Government prepares hospital for Covid-19 patients if situation reaches phase 3

webfact

Government prepares hospital for Covid-19 patients if situation reaches phase 3

By The Nation

800_6d9765042a25a69.jpg

Photo credit: Bangkunthian Geriatric Hospital official facebook

The Bangkunthian Geriatric Hospital has been prepared to treat Covid-19 patients if the virus situation aggravates.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul revealed that if the Covid-19 prevention committee agrees to raise the epidemic to phase three, the ministry has earmarked a hospital to support the new cases.

Bangkunthian Geriatric Hospital will be used when the committee announces phase three.

A new building has just been finished for critical cases. The ministry will provide doctors and nurses to help in such situation.

Meanwhile, the government spokesman announced that deputy prime ministers Somkid Jatusripitak and Wisanu Krua-ngam has cancelled all appointments and were focusung on dealing with the Covid-19 disease outbreak.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384177

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-16

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul revealed that if the Covid-19 prevention committee agrees to raise the epidemic to phase three, the ministry has earmarked a hospital to support the new cases

Phase 3 with only 114 cases... this government is staying quiet about something... and it ain't flu!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Good, prepare a few more. And outside Bangkok. As usual the response is BKK, BKK, BKK. 

it's within Bangkok city limits.

Thonburi side of the river, south of where the the ring road comes over the bridge

6 hours ago, keith101 said:

What constitutes phase 3 now that there is over 100 confirmed cases and spreading quick even without a large testing strategy .

phase 3 = community transmission. It is when there start to be confirmed cases  in people not directly connected to a known case and not having traveled to areas of active infection.

Stage 4 = epidemic proportions.

Thailand is currently at stage 2 - there has been some local transmission but so far all cases can be linked to another known case. Same is true of Cambodia.

patient who is not exposed to anyone known to be infected and has not travelled to countries in which the virus is circulating tests positive for infection.

Community transmission happens when a patient who is not exposed to anyone known to be infected and has not travelled to countries in which the virus is circulating tests positive for infection.

Community transmission happens when a patient who is not exposed to anyone known to be infected and has not travelled to countries in which the virus is circulating tests positive for infection.

They have lied themselves into a corner as I suspect stage 3 was passed a while ago and lockdown was shown to be the wrong decision in the case of the Spanish flu but many countries have gone into panic mode and instantly gone into lock down therefore vastly extending this pandemic. We will now worldwide have a cyclic pandemic as happened with the Spanish flu until an antiviral cure is found ???? Lessons are never learnt by the majority unfortunately and the same mistakes are made again and again ????

• Like 1

Lot of really gullible people who seem to believe the Thai propaganda of low cases.

Really hard to understand how easily your opinions are influenced despite your better judgement.

It is likely that there are thousands of cases in Thailand.

Really shocking so many of you believe the low numbers.

• Like 1

In Thailand there seems to be a lot of significance and inflexibility attached to the labels "Phase 2" versus "Phase 3."  Is there some sort of checklist of actions the Thais feel they must enact when they officially are ready to declare they are in Phase 3?

7 hours ago, cryo said:

They have lied themselves into a corner as I suspect stage 3 was passed a while ago and lockdown was shown to be the wrong decision in the case of the Spanish flu but many countries have gone into panic mode and instantly gone into lock down therefore vastly extending this pandemic. We will now worldwide have a cyclic pandemic as happened with the Spanish flu until an antiviral cure is found ???? Lessons are never learnt by the majority unfortunately and the same mistakes are made again and again ????

images (34).jpeg

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Lot of really gullible people who seem to believe the Thai propaganda of low cases.

Really hard to understand how easily your opinions are influenced despite your better judgement.

It is likely that there are thousands of cases in Thailand.

Really shocking so many of you believe the low numbers.

Wanting to believe, for whatever reason, is a large factor in gullibility. FWIW. Mine is a non-qualified opinion, I'm not even an ex-nurse from 30-odd years ago so hardly an expert, but I view any stats produced by the corrupt government in Thailand as extremely dubious. For this reason, I think it's likely that the Thai people have been lied to fairly consistently, and that the situation vis-a-vis Covid-19 is rather worse than is generally accepted from numbers provided by the government, which, after all, has it's own agenda and a rather large credibility gap.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Misty said:

In Thailand there seems to be a lot of significance and inflexibility attached to the labels "Phase 2" versus "Phase 3."  Is there some sort of checklist of actions the Thais feel they must enact when they officially are ready to declare they are in Phase 3?

Only those they will have copied from the hated foreigners and may not be fully understood. Hatred is a very flexible thing.

1 hour ago, ParkerN said:

Wanting to believe, for whatever reason, is a large factor in gullibility. FWIW. Mine is a non-qualified opinion, I'm not even an ex-nurse from 30-odd years ago so hardly an expert, but I view any stats produced by the corrupt government in Thailand as extremely dubious. For this reason, I think it's likely that the Thai people have been lied to fairly consistently, and that the situation vis-a-vis Covid-19 is rather worse than is generally accepted from numbers provided by the government, which, after all, has it's own agenda and a rather large credibility gap.

Agree fully.

Some people here probably want to believe because they hope the best for the Thai people and others here.

And, whilst it would be admirable, it's ultimately counter productive for the country if millions of people continue to play dumb (or be dumb) and believe what we are told by unfailingly corrupt people.