 million in the year?

They say worse case scenario 30 million i think they mean 30 million less.

Edited by kwak250
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, timendres said:

Clock shows 11:05. It looks like daylight outside - so 11:05 am.

I arrived last week at 08.30 and it was eerily quiet.

I had my pick of immigration officers.

And outside the cabbies were fighting for a job.

Bad times for all.

18 hours ago, Traubert said:

Pictures taken at 5.30am?

Like the ones taken of the Chinese airlines check in zone last week that claimed to be immigration?

I enjoy being cynical too, as a rule, but on some of these photos you can see an airport clock that says it is about 11 a.m. 

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Airports are 24/7, time.of day really has no relevance anyway.

Definitely still relevant. Even at 24/7 airports, the number of flights coming in or going out between midnight and 6 a.m. is far, far lower than at other times of the day. 3 a.m., for example, is dead, compared to say 9 a.m. or 11 a.m. 

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe you should study the pictures before comment. The is a clock on two of them, where you clearly can see the time. If you then take the insight from the light outside, you will hopefully soon realize it´s a little bit after 11 daytime. I hope that was helpful.

Maybe he didnt know there was two 11 o'clocks in a day

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Waiting for the spin doctors to come out and say it's ok to travel, Thailand only has 50 infected with the Covid-19, of which 31 have gone home, 18 in recovery and doing well with mild symptoms and one died.

50 is a very low number considering it's closer to China than Malaysia and Singapore which reported higher numbers.

As of today, the total number of cases in USA is already over 1000!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Reminds me of "Ripley believe it or not"

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

Maybe if you look at the photos at beginning and end they show the glass windows and daylight outside. How did you make up 5.30 am when its dark until 6-30 am these days?

Maybe if you read the full thread you'd see that that was already pointed out to me and I acknowledged it. Legend in your own head?

Can anyone give an update starting today, what the procedure is for coming to Bangkok from Canada, when you just transit thru Hong Kong and not leave the airport. I am leaving Bangkok on April 28th to Canada and returning to Bangkok on May 12th.

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

It has if somebody question if pictures with a clearly visible clock, showing the time of 11, is taken around 5 in the morning.

It also has relevance due to that there are more or less arrivals and departures during certain time of day and night.

Anyway, thank you for telling me that the airports don´t close. Never knew that before. Also thank you for totally missing the relevance and purpose when commenting my post.

Are you still on that gigantic binge drinking session that you say goes back to January?

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

50 is a very low number considering it's closer to China than Malaysia and Singapore which reported higher numbers.

As of today, the total number of cases in USA is already over 1000!

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The numbers are normally in proportion to the amount of people travelling abroad. There aren't actually that many Thai people travelling outside Thailand. With a population of about 330 million, the amount of people in the US travelling abroad don't have to be that many to reach 1000+ infected.

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Excellent observation. Mr. Traubert  can now remain quietly embarrassed.

Nope. I'm for too cocky for that. You can't believe anything on the internet, including what I say.

Drum roll.....my real name is not Traubert, it's from a Tom Waits song. Who would have thought it? ????

Edited by Traubert
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

So the Chinese and about 14% of the Thai population aren't supposed to celebrate their new year because of the Coronavirus? 

Far fewer than 14% of the Thai population care about Chinese New Year. It's mostly their elders who insist on it. The younger generation sees it as nothing more than an opportunity to eat a lot of food with family. Anyway, your post comes almost 2 months too late. CNY was held on January 25, and at the time, the Chinese government was starting to shut down the country, starting with Wuhan. Seems they didn't get to celebrate CNY.

15 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

When did it ever take 2 hours to get through immigration? 

Already 20 years ago at Don Muang it did. 3-4 years ago it took 3 hours again, at Don Muang, and until about 2-3 years ago when tourist numbers started dropping, it often took an hour to pass through immigration at Suvarnabhumi.

22 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I prefer to believe that someone is pulling my leg, that said, the more I research this, the more I have come to the conclusion that all it is, is another flu virus which is easier to spread and as I have experienced the flu as many have before, and acute bronchitis, chest infection, difficulty breathing etc etc eased by medications, puffers etc etc, I will just take the usual precautionary measures, avoid the crowds, and only go out when required until a vaccine is forthcoming.

We took the trip down south off of the table, but I am going to start it up again, because when you weigh up the road deaths here since the Covid-19 vs the deaths worldwide from Covid-19 it's not all that bad, 2,700 here by road deaths vs 4,200 worldwide from Covid-19, suffice to say better chances of dying on the roads here.

16 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Are you still on that gigantic binge drinking session that you say goes back to January?

Nope, but you surely must be when you could miss such obvious information on the pictures.

• Haha 1