Trump declares coronavirus national emergency, says he will most likely be tested

rooster59

7 minutes ago, candide said:

My mistake! I would have thought that a national emergency would have been justified by current and expected numbers.

well I dont know what the rationale was for imposing it other than freeing up FEMA and $$. Thats what its there for. Bad things happen, you declare an emergency and then money and Feds and choppers and trucks and field hospitals and workers and other stuff gets freed up. Like a tornado or hurricane.

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

By using the 'ignore list' are you not blinding yourself to different opinions? True, some comments makes one mad, but that too has some substance in it.

One need to increase one's tolerance level to learn from other peoples opinions.

Dude Im very selective. Only the true haters whohave nothing to say about Thailand qua Thailand join it. I love different opinions as long as they dont involve hate. There is nothing that I learn from haters and my life is waaaaaaay too great to have to even look at it.

Im sure a whole bunch of additional people would be chiming in in world news discussions if the hate was muzzled. Thats not my call, but I dont feel like lookin at it...

I wish the haters would put me on ignore too. if my posts inspire such hate, they shouldnt be reading them. Hell, I got guys who have been on my ignore list for ages still responding to what I say. What a waste of time, or trolling as the case may be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

well I dont know what the rationale was for imposing it other than freeing up FEMA and $$. Thats what its there for. Bad things happen, you declare an emergency and then money and Feds and choppers and trucks and field hospitals and workers and other stuff gets freed up. Like a tornado or hurricane.

I agree with you, but we have a poster who repeatedly argued that numbers are not bad. It would suggest that a bad thing is not really happening. That's why I am quite confused about his intent.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im increasing my ignore list every day. Its sad that one cant even have a political debate without reading all the screeching hate.

Since there’s are a finite number of TVF members the inevitable outcome of your snowflake reaction is you’ll eventually wind up posting your repetitive accusations of ‘hate/hatred’ based on not actually having read any posts of the people you are hurling your childish invective at.

Please try not to reach that point before November, you have some listening to do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

I agree with you, but we have a poster who repeatedly argued that numbers are not bad. I would suggest that a bad thing is not really happening. That's why I am quite confused about his intent.

I think there is a lot ofpolitical and media hype making this worse that it is, but I would never quarrel with unleashing FEMA.

Brings the market up too.

11 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

A clip that says it all.

Me? Me? Maybe the administration did something, I don't know what this administration is doing, maybe we can ask someone. 

If it wasn’t so sad, you could laugh about how he’s making a fool of himself in front of the world. Like a scene from The Office. Every youth soccer team captain shows more leadership qualities and authority than this chaos president.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude Im very selective. Only the true haters whohave nothing to say about Thailand qua Thailand join it. I love different opinions as long as they dont involve hate. There is nothing that I learn from haters and my life is waaaaaaay too great to have to even look at it.

Im sure a whole bunch of additional people would be chiming in in world news discussions if the hate was muzzled. Thats not my call, but I dont feel like lookin at it...

I wish the haters would put me on ignore too. if my posts inspire such hate, they shouldnt be reading them. Hell, I got guys who have been on my ignore list for ages still responding to what I say. What a waste of time, or trolling as the case may be.

If you put people on your ignore list are you not guilty of being a "hater" yourself?

Do you really dislike haters or is your dislike based on the people they seem to hate?

Don't see you complaining when people post false info about Obama.

I love you by the way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UbonThani said:

No they arent. Most people are smart enough to look at it in real terms.

Trump haters are just sad people. Any excuse to whine.

A 103yo woman lived thru it.

That says a lot.

It doesn’t say a lot....it says simply a 103 year old woman survived it.....one person of higher age. What about all the folks younger than her who did not....now that says a lot.

It says a lot about your intelligence or lack thereof in your supporting a congenital liar. A man who takes no responsibility for his lack of ability in pretty much everything. Has had many of his companies go under leaving people who bought into his <deleted> losing money. Is a confessed sexual predator.....shades of Harvey Weinstein. It’s not that we hate him....we despise him as a fifth rate human being....probably a sociopath (if you know what that means) based on his nasty behavior towards anybody who disagrees with him. 
Please tell us according to you “us haters” exactly what it is you like about this SleazeBall. It must be something beyond his skin and hair colour, and tell us how he is making America great again. “Enquiring minds want to know.”

