Don’t panic, we can easily meet consumer goods demand: major suppliers

webfact

27 minutes ago, leeneeds said:

Shopping today in the mall so will see myself what is available, I doubt there will be a rush on toilet paper unlike western countries. 

I heard that gourmet market at Emquartier was out.  7-11 near me in Phra Khanong was nearly out.  Only a few rolls left.  No 4 packs.  I bought the last 2 pack and 2 single rolls.  What is up with that?  Why on earth would Thais be hoarding toilet paper?  Makes no sense.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

That's good to hear but I hope unlike the floods in 2011 they don't put the prices up like water went to 30 baht a bottle and other goods went up.

Lets hope the retailers do not monopalise on the people in the name of greed and people suffering.

If they do they should be in jail but we know that is just fantasy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Therefore, there is no reason for Thais to rush to hoard products, he made it clear.

It didn't stop the greedy woman at Foodland yesterday who loaded up her cart with every package of chicken available. She bought nothing else, just a cart overflowing with packages of chicken. When I went to the butcher counter, I was told no more available. So, thanks, Foodland. When people act like that woman you should put a limit on her buying. I usually buy much, much more than just the four or five chicken breasts I get every Monday. But it's still a staple for me. I'll just go elsewhere now that I know I cannot rely on Foodland to keep one person from pigging out their entire holding of a major purchase item. And, btw, the hoarder didn't buy anything else. Just chicken. How dumb is that for a store manager? Run away a customer who comes in every week and buys 3000 or 4000 of groceries just to let a one-time hoarder clean you out. No more Foodlands for me. Tops only, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Boonyarit, their production capacity is only 70 per cent at present and they can smoothly ramp this up to 100 per cent if need be.

Therefore, there is no reason for Thais to rush to hoard products, he made it clear.

Well guess what people are gonna do??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I was lucky , that yesterday I could find eggs at 7-11, but FOODLAND,.... no way....

27 minutes ago, MaxLee said:

Well guess what people are gonna do??? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I was lucky , that yesterday I could find eggs at 7-11, but FOODLAND,.... no way....

Lots of things were gone from the shelves at Foodland yesterday. No Danita taco shells, penne pasta, ham, ground beef, red and yellow bell peppers, some canned tuna, and not even any popcorn to buy and watch it all unfold.

• Haha 1

70% production capacity means widespread hoarding but 100% would stop that? Unlikely.

Production can never be sustainably or easily 'ramped up' to 100%, sadly this guy is talking out of his bottom, but then Thai governments care more about what people would like to hear than what they need to hear - it's a part of the reason SE Asia is so backward.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sungod said:

I have a couple of rolls in my house for show, been there at least 6 years now. The are there in case I get any visitors who think I am a peasant for not having bog roll. ????

Buying bog rolls for show , now that shows class !  What I would like is an 18 carat bum gun.

1 hour ago, zydeco said:

Lots of things were gone from the shelves at Foodland yesterday. No Danita taco shells, penne pasta, ham, ground beef, red and yellow bell peppers, some canned tuna, and not even any popcorn to buy and watch it all unfold.

I'm in Foodland Srinakarin, yes.... the panic buying started for over 1 week already. I was lucky to buy Toilet paper, but not in roles anymore.

Those who can only go grocery shopping after work are practically screwed with leftovers and no eggs.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

According to Boonyarit, their production capacity is only 70 per cent at present and they can smoothly ramp this up to 100 per cent if need be.

So why hasn't anyone in Thailand been able to buy face masks, alcohol hand gels, and various other things from local stores for the past two months???

Liar!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK that's reassuring, not that I was worried. Just back from my local Gourmet market, and all the shelves looked full, no sign of panic. I did not wear a mask, and no one cared. Although,  some Thai guy about my age, 60ish, also not in mask, gave me a slight smile as if to acknowledge that neither of us had masks on, and say, "Yeah man <deleted> these screwballs, we don't need no stinking masks!"

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So why hasn't anyone in Thailand been able to buy face masks, alcohol hand gels, and various other things from local stores for the past two months???

Liar!!!

Not true. Two Weeks ago I purchased a 10 pack of 4oz sanitizer gel bottles on lazada, locally sourced in Thailand 70% alcohol.

8 hours ago, leeneeds said:

Shopping today in the mall so will see myself what is available, I doubt there will be a rush on toilet paper unlike western countries. 

Actually, the toilet paper hoarding started in Hong Kong with a triad hijacking a truckload full, then spread to Australia with women fist fighting over packages. 

World news reported these stories and the panic spread.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Not true. Two Weeks ago I purchased a 10 pack of 4oz sanitizer gel bottles on lazada, locally sourced in Thailand 70% alcohol.

You obviously missed the part of my post you responded to where I said "local stores" -- not online sellers.

54 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You obviously missed the part of my post you responded to where I said "local stores" -- not online sellers.

Are you in the middle of nowhere or have no idea where to find it?

In a Watson's now which there are many and I consider a local chain.

Lots all 70%.

Second photo a chain market.

15844273426226238338859778897247.jpg

15844278873425272436756528107227.jpg

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1