30 day extension to a 60 day visa (From U.K.)

Good afternoon all!

Ive done a search...but Im still not sure !

Basically. this winter, I shall be entering Thailand, with a 60 day (U.K. issued) visa for Thailand. I want to stay for 80 odd days...I will be staying at a house (as opposed to a hotel)...Is it "relatively easy!"  (Ive visited Thailand many times, so am aware of offices there!) to get an extension?

I "assume" I will go to the Jomtien office (I will be staying in Pattaya)...about a week or so? before my visa expires, get the required froms from the office, fill them in..then hey presto! I will get a 30 day extension? Is it usually as easy as this? or are there any pitfalls I need to be aware off?

Many thanks in anticipation!

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You have it covered. Make sure your hotel in Pattaya does a tm30. 

I wont be staying in a hotel though! Hence the question!

i will be staying in a house..........If staying in a house were to be a problem...how about if I stayed at a hotel come visa extension time?

34 minutes ago, welshguy said:

I wont be staying in a hotel though! Hence the question!

i will be staying in a house..........If staying in a house were to be a problem...how about if I stayed at a hotel come visa extension time?

The owner or house-master of the house you’re staying at needs to report your arrival at the local office using form TM.30.

Hotels should report online when you check in.

• Like 1

Just now, elviajero said:

The owner or house-master of the house you’re staying at needs to report your arrival at the local office using form TM.30.

Hotels should report online when you check in.

Hmmn!

That may be a problem then!

I will be staying alone at the house....its owned by my Thai ex wife....who will be in England....?

It looks like the "easiest" way to get another 30 days...may well be to just fly out of the country for  couple of days...then get a 30 day visa on arrival back into Thailand?

If I was to say?Stay at a hotel for a week or so, (when it comes to getting the 30 day extension) would this then be "doable"?

Thanks for the reply.

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

No need to fly anywhere or stay. Just cross an official land border and come back. 

Ah Ok!

Thanks for that...I "thought"..if I was to do a "visa run" to Cambodia....that the visa would only be for 7 or 14 days on my return to Thailand? if its for 30 days..................problem solved! ( well apart from sitting on a bus all day that is! lol!).

Many thanks for the reply.

OP, spend one night in local hotel that does tm30 prior to visit to imm.

Reading your post above you obtain 30 days with border bounce.

As I said just book a hotel in Pattaya for a night. Even ask them to give you copy of tm30 file.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1