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

I don't find whataboutism deflections useful at this time.

The left doesn't care about suicide?

Seriously?

The left is for universal health care including mental health and better safety nets.

It's obvious many people off themselves due to economic stress. On that we agree. 

But blaming the "left" for that is truly messed up. 

Lefties never shut up about co2 and now Corona. It's madness.

The left are mad. They continue to ignore more serious problems cause it's not trendy.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Mansell said:

It doesn’t say a lot....it says simply a 103 year old woman survived it.....one person of higher age. What about all the folks younger than her who did not....now that says a lot.

It says a lot about your intelligence or lack thereof in your supporting a congenital liar. A man who takes no responsibility for his lack of ability in pretty much everything. Has had many of his companies go under leaving people who bought into his <deleted> losing money. Is a confessed sexual predator.....shades of Harvey Weinstein. It’s not that we hate him....we despise him as a fifth rate human being....probably a sociopath (if you know what that means) based on his nasty behavior towards anybody who disagrees with him. 
Please tell us according to you “us haters” exactly what it is you like about this SleazeBall. It must be something beyond his skin and hair colour, and tell us how he is making America great again. “Enquiring minds want to know.”

It says a lot about you. Flus often kill people over 100. This monkey flu didnt.

Intelligence?

Err I can see mine stacks up well against the haters on here.

You guys are so full of hate. It's sad really. You never take responsibility for your life. It's not Trump's fault you haters are unhappy. It's your own fault.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

It’s not that we hate him....we despise him as a fifth rate human being

3 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I dont need to justify my personal political philosophy to anyone, nor do I bother to debate someone whose mind is so clouded by hate that I would be wasting my time anyway.

But thanks for your honesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, candide said:

Ok. So Trump is taking credit for something proposed by a Dem politician.

You just can't help yourself. What a sad thing to go through life with. 

Anyway, there are fda changes as well. 

If you had a shred of objectivity, getting rid of the red tape will be a good thing for everyone. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128048

Just now, Sujo said:

Thats why trump supporters are not worth the time. They only believe alternative facts.

Trump says one thing and his supporters agree. Next day he says the opposite and supporters agree.

They just blindly follow. Sad.

Trump fans are happy people. The other mob ie you lot are unhappy and sad.

Cheery day and all

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It kind of defeats the idea of a discussion forum.

No it doesn't. You don't talk to everyone in a pub. You talk to people who are worth it.

You choose books, tv, music. Cant listen to it all so you avoid the cr ap.

Doomsday cults are like Bros or Juston Bieber music.

Better off without it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I have some tips that help me deal with that other, old echo chamber full of irrational pro-Trump screeching on this forum. If you want, I can share them with you.

Why dont you then dude....

PS, an example of pro Trump screeching?..would it be...hey, the stock market hit a new high today. Hey, the USA is energy independent. hey, illegal immigration is going down...hey the wall is being built. hey, looks good for him being relected...hey, isnt life great!

Maybe its the last one thats pro Trump screeching...."Life is Great"...from some proud American guy who is financially secure, voted for Trump, is having a great time, owns guns, portfolio is fat, military is tough....

But hey, enlighten me.

18 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

You just can't help yourself. What a sad thing to go through life with. 

Anyway, there are fda changes as well. 

If you had a shred of objectivity, getting rid of the red tape will be a good thing for everyone. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/13/trump-coronavirus-testing-128048

Yet another link showing that current regulations had nothing to do with the apparently slow rollout of tests. Batting 2 for 2. Well done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

The tests were flawed from the cdc also the methods used to get results. It was never intended to treat nationwide testing. Have a word with yourself, you are looking foolish. 

No FDA changes as you claimed. Get a grip.

Some posts using old Twitter posts and the replies have been removed as this is not a Twitter site and the Twitter posts were irrelevant to this topic as well. 

Insulting troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

Please read the following forum rule and post accordingly:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.