I am doing it.(stocking up)

jvs

8 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Better be safe than sorry.

Screenshot_20200314-112348_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200314-112333_Photos.jpg

Wheres the McCallen? I do  like that Oban though. You are the Prep Winner. Hope you have a Vickers to protect it.

• Like 1

Other than Milk, Bread and fresh vegetables typically I have enough of everything in the cupboards to keep me in supplies for a month....

Driven purely because of the fact I get paid monthly so thats when I shop,I'll be screwed if the <deleted> hits the fan on the 24th of the month though !!

Thinks me might have to double up on my beer and ciggie delivery this month.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1

If you must, then get 2 weeks of water (slowly) and 2 weeks of storable food (slowly) and build up the medications (slowly). You do it slowly so no one notices - and you do not tell anyone - otherwise if/when th shops are closed and people are told they cannot leave their houses, you can guarantee that the word will get out that you have lots of water and food in your place -  all day it will be tap tap on door - "ples misser can I hab sum (water/food) ... for babee". What can you do then?? Say no?? And dont post about it on TV - they will laugh at you ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Wheres the McCallen? I do  like that Oban though. You are the Prep Winner. Hope you have a Vickers to protect it.

BS. I remember your photo of the Sangsom bottle on another thread, stop trying to pretend you are a whisky connoisseur.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

If you must, then get 2 weeks of water (slowly) and 2 weeks of storable food (slowly) and build up the medications (slowly). You do it slowly so no one notices - and you do not tell anyone - otherwise if/when th shops are closed and people are told they cannot leave their houses, you can guarantee that the word will get out that you have lots of water and food in your place -  all day it will be tap tap on door - "ples misser can I hab sum (water/food) ... for babee". What can you do then?? Say no?? And dont post about it on TV - they will laugh at you ????

Water is a good one and easy to do,  Mine is delivered tomoz (8 bottles a month) I'll increase the monthly delivery to 10 bottles and stash the extra 2.

also considering buying some 44gal drums and start storing diesel and petrol.

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

He was innocent till conviction.

But your response shows that as usual, you are talking out your nether regions. Thats fine.

You said he would never be convicted, so your first line has nothing to do with it. So your reply is nonsense.

Edited by FritsSikkink

Just now, ivor bigun said:

I have enough meds for 3 months left,wonder if thats enough or will the world run out?,

I would anticipate it will be over in 3 months, with hospitals no longer snowed under and supply chains being restored. One good thing about the contagiousness of COVID-19 is the speed with which it is propagating.

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I have family in Los Angeles.

They are telling me hand sanitizer and toilet paper are difficult to find.

You don't need toilet paper in Thailand.

It is just for drying your ar5e.

• Like 1

I have been nudging the old lady to start to think about getting some frozen meat and some canned goods in preparation. Already have enough rice and such. But the reality is if it does spike here then the food chains will be stained 100% for sure. After seeing some of the pics, looks like I need to go pick up some 20 year old scotch and cases of beer myself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

BS. I remember your photo of the Sangsom bottle on another thread, stop trying to pretend you are a whisky connoisseur.

Clearly you are an inexperienced drunk. One sips a few fine whiskeys until one feels the buzz, then ya switch to Sangsom because its all numb by that point.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You said he would never be convicted, so your first line has nothing to do with it. So your reply is nonsense.

really, show me the post?

• Haha 1

Just about got my emergency kit ready.  Couldn't find tinned ham like we have in Oz...or Spam at reasonable prices.   The only Spam is on Lazada and I think it's from Sth Korea and very expensive!  Cheese is the last item to buy.   Will store most cheese in The freezer.  There shouldn't be any problem with fuel and gas but the girls have several bags of charcoal.   Electric should be OK, so the fridges will run.  Plenty of bottled water here,  but the village dam is holding up despite the big dry.   We should be OK if there are lockdowns....maybe up to 6 or 7 months. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Well, the medicos are saying with COVID-19 the risk to smokers is much higher. Your life, your choice.

My lungs X-ray clear.

Ive other health issues that are more concern for me.

12 minutes ago, Saraburi121 said:

Stocking up on Beer Leo, hope their supply chain remains strong.

I used to buy 48 boxes at a time (A pallet) and get 2 free in doing so.... I might start doing that again.

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I have read that the  tar lining the respitory system is actually  an effective  killer of invading organisms.

Hope so. Not a good time for me to stop smoking !

I actually think stopping now would be worse for my health than good.