Thailand reports 11 new COVID-19 cases  - and wait until you read how the infections occurred

webfact

1 minute ago, sahibji said:

no spray is going to help. best form of protection as of know to exercise personal hygiene and regular hand washing with good soap.

Best form of protection is to stay away from everyone.  If I met you on the street, I would assume you have it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sahibji said:

no spray is going to help. best form of protection as of know to exercise personal hygiene and regular hand washing with good soap.

this is the frightening situation because they infections are spreading across borders.

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

sorry but you are totally wrong. i just don't want this kind of info out there without being challenged.

quarantine for those with symptoms will definitely help. why do you think whole of italy is under quarantine?

7 minutes ago, champers said:

There has been a spike in fatal viral pneumonia cases in Thailand, but not Corona virus you understand. 

I live in Pattaya and do not know of anyone in the City catching the virus. I think word would have got out by now. Maybe the climate here is not conducive to the spread of the virus and SE Asia in general seems to have got off pretty lightly.

Viral Pneumonia, a component of COVID19.......more than likely they were never tested....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not Indians....  But certainly not the smartest tools in the shed either, given the CV times in which we're living.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand/thailand-reports-11-new-coronavirus-cases-bringing-total-to-70-idUSKBN20Z0J1

Whats the meaning of a racist?

Popular beings around?

9 minutes ago, sahibji said:

You have made a false statement when you said that no spray is going to help. 99.9% alcohol spray will kill any virus or germs on your hands and it is easier to carry than your cake of soap and your sink and water to wash your hands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yet the Australian F1 this weekend is going ahead !! 100,000 fans in attendance....

Is the rest of the world over reacting or are F1 just trying to limit financial losses by running this race ??

"cash is king" - lewis hamilton (quoted today)

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

You have made a false statement when you said that no spray is going to help. 99.9% alcohol spray will kill any virus or germs on your hands and it is easier to carry than your cake of soap and your sink and water to wash your hands

I totally agree!

I am spraying the inside of me with 43% alcohol as I type, so no worries!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If only 70 people in a population of 70million what is all the fuss about?

I am guessing the number could easily be multiplied by 100.

I agree with OP comments; my Thai wife(57 years old) believing that no, she will not catch it, "I am Thai lady, I ok" She insists we take multiple vitamins every day and all is safe.

12 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

70% alcohol is the preferred concentration for anti viral use.

• Like 2

That wouldn't be a mirror shared instead of glass you know how the mix up these things over here? Depends on who they were I suppose the cigarette sharing is hard to take too how many Hong Konkese share those I wonder? TIT ???? 

If they were seRious they would close down the VFS Bio=Metric data collection centres in Bangkok and Chiang Mai.  These centres are outdated and a serious risk to the Heath and Safety and Transmission of the COVID-19 Virus. Over a thousand people attend these centres daily.  Over Crowding. Lifts, waiting rooms, air-conditioning, document handling and finger print scanners are all source of contracting and transmitting the disease, These centres are outdated and unnecessary as most Thai National hold an e-passport and this data has already been recorded. Any residual identity concerns can be determined by alternative means including a telephone call or even a smart phone app..  Close them down now.

46 minutes ago, champers said:

There has been a spike in fatal viral pneumonia cases in Thailand, but not Corona virus you understand. 

I live in Pattaya and do not know of anyone in the City catching the virus. I think word would have got out by now. Maybe the climate here is not conducive to the spread of the virus and SE Asia in general seems to have got off pretty lightly.

My wife said that a monk told her there was one in Banglamung hospital. that was 3 days ago .

7 minutes ago, bipper said:

That wouldn't be a mirror shared instead of glass you know how the mix up these things over here? Depends on who they were I suppose the cigarette sharing is hard to take too how many Hong Konkese share those I wonder? TIT ???? 

oh you mean it was a straw they shared for ......off of a mirror, not a straw for a coke glass....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

it is a waste of time indeed . you can't protect yourself from this virus.

it is all nonsense of the WHO and idiot doctors who think that the 

world is their laboratory.

you can sanitise busses and streets, you can't wipe out subway railings and

hope it will "kill the virus". those are mostly useless desperate acts. 

this virus will spread around until it disapears. no mask and no quarantine will help.

That's what the German government says. Lets get over it quickly, let's gt 70 % people immunised. Better spend the money and help those who need help.

Edited by peterkroll
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

that doesn't make sense, 99.9% alcohol spray? 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand reports 11 new COVID-19 cases  - and wait until you read how the infections occurred

February 27th to 29th at the party.... March 4th started to feel symptoms.

I wonder how many people those 11 have infected in between times, and then how many those people have been in contact with?

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

that doesn't make sense, 99.9% alcohol spray? 

Especially since the maximum is 96% when in contact with air. It would also evaporate too quickly to be effective. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

70 is more like 7000..... at least

Well do the maths and you will find that with a population here without toruists of about 63 million that is one person in every 9000.  Would you really think of winning a bet on a horse race (if it were legal here) with odds of 9000 to 1 hmm ??  So sure take some easy non intrusive precautions but for goodness sake put it in perspective as it is not a reason to panic, at least not yet and hopefully will not be at all, but lets wait and see how this pans out. 

That is my personal opinion anyway but of c ourse up to each and every one of us how we should act and change our lifestyles over this scare.  Until the figures gets to say less than 1 in a 100 and is thus then truly an epidemic, I will not panic or change my lifestyle and I say that despite that I am in my mid 70s too so in a higher than average risk group and still truly have a lot of good living left in me, I hope.

Anyway take care and just be sensible and I wish you all avoid this nasty bug.

• Like 1

The now infected western countries all had plenty of time, to learn from China, how to take the correct measures against the virus. But nobody wanted to learn anything from China. That is why the virus is now spreading rapidly in Europe and USA. 

Edited by Xonax
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Yet the Australian F1 this weekend is going ahead !! 100,000 fans in attendance....

Is the rest of the world over reacting or are F1 just trying to limit financial losses by running this race ??

They are acting on the advice of the chief health officer