Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the United States to fight coronavirus

webfact

Even the best resident cant do anything when the general population behave like asses.

Travelling on holidays, going out when sick, eating out, wearing mask like it s a Halloween costume,

rubbing eyes even while wearing mask.....the list of dumb activities goes on and on.

Even if there are testing kits you cant test 10 minion people all at once and have the results

in a second....there will be people who dont take instructions and they will be the reason this spreads.

Look at the way theyre handling it elsewhere.....in Indonesia....theyre acting like they have 0 cases.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Even the best resident cant do anything when the general population behave like asses.

Travelling on holidays, going out when sick, eating out, wearing mask like it s a Halloween costume,

rubbing eyes even while wearing mask.....the list of dumb activities goes on and on.

Even if there are testing kits you cant test 10 minion people all at once and have the results

in a second....there will be people who dont take instructions and they will be the reason this spreads.

Look at the way theyre handling it elsewhere.....in Indonesia....theyre acting like they have 0 cases.

So what are you saying? Even the best resident? 

• Sad 1

Trump had photo taken with infected Brazilian official but does not plan to get tested for coronavirus

A senior Brazilian official who dined and was photographed with President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence last weekend in Florida is infected with the coronavirus, marking the closest known contact between Trump and someone carrying the highly communicable illness that has shuttered many aspects of daily life across the globe and cratered financial markets.

https://www.nationthailand.com/lifestyle/30383981?utm_source=bottom_relate&utm_medium=internal_referral

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

He'll be gone in weeks one way or another by runaway events that he is no longer in control of and a praetorian guard that will abandon him when they see the clear and present danger to the Nation. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/13/politics/trump-coronavirus-statement-markets/index.html

President Donald Trump has grown more and more irate as his attempts to contain the political fallout of coronavirus -- much less the health crisis itself -- continue to fall short, people close to him said.

Trump watched angrily from the West Wing Thursday as stock markets tumbled to their worst percentage loss since the 1987 Black Friday, casting blame on the Federal Reserve for what he increasingly believes is an attempt to ruin his presidency.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/coronavirus-consumes-trumps-reelection-bid-127852

“You could make a strong argument that the only thing that matters to the president’s reelection now is getting the response correct,” said Scott Jennings, who served as a top political aide in the George W. Bush White House. “No rally is going to save you if you are judged as having failed as the president."

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Machine translation of the Brazilian article

TRUMP FACTOR

Curious news circulates in the petit Brazilian presidential committee. Much is said of the embarrassment it would be if the Government's Communication Secretary, Fábio Wajngarten, with confirmed infection, had contaminated US President Donald Trump. But the conversation here in Brasília is different. The entire government summit treats it with care so as not to indicate a suspicion: much of the party has been contaminated in Florida, and worse, at the Mar a Lago resort, owned by Trump. Based on this premise, there is a risk that Trump will be infected, and that he will have passed the virus through personal contact.

The fact is that Trump, charged by the American press, is unconvinced and says he doesn't need a test. It is at least strange, for those who have already blamed Europe for the chaos in health surveillance. Trump would not admit that he was the cause of that Friday the 13th of Brazil.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Exactly like trump says. Nothing to worry about. Go to work, its under control.

Or not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Wanna bet???

We maybe going to learn in real time a lot about the virus and its infectivity. That said even if Trump gets it he will get world beating treatment procedures based on the best evidence , access to the very best drug combos that are showing promise at the moment and access to respirators and top notch equipment as and when he needs it. He is also a strong old beast so has a good starting point immunologically to beat it. Medical procedures that will be denied to many in the coming onslaught of the virus on the US population. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/us/coronavirus-deaths-estimate.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Edited by URMySunshine

On the testing front, meanwhile:

Under heavy fire, Trump administration takes steps to expand coronavirus testing

March 13, 2020 at 7:58 p.m. GMT+7

The Trump administration announced a series of steps Friday to boost the availability of coronavirus testing, which has drawn heated criticism from lawmakers of both parties and frustrated Americans who are sick and have been unable to find out whether they are infected.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/under-heavy-fire-trump-administration-takes-steps-to-expand-coronavirus-testing/2020/03/13/f86b481e-6525-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

