SURVEY: Covid-19, Is Thailand on the right track?

Scott

SURVEY: Covid-19, Is Thailand on the right track?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

One only has to look at the speed of propagation in Italy and then compare it with that of any country in SEA or the sub continent. The difference is glaringly obvious.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Assuming the governments are all equally truthful.

That's way. When you've run out of rationale arguments, resort to the tried and trusted 'conspiracy theory'. That'll fix it!

You know, I'm beginning to think that there will be a lot of disappointed falangs when Thailand does NOT have an overwhelming infection rate.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don Mega said:

survey needs a "you owe me a new keyboard cause I just spat coffee all over this one" option cause the Thai number are utter nonsense.

Needs 'I am a quasi-virologist (and ex-CIA) and I get all my information from Twitter and Youtube so it must be right.'

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

That's way. When you've run out of rationale arguments, resort to the tried and trusted 'conspiracy theory'. That'll fix it!

You know, I'm beginning to think that there will be a lot of disappointed falangs when Thailand does NOT have an overwhelming infection rate.

with the recent uptick in whats leaking out, are you sure it wont be you who is disappointing when it does hit the fan and reality sets in......

• Like 2

Just to put things in perspective....the UK has a post code checker so you can see how many people in your area have caught the virus. The UK and Thailand have similar sized populations yet the number of cases here is well below the UK. I just checked my home post code to see if I want to visit the UK as planned in May, the checker tells me there are 6 cases out of a regional population of 1.3 million, hardly the stuff of nightmares I reckon.

28 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

with the recent uptick in whats leaking out, are you sure it wont be you who is disappointing when it does hit the fan and reality sets in......

Of course I'll be disappointed. Why on Earth shouldn't I be. I'm encouraged by breaking news elsewhere. See the new posts.

Nobody will know what was the right track or the wrong track until  its over and the shouting, running around and screaming are done, as well as the coughing.

Then it will be an argument over should have, would have, could have complicated with politics ego needs and clicks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Okis said:

But IMO it's a sick thing to be ready to let go of the lifes of the eldery and people with conditions just like that. Honestly it's disgusting. 

Like the mass immigration to prop up the German pension system, getting rid of the elderly and infirm makes sense, from a pragmatic point of view. Since when did morality enter the political arena, other than as a veil.

15 minutes ago, Yinn said:

i know popular to Thaibash on TVF. But look at your country. Thailand not to bad right?

Right?

Oh, can not admit your country worse? 

Come on, say it!! 

Yinn, speaking for myself, a regular old American, I dont care what any government says or does except to the extent that the supplies are there in case of problems, ensure things like public safety and food/medication distribution runs smoothly, and calm folks down. If governments want to close borders or bars, fine with me, if they dont, fine with me. Its a nasty flu. You cant stop the flu, or colds, or sniffles, etc.

Its up to each and every one of us to practice personal responsibility. Wash your hands, stay home as much as possible, eat right etc. To have endless debates as to whether a govt is doing the right thing or not is silly and just gets folk even more worked up.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nyezhov said:

Yinn, speaking for myself, a regular old American, I dont care what any government says 

Thai people not care what the government say. Generally speaking.

A lot of TVF SAY the government “control” the Thai people. Pfffftt

Nobody can control the thai people. 

Prayut try control the thai people, make himself angry, because can not. Is funny see him angry. 55555

6 cases in all of Lancashire, compare that against the media hype in the UK press.

And do you know of anyone in Thailand who has caught the virus, does your extended family know of anyone first hand? No, I didn't think so.

It's a sign of the times that Brits in the UK and US are behaving the way they are, raiding the supermarkets and fighting over bog rolls, that and the media, media like TVF, you guys with your conspiracy theories and WAG's, pseudo knowledge.

And where's my stalker, I demand he visit and give me a confused smiley, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms, only twenty seven so far these past four weeks. :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by saengd
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Yinn said:

2 month ago Thailand first country to find coronavirus outside China. Because we test. Other country not test. 

A lot of poster say Thailand is stupid etc etc. Many people will die because Thailand stupid etc. 

But two month later, it not happen in Thailand. Maybe the number is higher, but still, Thailand not have many people die like the USA, Europe, UK etc. 

Now the same member, say that the government lie. If you think the government can hide dead people, make the family and friend not talk about it and social media, then YOU are stupid. Imagine it. 

The leader of the farang, Donald say not to worry will just go away, and not test the people, in UK, the policy for the people get it, Australia must wait 5 days for test, Canada PM wife get it. Etc etc. 

i know popular to Thaibash on TVF. But look at your country. Thailand not to bad right?

Right?

