Suvarnabhumi Airport arrivals dive

webfact

It's not just the virus that is shutting down tourism in Thailand.

its been happening for several years.

i know many business owners in Thailand, TAT numbers are total BS. Ask any bar owner, hotel owner, restaurant owner. Has business been increasing for years like TAT says it is. 40 million a year and  creasing.????????

walk around the streets, busy??? Hell no.

i have been in Vietnam for 2 months, the place is slammed with tourists, and for a country that has roughly half of Thai tourism, it only goes to show how false these Thai tourism numbers truly are.

24 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Already 20 years ago at Don Muang it did. 3-4 years ago it took 3 hours again, at Don Muang, and until about 2-3 years ago when tourist numbers started dropping, it often took an hour to pass through immigration at Suvarnabhumi.

I've been around since 1989, and I have never ever waited 2 hours to get through immigration at both Don Muang and Suvarnabhumi. That includes high season arrivals and departures. 

True article. I came back from a 4 day trip to the Philippines 5 days ago and it was dead there. Immigration check in took me 5 minutes. Very pleasant. Then went to Pattaya for 2 days and came back to go to CM. When looking out at the tarmac there were no planes landing except for the occasional one about every 20 minutes and only 2 planes going international taking off in an entire hour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Creasy said:

All thanks to China 

The most common and deadly strain of seasonal flu in your home country is H3N2 and almost always comes from East and Southeast Asia, where flu circulates all year long.

In the fall, people sick with the flu board airplanes in China and Thailand and travel to North America and Europe and seed infections there.

Why would you expect the COV-19 virus to be any different? ????

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

So the Chinese and about 14% of the Thai population aren't supposed to celebrate their new year because of the Coronavirus? 

Considering the mess Italy is in at the moment... and other countries are following fast, what do you think?

Brilliant idea I surmise?

Of course nobody allowed to come to Thailand anymore.

At the moment I stay at the airport in HK, it is impossible to get a flight to LOS because the thai government demands an health explanation provided by a government hospital.

And the hospitals in HL refuse to give it.

So, now in “jail” in HK, for how long??

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

Of course nobody allowed to come to Thailand anymore.

At the moment I stay at the airport in HK, it is impossible to get a flight to LOS because the thai government demands an health explanation provided by a government hospital.

And the hospitals in HL refuse to give it.

So, now in “jail” in HK, for how long??

Go somewhere else. There are many countries where you're still allowed to go. Why do you have to go to Thailand? 

This weekend, I will be spending between 1-7 hours at 5 airports all around the world heading back to America, the home of the brave (ha!) and land of the free (double ha!).

If that doesn't kill me and none of my flights are discontinued and I'm not quarantined or put into an isolation chamber at some concentration camp all along the way, I plan on buying a new car next week, the mighty Toy-oh-tah FJ.

First I will offer -15% below retail asking price.  If they don't go for that, I will offer -10%.

If they refuse that, I will remind them of what happened after the 2008 stock market crash where hundreds of thousands of people lost their jobs in the next couple of years and cut back on budget expenses, including buying a new car.

If Life gives you lemons, add a little sugar baby and make sweet, sweet lemonade.

???? ???? ???? ????

Keep looking up.

Never give up.

Life is too short to take everything so seriously.

And yes, upon arrival I plan on kicking back and partaking of some of Willie Nelson's favourite medicine straight from Mother Earth, where all our treasure comes from.

Jah be praised.

On Earth as it is in Heaven.

Amen.???? ???? ???? ????

600x-.jpeg

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

Its been a while since I was at Suvarnabhumi Airport, but the photos look very much like the departures areas?

It must have been a while buddy, because that's clearly photos of the arrivals area.

As per the article heading ????

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Maybe you should study the pictures before comment. The is a clock on two of them, where you clearly can see the time. If you then take the insight from the light outside, you will hopefully soon realize it´s a little bit after 11 daytime. I hope that was helpful.

Timendres post #6 is a good example of a helpful post without any of the nastiness.

8 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Maybe the arrivals area looks so empty because the people who have arrived are all stuck in the same Immigration queues, 3/4s of which are probably closed as they aren't expecting any more people to arrive anyways ?

We've seen what it's like when everything was normal (line-ups extending out into the hallways, half the Immigration counters not staffed, wait times of hours to get through). I can imagine that if the number of arrivals drops the first thing that will happen is Immigration will cut down on the number of IOs manning the counters to the point where the queues remain full at all times.
(That way it looks like there are more people arriving than actually are.)

Wrong. Immigration is, and has been in my experience, very quick since before Christmas.

Edited by emptypockets

1 hour ago, whooshbang said:

It must have been a while buddy, because that's clearly photos of the arrivals area.

As per the article heading ????

I stand corrected. As said, it is quite  while since I was at this airport, at least 8 years. i just don't remember seeing seating  and some of the other furniture in arrivals. Having said that, I don't hang about in arrivals in any airport, I like to get out A.S.A.P.

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

All the people who kept commenting about the 11 a.m. time proves that half of you folkers don't even read these thread before you post your b n s

Comments on the clock 'gang' same same as collecting Eddie Stobart truck names -get a life folks....

30 minutes ago, Elreeco said:

Comments on the clock 'gang' same same as collecting Eddie Stobart truck names -get a life folks....

30 minutes ago, Elreeco said:

Yeah, just checked again, it definitely says 11.05 on the clock. 

On 3/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Waiting for the spin doctors to come out and say it's ok to travel, Thailand only has 50 infected with the Covid-19, of which 31 have gone home, 18 in recovery and doing well with mild symptoms and one died.

No new cases of of pneumonia from Covid but expect a 5 times increases in cases of "viral pneumonia" which is of course the truth.

• Like 1

I just arrived at Swampy and there are tons of people here.

I tok yhe Bell bus from Pattaya, departed at 06:00, and was almost full.

At Swampy (Departure area) it was as busy ss it normally seems to be.

Checked the Arrivals board and the usual 2 hour window of flights was full with only 1 cancelled flight (Gulf Air from Bahrain - same flight I used to take all the time).

On the bottom floor by the food court it's not so busy though.

Going to go for a wander to the 3rd floor to eat and see how busy it is, or isn't, up there.

20200312_080052.thumb.jpg.8fa0ed3e41a2e9d2bb8450192ce6fe18.jpg

On 3/10/2020 at 3:38 PM, Traubert said:

Pictures taken at 5.30am?

Like the ones taken of the Chinese airlines check in zone last week that claimed to be immigration?

I arrived on the 4th in the afternoon and that looks about right to me.