And, did a congresswoman get the CDC director to commit to free CV testing for all Americans who need it?  That's what the CDC director said at one point. But whether he really meant it, as the broader article explains, remains to be seen:

‘Not good enough’: How Rep. Katie Porter’s relentless questioning led the CDC chief to commit to free coronavirus testing

So she asked Redfield a third time: “Will you commit to invoking your existing authority under 42 CFR 71.30 to provide coronavirus testing for every American regardless of insurance coverage?” “What I was trying to say,” Redfield tried again, “is that CDC is working with HHS now to see how we operationalize that.”

Disappointment flushed over Porter’s face, as she said he hoped that response would “weigh heavily” on him. 

Edited by metisdead
Edited as per fair use policy.
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.

And, the calculations based on the C.D.C.’s scenarios suggested, 2.4 million to 21 million people in the U.S. could require hospitalization, potentially crushing the nation’s medical system, which has only about 925,000 staffed hospital beds. 

I've seen other U.S. medical community estimates of around 500,000 potential deaths... Obviously, it all depends on how the pandemic progresses, and what if anything the feds and the country do in the meantime.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. 

This thing has only caused many americans abroad to return to the US and bring whatever infections they have back home.

In the meantime not enough test kits or ventilators.

In an interview with  a trump administration official , when confronted that we don't have enough ventilators to meet current requirements, she kept saying that steps were being taking  mitigate the spread so that we will not need them, and when confronted with :yes but according to your own government numbers we don't have enough now" she kept falling back to the administration talking points. 

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

This thing has only caused many americans abroad to return to the US and bring whatever infections they have back home.

In an interview with  a trump administration official , when confronted that we don't have enough ventilators to meet current requirements, she kept saying that steps were being taking  mitigate the spread so that we will not need them, and when confronted with :yes but according to your own government numbers we don't have enough now" she kept falling back to the administration talking points. 

Chinese Americans who visited China, perhaps?

The shi_e started there, somehow possible how the virus got all over the world.

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Everybody’s got to die some time.  Look on this virus as a reduction in death rates afterwards.

The way I see it, if every American shot a neighbour or passer-by who coughed or sneezed

a) in up to 4% of some cases, the person was doomed anyway

b) they were reducing the risk of a global pandemic

c) they were exercising their constitutional rights

d) only Americans, immigrants to the USA and visitors would be affected.

Desperate times need desperate measures.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Some sooner than others.

Those who ascribe to your theory should volunteer to go first. 

I’m on my way already.  I’ve not got a planned date yet, though.  I’m gambling on it not being tonight, because there’s things that I ought to do first, but if it is, c’etait la vie, and my omissions will be other people’s problems.

Do you think you will die?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Some sooner than others.

Those who ascribe to your theory should volunteer to go first. 

You make your own luck in life, I have long taken responsibility for my own health, not in the least bit worried ????

Folks in the past have laughed at me, its like people have laughed at the "preppers" who's laughing at them now? :wink:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, URMySunshine said:

Awwww Guardian just reported...so disappointing for you.....his test was negative.....stop making

up nonsense and maybe self quarantine yourself...

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CGW said:

You make your own luck in life, I have long taken responsibility for my own health, not in the least bit worried ????

Folks in the past have laughed at me, its like people have laughed at the "preppers" who's laughing at them now? :wink:

I also believe in making my own luck and part of it trying to elect  a government responsive to my and my family's needs. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I also believe in making my own luck and part of it trying to elect  a government responsive to my and my family's needs. 

Good luck with that dream, have you not noticed something?

11 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Awwww Guardian just reported...so disappointing for you.....his test was negative.....stop making

up nonsense and maybe self quarantine yourself...

I'm reporting the Guardian as it happens without comment you are adding the spin. Besides I wouldn't believe a word either of those crooks said since you ask !