Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases, bringing total to 82

rooster59

5 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

It's a matter of perception whether they're "humane". All governments to some extent rely on the "consent of the governed", even autocratic ones. Look at how the Chinese emperor is trying to re-frame the narrative. In today's Economist there's a brief article on how North Korea's ruler is terrified of losing "the mandate of heaven" if Covid-19 runs amok in that country

How can they save the economy its in tatters now due to inept management. Just like the present pandemic.

41 minutes ago, Mung said:

The approach has been questionable. You can't rely 100% on mathematical models. Logic and looking at nations ahead of the UK such as Italy and Spain also should come into play. They talk about trying to flatten the curve of peak infection and push it back, but surely cancelling social gatherings / events, and closing schools would limit contagion. 

They are timing things. It is funny that people think they know better than the experts who have studied this type of thing for decades

• Like 1

2 hours ago, likerdup1 said:

TVF Arm chair and sofa epidemiologists...  For the bloke talking about how climate may effect CV spread.. here is some other earth shattering advice I found.

If you think you've contracted Corona Virus, go down to the local Gogo, order a Corona beer and two shots of whiskey. The alcohol in the beer and whiskey will wipe it out. It's a wonder the Doctors haven't come up with this cure. The same with the flu and cold. Just drink some whiskey and it will wash your system of all illness!

Of all the medicines that do not help when yo get a cold, I like whiskey best.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

Because although Singapore is ruled by an autocratic government, they are still humane enough to want to protect their own citizens. This bunch of muppets think protecting the economy is better than saving lives!

Not until some of the "Thai Elite" mega wealthy who actually run this place get sick with corona virus that the real action to control this thing will start.

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

How many have been tested - 83?

It's that simple. At 7k thb per kit at the moment they simply aren't testing. Labeling cases as viral pneumonia I'd read.

Funny, farang don't bother with masks when not ill. Thais can't be bothered to isolate themselves. Which is worse?

The blind leading the naked

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Vietnam has closed borders for all visitor from EUROPE from tommorow   , Thai doctors medical associations is saying that the virus is being under reported in Thailand and that the government is incompetent and head in the sand .

But truth is that all governments are struggling with this Virus  and the economic and public order issues its not just Thailand .

33 minutes ago, Parsve said:

My I remind you that the average body temperature is 37 degrees C. You are living in a dream.

Completely different kettle of fish. No virus is going to live two hours on a stainless steel railing baking in the Thai sun in April.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Vietnam has closed borders for all visitor from EUROPE from tommorow   , Thai doctors medical associations is saying that the virus is being under reported in Thailand and that the government is incompetent and head in the sand .

But truth is that all governments are struggling with this Virus  and the economic and public order issues its not just Thailand .

I would be interested in a link about the declaration from the thai doctors medical association. 

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Completely different kettle of fish. No virus is going to live two hours on a stainless steel railing baking in the Thai sun in April.

No, but what about an air conditioned office?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

And you aren't going to touch it to be fair!! Your hand will melt to it.

However when it's hot people tend to congregate inside especially in the air conditioned malls in BKK

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

when it's hot people tend to congregate inside especially in the air conditioned malls in BKK

As soon as SHTF the malls, restys, etc will be empty. Thais just haven't wised up yet. It's going to kill the economy. Not just Thailand, everywhere. Could be total economic collapse. No joke.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

Because although Singapore is ruled by an autocratic government, they are still humane enough to want to protect their own citizens. This bunch of muppets think protecting the economy is better than saving lives!

I think they are running around like head-less chickens competely ineffective in looking after their citizens as well as looking after the economy - both go hand-in-hand but they are too stupid to see or appreciate the fact. 

13 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

A virus is in no way alive - apparently this virus is around 30,000 base pairs of RNA .

it hijacks cells - by inserting this genetic information- and therefore instructing the cell to produce more copies .

it may be the case that high temperatures break the bonds between the nucleotides - therefore making the virus unable to invade living cells - such as lung epithelia. 

let’s hope so 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

You are probably right, but at least the places where I use to be is  not filled with heat stainless steel. 

Just now, cryo said:

I think the figure stated requires at least three extra zeros on the end but I suspect they have been removed and attached to the end this months tourist arrivals so in effect in Thai math's everything will add up as no zeros have been lost. 

Diane Abbott must be working for the Thai govt now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

They are timing things. It is funny that people think they know better than the experts who have studied this type of thing for decades

Funny how almost every other developed nation has taken stricter and more sensible approaches than the UK as of late. Also former Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt, described the governments previous decision to hold off cancelling large gatherings as "concerning". Dr Campbell has been saying for weeks the UK needs to close schools and stop social gatherings, and we do. The 'timing' approach makes no sense apart from keeping the economy in some sort of function 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1