I am doing it.(stocking up)

jvs

11 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I must live on an island of sanity here in Isan, if it wasn't for the internet I wouldn't know about corona, I was checked once at the hospital dentist for fever. No face masks in sight, no panic buying, no hand sanitizers around, nobody talking about 'the harbinger of death', normal life goes on. Only in the big cities are the herds stampeding.

Congratulations you now act like the locals. It also means doing nothing proactive. 

The peoples you see panic buying in other countries are not those who were already prepared. There is a point where they started to feel the heat and it's a very bad timing to start buying a little bit of extra food. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Thanks 1

Why would anyone want to stock up in Thailand, where you can find street food in every soi.  
Maybe a few import items, but nothing wrong with most of the locally produced food. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, thequietman said:

1600637992960_o.jpg

I don't need to stock up on wine because I have about 60 bottles in stock at the moment so that should last me, but I may well be going down to Villa Market today to stock up on some lovely Iceland Steak and Ale pies which I have recently discovered, then onto Food for Foreigners to get some mushy peas and oxo cubes.

No panic buying, just stocking up on a few tasty treats, which give me a break from cooking too many of my "creations", a couple of which have not been up to scratch recently!!!!

I see no need for this panic buying, so will carry on as per normal in this regard

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Congratulations you now act like the locals. It also means doing nothing proactive. 

The peoples you see panic buying in other countries are not those who were already prepared. There is a point where they started to feel the heat and it's a very bad timing to start buying a little bit of extra food. 

panic  buying is  now  well and truly  happening in Bangkok,  reported on the Thai  news

12 hours ago, xylophone said:

I don't need to stock up on wine because I have about 60 bottles in stock at the moment so that should last me, but I may well be going down to Villa Market today to stock up on some lovely Iceland Steak and Ale pies which I have recently discovered, then onto Food for Foreigners to get some mushy peas and oxo cubes.

No panic buying, just stocking up on a few tasty treats, which give me a break from cooking too many of my "creations", a couple of which have not been up to scratch recently!!!!

I see no need for this panic buying, so will carry on as per normal in this regard

Tesco  On Nut Bangkok today

90184554_2891239520911622_9067895539294535680_o.jpg

90187234_2891239837578257_8510396681055895552_o.jpg

90081714_2891239627578278_1573477563995521024_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 6:25 AM, balo said:

Why would anyone want to stock up in Thailand, where you can find street food in every soi.  
Maybe a few import items, but nothing wrong with most of the locally produced food. 

Would agree, but don’t forget a majority of  TV members are American - they only eat garbonzos and chili dogs ( not to be confused with sausage dogs ) 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Chazar said:

Tesco  On Nut Bangkok today

90184554_2891239520911622_9067895539294535680_o.jpg

90187234_2891239837578257_8510396681055895552_o.jpg

90081714_2891239627578278_1573477563995521024_o.jpg

Big C and Makro Patong are as they are in "normal" times, with full shelves, although some b'stard has emptied the shelves of Morrison's Fruit and Nut dark chocolate!

On 3/14/2020 at 10:25 AM, justin case said:

that is the fun part with all those US preppers... pantries full of food ... but in the US, you can own GUNS to defend what is yours... here dirty farangs cannot legally own a gun

What is hilarious is that, in countries lacking all the guns, note the lack of need to have them ... 

• Like 2

Went to Makro (Superhighway) here in Chiang Mai. Busy like a Sunday but no issue with stock. Temperature scanned upon entry. For us, just a normal purchase trip.

Edited by wwest5829

On 3/14/2020 at 9:41 AM, jvs said:

Any one feeling the same or different?

i been telling everyone this for weeks.

don't listen to most of the people here. do what you need to do.

somebody just posted a comment to me that is is all going to be over soon. :clap2::cheesy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i been telling everyone this for weeks.

don't listen to most of the people here. do what you need to do.

somebody just posted a comment to me that is is all going to be over soon. :clap2::cheesy:

ahh I know the feeling. To the people here, make sure to bring cash. The ATMS in makros were out of cash in many stores today.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, PatOngo said:

I've got my stocks!

tumblr_m5bdybidx81rxn0z2o1_400.jpg:cheesy:

Pillow soft :cheesy: did they check by comparison. Hey Jon you think this pillow is better or the paper?. Hang on mate i'll try it again, well the pillow seems more absorbent i'll stick to pillows. (there is a pun there but i ain't bovered.). in recent news pillows are in short supply. :cheesy:

On 3/15/2020 at 9:09 AM, xylophone said:

Why does this fridge only have enough for a week ? I have enough yeast to last a year oh and plenty of fruit and sugar. :cheesy:.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:02 AM, Nyezhov said:

As usual, you are totally wrong. But hey, tell us how many of those cases there are.

Personally, I have a brace of M4s set up with Rails and 3x Trijicons as well as several thousand rounds of ammo and Mag Pul magazines. No one is getting my toilet paper, canned garbanzos and sardines! Molon Labe!

:thumbsup:

On 3/14/2020 at 10:57 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Which is a good thing, because there are enough crazy gun owners in the world already who shoot their relatives, thinking it is a burglar.

Shooting their relatives and pretending it was a burglar, more like it.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 12:12 AM, PatOngo said:

I've got my stocks!

tumblr_m5bdybidx81rxn0z2o1_400.jpg

I don't understand this noise about toilet paper--all my 5 bathrooms have Japanese toilets and water does all the work.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:12 AM, PatOngo said:

I've got my stocks!

tumblr_m5bdybidx81rxn0z2o1_400.jpgl

Why do you use toilet paper in a land where most toilets have a shower in reach. Clean your ass with water for a while and you will not get back to toilet paper.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, milys said:

Why do you use toilet paper in a land where most toilets have a shower in reach. Clean your ass with water for a while and you will not get back to toilet paper.

You just walk around with a wet ass?