Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 82

rooster59

1 hour ago, Canuck1966 said:

They are petrified of a mass panic.

Thais really worry about two things; viruses and tsunamis.

Putrified I read putrified,I've seen some rather putrid conditions in Thailand and it's often concerned me.In 1987 it was the klongs wafting their putrid odours and I thought god forbid if anyone actually fell in that would really cause a putrified panic in myself,I still shudder at the thought.Thankfully they have cleaned up their act somewhat. 

8 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Where's the thousands more asymptomatic? 

Of the 5,173 PUI cases, laboratory results revealed that 3,490 cases returned negative for the COVID-19 virus, and results are pending for remaining 1,683 PUI.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no69-120363.pdf

The "real" figures are hidden in the report. Fact is that Thailand is extremely slow in testing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But yesterday, in the news, some Thai public health official was talking about threatening the guy with a prosecution under the Computer Crimes Act for posting content online that could create public panic, harm to the country,

people on here keep making the point - why do we not hear (through social media) about all the sick Thais that most of us believe there are 

the above pretty much answers that question 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Problem is, they don't give any information on who, where, why etc !!

Singapore is giving clear information on a case by case basis incl contact tracing..

One new case from yesterday was a guy who had been in Thailand just previously...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/13-new-covid-19-cases-including-nine-who-caught-it-overseas-200-confirmed-cases-so-far?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=2#cxrecs_s

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/

There can be persons, I'll presume, within the PUI that are asymptomatic -- but the suggestion was that there were thousands MORE beyond the 5700+ PUI that are asymptomatic and that is where I asked for the link.

Here is the latest from the Korean Air site which seems to have fairly up to date information regarding travel restrictions... Actually find it to be better than any journalism here in Thailand that I've seen.

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS THAILAND FROM KOREAN AIR:

Thailand

• Anyone who has departed from South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy or Iran must prepare the followings. (as of Mar 10, this is not applied to passengers transiting through those countries)
   1) Vaild document for COVID-19 lab test result (negative)
   2) Medical certificate issued within 48 hours to prove that they are negative for COVID-19 : must use the following designated forms in English

Download 1(General Passengers) Open in new window    /  Download 2(Nationals of Thailand who overstayed in Korea and returning back to Thailand) Open in new window 

3) Foreign nationals (except for nationals of Thailand) must present a health insurance document that covers at least amount of 100,000 US dollars.
• All passengers entering Thailand should be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, smedly said:

another TVF medical expert

TVF Arm chair and sofa epidemiologists...  For the bloke talking about how climate may effect CV spread.. here is some other earth shattering advice I found.

If you think you've contracted Corona Virus, go down to the local Gogo, order a Corona beer and two shots of whiskey. The alcohol in the beer and whiskey will wipe it out. It's a wonder the Doctors haven't come up with this cure. The same with the flu and cold. Just drink some whiskey and it will wash your system of all illness!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

This seemed flat for a day or two but is climbing again. (Was 1,504 in the 12 March report)

Depends on how many they send home to wait for results. One could imagine places outside Bangkok aren't as keen to keep people at already full hospitals: https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Their own reports says they have a current backlog of 1700+ people with symptoms who are awaiting final lab test results.

Among these 1700 I hope that most will heal and if unfortunately some will die it will not be coronavirus but a pulmonary infection, so we are not in danger.

17 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

Here is the latest from the Korean Air site which seems to have fairly up to date information regarding travel restrictions... Actually find it to be better than any journalism here in Thailand that I've seen.

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS THAILAND FROM KOREAN AIR:

Thailand

• Anyone who has departed from South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy or Iran must prepare the followings. (as of Mar 10, this is not applied to passengers transiting through those countries)
   1) Vaild document for COVID-19 lab test result (negative)
   2) Medical certificate issued within 48 hours to prove that they are negative for COVID-19 : must use the following designated forms in English

Download 1(General Passengers) Open in new window    /  Download 2(Nationals of Thailand who overstayed in Korea and returning back to Thailand) Open in new window 

3) Foreign nationals (except for nationals of Thailand) must present a health insurance document that covers at least amount of 100,000 US dollars.
• All passengers entering Thailand should be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival.

Does these mean for those that transit through S. Korea, this is a must if coming from say the United States.  I am confused. In order to get the certificate of medical clearance it saysValid document for COVID-19 lab test.  Now how in the hell is one supposed to get that if you can not get tested.  Guess they just signed there end as an Airline (Korean Air).......