Oh, can not admit your country worse? 

Come on, say it!! 

ps I know if you can not admit, you will answer me,”But your government lie!” 

So where are the dead people? And their family? pppfffftt

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/countries-where-coronavirus-has-spread/

Ps Maybe? Thai people wai to say hello, but Europe kiss and shake hand together. 

Maybe? A reason. 

Prince Charles wai now! Can learn from Thailand!!

Good luck everyone. Hope you not get sick.

Love you.

9AFEF01A-8631-47C9-8B73-73FA28D86BA8.jpeg

AEEC655F-806A-4CE0-97E0-2A008A7478C1.jpeg

E3A13DAD-361A-44A7-8F6F-FF8F52B311B3.jpeg

81268FEE-74A4-4E21-AFA3-506A18A65C4F.jpeg

That reads like you Wai because you assume, in your country, people don't wash there hands and maybe carrying viruses, is that correct....?

In my country I was advised to be immunised against Hepatitis A,B and C if I was moving to Thailand, so I did just that.

Can you tell me why I was advised to do that.....?

PS. I suggest you Google what Hepatitis A, B and C is before you reply....  

7 minutes ago, transam said:

That reads like you Wai because you assume, in your country, people don't wash there hands and maybe carrying viruses, is that correct....?

In my country I was advised to be immunised against Hepatitis A,B and C if I was moving to Thailand, so I did just that.

Can you tell me why I was advised to do that.....?

PS. I suggest you Google what Hepatitis A, B and C is before you reply....  

Sound terrible.

Hope you get well soon.

11 minutes ago, saengd said:

And do you know of anyone in Thailand who has caught the virus, does your extended family know of anyone first hand? No, I didn't think so.

They will say because the government hiding all the dead people.

And kidnap the family.

And control the 80,000 doctor and nurse. 

Ppffffttt

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

They will say because the government hiding all the dead people.

And kidnap the family.

And control the 80,000 doctor and nurse. 

Ppffffttt

The internet has got a lot to answer for. 

Or maybe it's expat boredom in Thailand, can't work so invent stories instead, sad really.

14 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Nobody? 

What does ppfffffttttt mean?

What Does PFFT Mean? PFFT is "An Expression Of Dismissal". The interjection PFFT (pronounced "pufft") is used to dismiss something that someone has said or typed.

6 minutes ago, Yinn said:

What Does PFFT Mean? PFFT is "An Expression Of Dismissal". The interjection PFFT (pronounced "pufft") is used to dismiss something that someone has said or typed.

Got it. Like we would say..."whatever".

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Max69xl said:

One of the reasons several countries in Europe have many infected is because they travel abroad a lot, especially during the winter holiday. Many went for example to Italy. Then they went home and brought the infection with them. Thailand got the virus mainly from Chinese tourists and from people visiting China for several reasons,and some from guest workers in South Korea. There are VERY FEW Thai travelling abroad compared to other countries and that's one reason the domestic transmission of the virus is quite low. 

Whatever

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Thai people not care what the government say. Generally speaking.

A lot of TVF SAY the government “control” the Thai people. Pfffftt

Nobody can control the thai people. 

Prayut try control the thai people, make himself angry, because can not. Is funny see him angry. 55555

Nobody can control the Thai people - are you really that dumb? The army controls you, your social superiors control you, you are controlled by your dumbed-down education, your inability to challenge authority and to gullibly accept whatever rubbish your government feeds you.

• Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 1:11 AM, Scott said:

Thailand recently added to the list of countries who must self-monitor themselves while in Thailand.   In your opinion, do you think Thailand is on the right track in dealing with Covid-19?  

Please feel free to leave a comment.

All schools in Thailand International and Government have to close from Wednesday (17th). 

So yes, Thailand is now on track - Schools are a potential hotbed of viral spread. 

With sufficient isolation any spread can be kept to ‘pockets’ and minimised so that the healthcare systems are not overwhelmed by those in high risk groups to which the virus also spreads - I hope so anyway. 

However, the also exists a risk of transmission from anyone who has travelled internationally, self monitoring is one thing but that’s useless if someone has got the virus and spread it. Self quarantine and avoiding crowds and busy areas is more effective.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

Sound terrible.

Hope you get well soon.

As I thought, you cannot answer my question because it destroys your continuous "Thailand perfect" nonsense..........

PS. You should have Google'd to "immunise"  meaning, to improve your English, you know, the reason you joined TVF...

It means to guard against something, not that you have a problem....????

But let me tell you why the UK advises immunization against Hepatitis A, B and C...if traveling to Thailand.....The place has known unclean practices.....????

• Like 1